Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 02-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
Steel
Moderated Member

Default Praise the Lord!

Oh that we should all speak only in the light of the following scriptures... How wonderful would this be before our Lord...

1 Chronicles 16:23-31...

"Sing to Jehovah all the earth; Proclaim His salvation from day to day... Declare His glory among the nations, His wondrous deeds among all the peoples... For Jehovah is great and much to be praised, And He is to be feared above all gods... For all the gods of the peoples are idols, But Jehovah made the heavens... Majesty and splendor are before Him; Strength and gladness are in His place... Ascribe to Jehovah, O families of the peoples, Ascribe to Jehovah, glory and strength;... Ascribe to Jehovah the glory of His name; Bring an offering, and come before Him. Worship Jehovah in holy splendor;... Tremble before Him, all the earth. Indeed the world has been established; it will not be moved;... Let the heavens rejoice and the earth be glad; And let them say among the nations, Jehovah reigns!"

Ephesians 5:19-21... "Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and psalming with your heart to the Lord,... Giving thanks at all times for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to our God and Father,... Being subject to one another in the fear of Christ:..."
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #2
aron

Default Re: Praise the Lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel
Almost every day for the last 19+ years I've been participating in online forums focused on God and believers... Many forums that are filled with unbelievers spewing their hatred of God and believers.

What I witness on those online forums is no different to what I witness from some here on these boards.
A good point, and worth commenting on. I've been posting on this forum for a while, and probably every third post or so, I should apologise to everyone if I'm conveying some improper spirit, & being disrespectful of others.

I think it comes out naturally - we argue points because ideas are important, but somewhere along the line forget that love is the most important idea of all, not winning a debate. And our debate has left love far behind.

What does the unbeliever think when they come here, and Christians are railing at one another? Where's the incentive to repent, believe, follow and obey?

Having said that, a few comments are in order. In the LC they love to despise "Christianity", which means everyone else. WL called non-LC fellowships "dark, satanic, corrupt, devilish, twisted" &c whilst his own errors were supposed to be met with benevolent indulgence? Hardly.

Second, if you look at the gospels, when the demons were coming out, it was kinda ugly. Screaming, crying, venting, rolling around. Some of that's going on here, whilst folks are de-programming themselves of the Thought-World of Nee and Lee.

But WL himself and the current blendeds are probably fine people, as people go . . . . they just got caught by some very bad ideas. Bad ideas can make otherwise well-meaning folk do bad things. ~John 16:2
Old 02-07-2018, 04:53 PM   #3
Indiana

Default Re: Thanks for your help to us, Steele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel View Post
Oh that we should all speak only in the light of the following scriptures... How wonderful would this be before our Lord...

"Sing to Jehovah all the earth; Proclaim His salvation from day to day... Declare His glory among the nations, His wondrous deeds among all the peoples... For Jehovah is great and much to be praised, And He is to be feared above all gods... For all the gods of the peoples are idols, But Jehovah made the heavens... Majesty and splendor are before Him; Strength and gladness are in His place... Ascribe to Jehovah, O families of the peoples, Ascribe to Jehovah, glory and strength;... Ascribe to Jehovah the glory of His name; Bring an offering, and come before Him. Worship Jehovah in holy splendor;... Tremble before Him, all the earth. Indeed the world has been established; it will not be moved;... Let the heavens rejoice and the earth be glad; And let them say among the nations, Jehovah reigns!"

Ephesians 5:19-21... "Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and psalming with your heart to the Lord,... Giving thanks at all times for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to our God and Father,... Being subject to one another in the fear of Christ:..."
Thanks for your help to us, Steele. Stick around, I may need you soon myself. You, or our good admin, or someone else can feel free to, at least, PM me any time. Without a spiritual standard in effect, we can descend rapidly together on this forum to the detriment of seeking ones who may need this forum's help for answers and encouragement.
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #4
JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel View Post

Yes, great verses, Steel. One of the reasons I like participating in “Praise Song of the Day” on this site are these charges.

But limiting our speaking only to the light of two sections of scripture? When we have 66 books of great content from God to speak to each other from, you surely can’t mean that?

By the way, welcome to this site. I’m glad to see some one else trying to defend LSM and TLR views. I’m always sad when I see people crossing over the line of brotherly love and unclean language on this site, and hope you will call me out if/when I do.

Many of the posters here don’t cross that line, though some do, unfortunately. You might want to rethink your initial assessment of this site. It seemed kinda “broad brush” to me.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #5
Steel
Moderated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Yes, great verses, Steel. One of the reasons I like participating in “Praise Song of the Day” on this site are these charges.

But limiting our speaking only to the light of two sections of scripture? When we have 66 books of great content from God to speak to each other from, you surely can’t mean that?
I was actually considering copying and pasting all 66 books... But then figured I could just post a couple and ask the Lord to get the point across.

:-)

Quote:
By the way, welcome to this site. I’m glad to see some one else trying to defend LSM and TLR views.
Thank you... But I'm not actually trying to defend any views... Not even my own.

I'm just here to fellowship in the Lord... Which from my understanding of what scripture reveals... Is what solves all problems.

Quote:
I’m always sad when I see people crossing over the line of brotherly love and unclean language on this site, and hope you will call me out if/when I do.
Love is the most important matter that needs to be recovered within teh body of Christ...

Love for our Lord... And love for the members of the body of our Lord.

Quote:
Many of the posters here don’t cross that line, though some do, unfortunately. You might want to rethink your initial assessment of this site. It seemed kinda “broad brush” to me.
Amen... I'm still in the process of perfecting... I just pray that the point the Lord wanted to make gets across and that any of my natural man is ignored.

Eat the hay and leave the sticks.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:43 PM   #6
JJ

Love your attitude, Steel!
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote