Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Writings of Former Members > The Thread of Gold by Jane Carole Anderson

The Thread of Gold by Jane Carole Anderson "God's Purpose, The Cross and Me"

Old 07-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Thread of Gold Ladies Retreat and then something for everybody

"We also reserved the same facility for the dates Oct. 2-5 for another kind of get together--a retreat for any in Berean's land who would be interested in coming. Please contact us through the Thread of Gold retreat email address if you are interested in attending. Details will be forthcoming"

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin bout... for several years now the brothers have been worried about you guys talking behind our backs. Now you can talk smack about us right to our face
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
Suannehill

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
"We also reserved the same facility for the dates Oct. 2-5 for another kind of get together--a retreat for any in Berean's land who would be interested in coming. Please contact us through the Thread of Gold retreat email address if you are interested in attending. Details will be forthcoming"

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin bout... for several years now the brothers have been worried about you guys talking behind our backs. Now you can talk smack about us right to our face
Nell,
Any more info on the purpose of 2 gatherings?
Sue
Suannehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suannehill View Post
Nell,
Sue
Hi Sue,

Actually, the same opportunity was made available last year and there were no takers for the 2nd weekend. As for purpose, the second gathering has the same purpose as the first I think. (Just a different group of people.) To give the Lord an opportunity to gather His children together for fellowship with Him and each other. That's my thought. Jane may have more to say.

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:24 AM   #4
aron

Re: your title. Please don't threaten us with your gold!

We have enough adversarial exchanges going on in the world...not here too!

aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
Thankful Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Re: your title. Please don't threaten us with your gold!

We have enough adversarial exchanges going on in the world...not here too!

Dear aron,

I think that is a typo in the title. It should be "thread" not "threat". Hey Admin, are you out there listening??? Maybe you could change this ... ???

Thankful Jane
Thankful Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
UntoHim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankful Jane View Post
Dear aron,
I think that is a typo in the title. It should be "thread" not "threat". Hey Admin, are you out there listening??? Maybe you could change this ... ???
Thankful Jane
Oh I'm "out there" all right ()...looks like my cixelsyd got the best of me on that one. Opps, hope ya'll don't think that was a Freudian skip or anything. Ok, I don't think I can actually change the title to a thread...have to start a new one with the corrected title and then move all posts over...there must be a better way!
Old 07-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #7
aron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Oh I'm "out there" all right ()...looks like my cixelsyd got the best of me on that one. Oops, hope ya'll don't think that was a Freudian skip or anything.
A little humor; I couldn't resist!

Levity can be so hard to come by these days...
aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
Thankful Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Oh I'm "out there" all right ()...looks like my cixelsyd got the best of me on that one. Opps, hope ya'll don't think that was a Freudian skip or anything. Ok, I don't think I can actually change the title to a thread...have to start a new one with the corrected title and then move all posts over...there must be a better way!
Since aron has clarified that his intention was to throw in a little levity (and not a little boot) I think it should stand as is. I think one too many boots thrown my way has sensitized me.

No need to go to the trouble to change it, dear Admin. I'm sure you've better things to do, like look for more smilies .

Thankful Jane
Old 07-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #9
Testing123

Looks like it already got done, Thankful!
Testing123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
Thankful Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testing123 View Post
Looks like it already got done, Thankful!
That's okay by me. Is the smilie hunt in progress? I'll give up on this request after a few more posts about it sprinkled here and there, so not to worry. (see I'm desperate)
Old 07-14-2008, 04:12 PM   #11
Thankful Jane

Quote:
Nell,
Sue
The second weekend came about this way. When I was making the reservation for the first back in January, I felt led by the Lord to reserve the second long weekend, even though there was no definite purpose in mind for it. (I have to make the reservations with my friend quite a bit in advance, so I went ahead and did it.)

Since then both Matt and my husband have expressed a possible interest in doing something with the time. Opening up the weekend to the Bereans folks at large was a first pass at seeing if there was a level of interest from those that are on the forum.

Matt told me today that he has some more definite leading about a possible purpose for the weekend--but it will be up to him to make that known if it develops further. I think he is fellowshipping with some brothers about his thoughts or, at least, intends to do so soon.

So that's about all I have to offer at this point. The wind blows where it wills and you hear the sound thereof, but you don't know where it is coming from or where it is going...so is everyone who is born of the Spirit. Maybe this is one of those kind of things, or as someone somewhere has said, maybe it is going to just unfold like a flower . If God has something in mind, I'm sure He'll let us in on it in time to get there if He wants us there.

All I can say is I'm pretty sure something will go on that weekend in the way of more fellowship.

So there you have it. I feel like a politician having said a lot of words, but really not said much of anything .

Thankful Jane
Old 07-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #12
UntoHim

Quote:
The wind blows where it wills and you hear the sound thereof, but you don't know where it is coming from or where it is going...
Tell ya what..I've been in the Lone Star State a time or two this time of year, and we better hope the the wind is blowin where it wills (left, right, up, down, so long as its blowin!).

I don't care if I have to ride my scooter...I'm comin! Especially if Nell and Hope are coming...I want to razz them in person about their BB team that will be so far behind my (name deleted to protect to guilty)...
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
Old 07-15-2008, 05:48 AM   #13
Thankful Jane

Hi Unto,

You're right that it has been blowin' here in Texas this year (in more ways than one)! I'll put you on the list. Nell is a 'yes' but Hope hasn't responded, so we're yet to see if the wind will blow him this way or not. "Hope"fully he'll be able to come.

Thankful Jane
Old 07-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #14
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Tell ya what..I've been in the Lone Star State a time or two this time of year, and we better hope the the wind is blowin where it wills (left, right, up, down, so long as its blowin!).

I don't care if I have to ride my scooter...I'm comin! Especially if Nell and Hope are coming...I want to razz them in person about their BB team that will be so far behind my (name deleted to protect to guilty)...
Razz away, dude. It ain't over yet. We have a high tolerance for pain, lots of stamina and resillience. We'll be back!

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #15
Hope

I would greatly enjoy seeing you all. I have made a commitment to be at Westminster CA. for a conference the following week-end and at this time do not believe I can be away for two week-ends in a row. That is a very busy time for my business but who knows what the Lord may arrange. If the Lord leads, I would be thrilled to see any of you in California the next week-end.

In Christ Jesus,

Hope, Don Rutledge

Quote:
Hi Unto,

You're right that it has been blowin' here in Texas this year (in more ways than one)! I'll put you on the list. Nell is a 'yes' but Hope hasn't responded, so we're yet to see if the wind will blow him this way or not. "Hope"fully he'll be able to come.

Thankful Jane
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #16
Thankful Jane

Default Re: Thread of Gold Ladies Retreat and then something for everybody

2010 Ladies Retreat
Here's the announcement we just sent out:

------------------

Hi,

This fall we will be holding another Thread of Gold Ladies Retreat. The dates for the retreat are Thursday through Sunday, September 30—October 3, 2010. Please feel free to invite anyone you know who might like to come.
The following link provides information about the retreat and tells how to register: http://www.thethreadofgold.com/retreat.html. If for any reason you have trouble accessing the web page, please tell us about this in an email and we will send you the complete retreat information by email. If you have any questions not covered in the retreat information, please feel free to send them in an email and we will try to answer them for you. Our email address is: TOGRetreat@verizon.net
Please note that we are requesting registrations be in by September 1, 2010.

Many blessings to you and we hope to see you there,
The Thread of Gold Retreat Planners: Jane Anderson, Karen Johnson, Lanell Allen

--------------------------

(Note: I used an existing thread to post this. The "and something for everybody else" part of the thread name doesn't apply this year...)
Old 07-28-2010, 08:12 AM   #17
KSA

Hello Jane, I am really happy that you keep this healthy tradition of having Ladies Retreats. I pray that the Lord would prepare something really, really special for you this time. (I know He always does )
Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #18
Suannehill

I attended the retreat...and...there are not enough words to describe what we experienced...
Each time I try...I erase it as inadequate.
Suannehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #19
countmeworthy

Quote:
I attended the retreat...and...there are not enough words to describe what we experienced...
Each time I try...I erase it as inadequate.

God always meets us there ! .........and we meet HIM. It is true...words cannot describe what we experienced but each time we meet, our hearts grow fonder for one another....a deep appreciation for how God brings us together. There is a lot of things that were wrong under Lee's ministry but God used that ministry for good in a way that we sisters who gather at this retreat
cannot express in words. All Glory to God forever.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote