Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Fellowship Hall > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests - Jam 5:16 - Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Prayer request from Don Rutledge

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Yesterday a tragedy occurred in our family and we desperately need your prayers. My oldest son Daron, age 41, broke his neck and severed his spinal cord. The doctors have said he will be paralyzed from the hands down. On Monday they will perform surgery to fuse his neck. Please pray for him and his wife Christa and for us all here in Durham.

Your brother in Christ,

Don Rutledge
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Suannehill

Default Re: Prayer request from Don Rutledge

Praying, keep me updated!
Suannehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Rick Coleman

We will pray for this matter

Rick Coleman
Rick Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post

Yesterday a tragedy occurred in our family and we desperately need your prayers. My oldest son Daron, age 41, broke his neck and severed his spinal cord. The doctors have said he will be paralyzed from the hands down. On Monday they will perform surgery to fuse his neck. Please pray for him and his wife Christa and for us all here in Durham.

Your brother in Christ,

Don Rutledge
Lord Jesus you were anointed to preach the gospel to the poor; you were sent to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised. This is our burden on this forum.

Lord, you raised a man who was sick with palsy so that we would all know that you have power on earth to forgive sins. Lord Jesus we ask you to heal the son of our brother Don, a paralytic man: because which is easier, for offended saints to say “your sins are forgiven” or for you to say “rise and walk”? Lord I pray you would help us take the first step; I pray that you would speak the word “rise and walk” to the son of our brother Don. I pray that through Your compassion You would heal many that are brokenhearted and set at liberty many that are bruised. Amen.

Your brother in Christ,
Stuart Willett
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Hope

Dear brothers and sisters,

Originally I sent out a prayer request to some individual believers and included "UntoHim." I am thankful that it was posted here on the blog and trust prayers have been offered.

It looks very grim for my son. His neck was broken at the 6th and 7th verterbrae and his spinal cord completely severed. He will be payalyzed from the elbows down and from the chest down.

We need your prayers. We need the grace of Christ to make it each day. He is in a lot of pain and discomfort and somewhat frightened regarding the future as we all are.

In Him,

Hope, Don Rutledge
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

2 Corinthians 1:3,4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

May the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, comfort Daron and the whole Rutledge family in this trial. May their faith and trust in the Father of mercies as their immovable rock remain strong.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
KSA

Dear Don, my heart is with you. I am praying for the divine healing and the complete restoration of the bodily functions of your son.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSA View Post
Dear Don, my heart is with you. I am praying for the divine healing and the complete restoration of the bodily functions of your son.
Amen, Lord.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
Hope

Here is a brief update on Daron and specific prayer request.

His neck was broken at the 6th vertebrae and he is paralyzed from the elbows down and from the chest down.

He is in a lot of pain. We have been informed that this type of injury and surgery produces the most sever pain but it will gradually lessen. He cannot take much pain medicine due to fear of pneumonia and other complications.

The doctors, etc will be making a decision in the next day or so regarding his rehabilition If his pain level will allow him to participate in a rehab program, he will be moved to a rehab hospital facility. He needs to be accepted at an “acute rehab program.” His pain level needs to come down so he can handle the rehab.

Don Rutledge and family
Old 06-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #10
Toledo
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Exclamation Re: Prayer request from Don Rutledge

I haven't been able to respond to this any more than to say I have been praying for Daron.

Sometimes there is no right or wrong, or good or fair. There is only the Lord Jesus: "It is the Lord. Let Him do what seemeth Him good".

The heart aches...

Ps 66:12 Thou didst make men ride over our heads; We went through fire and through water; Yet Thou didst bring us out into a place of abundance.
Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #11
manna-man

God of Grace and Glory
In these days increase our faith.

We would come and enter boldly living only by your grace.

Christ our Shepherd lead us and in love our hearts renew.

Bread of Life now come and feed us, make us more and more like you.

May The Lord Meet every need of Daron and his loved ones!
manna-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #12
countmeworthy

Not only Heal Daron Lord Jesus......speedily and swiftly remove his pain. You are the Great Physician. Nothing is impossible with You or to difficult for You to do.

We make our supplications and requests in the Throne Room that God the Comforter will restore Daron's health and heal his wounds according to the Promise of the Word of God.

Thank You Father, in the Name of Your Precious Son, Jesus for receiving our prayers.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:13 AM   #13
Hope

Dear Fellow Believers,

At this point, it seems the paralysis will be from the elbows down and from the chest down. He is not a quadriplegic since he can move his neck, shoulders and upper arms but is looking at being a paraplegic. He still suffers a lot from intense pain. The doctors explained to us that when the central nervous system suffers this kind of injury all the live systems go into hyper sensitivity. He has feelings in his neck, shoulders and upper arms and upper back. If there is a wrinkle in his pillow, while we would probably not even notice it, for him it is like lying on a wire. He can only be given mild pain medication since he can only breath with his chest muscles as his diaphragm does not function. If he is sedated, his breathing would be very shallow and pneumonia is a threat.

He is beginning to get some rehab. He is working at being able to use devices for holding a cup. At this point he really can do nothing for himself. My wife Sheryl spends nine hours a day at the hospital, his wife two hours and I three hours to assist him with ongoing practical needs.

We are hoping he could be moved to a rehab hospital soon, but his pain level must go down before this can happen.

Please pray for the supply of grace from the Lord that Sheryl and I and his wife Christa can meet the need.

We have been supplied by so many prayers from so many directions that in the midst of our own pain and suffering we can glorify the Lord for His reality and love that is in so many of His dear believers.

Thank You,

Don Rutledge
Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #14
aron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post

We are hoping he could be moved to a rehab hospital soon, but his pain level must go down before this can happen.

Please pray for the supply of grace from the Lord that Sheryl and I and his wife Christa can meet the need.

We have been supplied by so many prayers from so many directions that in the midst of our own pain and suffering we can glorify the Lord for His reality and love that is in so many of His dear believers.
Bro Don,

If I have ever encountered an "elder", i.e. one to look up to and attempt to emulate, on these internet forums, it has been your testimony here among us. I hope that I never forget your example. I trust the Lord to give us all the praying spirits to stand in the breach for you and your family in this hour of need.

May the grace of the Lord be with you always.

aron