Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Orthopraxy - Christian Practice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2016, 07:16 AM   #1
Koinonia
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 535
Default LC Gibberish

"Further Talks on the Urgent Need of the Central Lane of the Central Line of the Crucial Points of the Major Items of the Basic Elements of the Constitution and Building Up of the Exercise and Practice of the Essence of the Focus of the Kernel of the Lord's Recovery"

Anyone miss this kind of thing?
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:42 AM   #2
Freedom
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: LC Gibberish

I think this one is from a recent training or something. I've seen it floating around on the internet:
Becoming divine and mystical persons living in the divine and mystical realm for the building of the divine and mystical temple of God.
__________________
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
Igzy
Member
 
Igzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
"Further Talks on the Urgent Need of the Central Lane of the Central Line of the Crucial Points of the Major Items of the Basic Elements of the Constitution and Building Up of the Exercise and Practice of the Essence of the Focus of the Kernel of the Lord's Recovery"

Anyone miss this kind of thing?


Or... The Kernel of the Essential, Intrinsic, Consummate Consummation of the Consummate, Intrinsic, Essential Kernel.

__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It's doing the right thing in the face of fear.
Igzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #4
UntoHim
Grateful Servant
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,469
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Or...

The K of the E, I, C, C of the C, I, E, K.

Everybody now....supercalifragilisticexpialidocious....

You can't make this stuff up folks.


-
__________________
Now Unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy (Jude 24)
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:37 AM   #5
Igzy
Member
 
Igzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Or...

The K of the E, I, C, C of the C, I, E, K.

Everybody now....supercalifragilisticexpialidocious....

You can't make this stuff up folks.


-
I can hear Lee now...

"There is the consummation. But then... FURTHER!... There is... the CONSUMMATE consummation!!... This is deeper and higher, and way over here, and way over there, too.... Only we... in the Lord's Recovery... have seen this."

And everyone screams, "AMEN!!!"
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It's doing the right thing in the face of fear.
Igzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:41 AM   #6
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 10,214
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post


Or... The Kernel of the Essential, Intrinsic, Consummate Consummation of the Consummate, Intrinsic, Essential Kernel.


"Now let's have all the churches from Texas stand and recite Banner #1 with a strong, buoyant, joyful, exercised and released spirit to nourish all the brothers and sisters!"

"The Kernal of ..."
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #7
Freedom
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: LC Gibberish

I think that much of the purpose behind the LC lingo it that it's a convenient tactic that is intended to purposely confuse people. What better way for Lee to insulate his position than by developing a talk that only he himself could come up with. Some of this nonsense is downright stupid and illogical, and there is no way decipher it besides calling it what it really is. Since LCers can't call BS, they simply arrive at the premature conclusion that they themselves are the problem that they are limited in what they understand. Thus ensures that the authority structure maintains intact.

On the other hand, a lot of the lingo does have subtle implications. Just consider normal things found in the Bible like the temple, the altar, the golden lampstand. Everyone knows what these are, but what does the LC do? They predicate everything with phrases like "the intrinsic significance". What they're really saying is that everything they attach these labels to has some kind of esoteric meaning that only they see. This is why I find this kind of talk to be disconcerting. It's subtle, it's elusive, and if you try to address it, they play word games with you. Christians should be on the lookout for people using peculiar language and terminology. It almost certainly indicates that there's something else going on.
__________________
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #8
Igzy
Member
 
Igzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: LC Gibberish

The LC's turgid slogans were bombast designed to create a wow factor. They worked... 40 years ago. The sizzle is long off the steak, however. Yet they continue. They can't do anything different because that's the way Lee did it, and Lee can't be wrong or improved upon. So order up more white banners and red nouns and verbs, and lots of red adverbs and adjectives. Heap those up. Maybe more will help. Repeat because we know nothing else, to the point of being pathetic.
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It's doing the right thing in the face of fear.
Igzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #9
HERn
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 714
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
"Further Talks on the Urgent Need of the Central Lane of the Central Line of the Crucial Points of the Major Items of the Basic Elements of the Constitution and Building Up of the Exercise and Practice of the Essence of the Focus of the Kernel of the Lord's Recovery"

Anyone miss this kind of thing?
Wow!

I frequently praise God that I'm free of Lee!
__________________
Christ cares for all His sheep in whatever group.
HERn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #10
HERn
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 714
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
"Further Talks on the Urgent Need of the Central Lane of the Central Line of the Crucial Points of the Major Items of the Basic Elements of the Constitution and Building Up of the Exercise and Practice of the Essence of the Focus of the Kernel of the Lord's Recovery"

Anyone miss this kind of thing?
Was this a real banner or did someone make it up?
__________________
Christ cares for all His sheep in whatever group.
HERn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:00 PM   #11
Freedom
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
Was this a real banner or did someone make it up?
It's fake.

But then again it's all fake. WL made it all up as he saw fit. It has no real meaning, and anyone attempting to decipher that kind of nonsense will drive themselves crazy.

Someone could probably write a computer program the could generate LSM outlines. Just insert words like intrinsic, economy, kernel or consummation every so often and you've got yourself an LSM outline. Oh and don't forget the random scripture references that nothing to do with the outline points.
__________________
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:13 PM   #12
HERn
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 714
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
It's fake.

But then again it's all fake. WL made it all up as he saw fit. It has no real meaning, and anyone attempting to decipher that kind of nonsense will drive themselves crazy.

Someone could probably write a computer program the could generate LSM outlines. Just insert words like intrinsic, economy, kernel or consummation every so often and you've got yourself an LSM outline. Oh and don't forget the random scripture references that nothing to do with the outline points.
Thanks Freedom. Last year or so I looked at a recent LSM outline and compared what was written to the cited bible verses and was amazed at the incongruity. I remember as an LC member paying more attention to the outline than to the content of the bible verses.
__________________
Christ cares for all His sheep in whatever group.
HERn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:21 AM   #13
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,199
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
Thanks Freedom. Last year or so I looked at a recent LSM outline and compared what was written to the cited bible verses and was amazed at the incongruity. I remember as an LC member paying more attention to the outline than to the content of the bible verses.
Of course. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the outline that was prayread instead of the bible verses.
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:23 AM   #14
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,199
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
"Further Talks on the Urgent Need of the Central Lane of the Central Line of the Crucial Points of the Major Items of the Basic Elements of the Constitution and Building Up of the Exercise and Practice of the Essence of the Focus of the Kernel of the Lord's Recovery"

Anyone miss this kind of thing?
Not at all. I often tell a brother "it's a lot of words to say very little". Who knows, maybe whoever comes up with these phrases is puffed up with pride. Whenever the next outline comes up, he takes it as a challenge if he can out do himself.
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #15
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,199
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I think that much of the purpose behind the LC lingo it that it's a convenient tactic that is intended to purposely confuse people. What better way for Lee to insulate his position than by developing a talk that only he himself could come up with. Some of this nonsense is downright stupid and illogical, and there is no way decipher it besides calling it what it really is. Since LCers can't call BS, they simply arrive at the premature conclusion that they themselves are the problem that they are limited in what they understand. Thus ensures that the authority structure maintains intact.

On the other hand, a lot of the lingo does have subtle implications. Just consider normal things found in the Bible like the temple, the altar, the golden lampstand. Everyone knows what these are, but what does the LC do? They predicate everything with phrases like "the intrinsic significance". What they're really saying is that everything they attach these labels to has some kind of esoteric meaning that only they see. This is why I find this kind of talk to be disconcerting. It's subtle, it's elusive, and if you try to address it, they play word games with you. Christians should be on the lookout for people using peculiar language and terminology. It almost certainly indicates that there's something else going on.
Freedom, it is confusing. It purposely traps people in their mind trying to comprehend what exactly is the message we're reading? It's a vehicle for those who do comprehend to boast about the knowledge they glean from the ministry and how non-LSM Christianity has nothing to offer.
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:28 AM   #16
NewManLiving
Member
 
NewManLiving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 135
Default Re: LC Gibberish

If that is an actual quote then the LSM has gone from the rediculous to the absurd.
NewManLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:35 PM   #17
Koinonia
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 535
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewManLiving View Post
If that is an actual quote then the LSM has gone from the rediculous to the absurd.
This is not an actual quote, but all of these are phrases used by Witness Lee and rehashed and rehashed every year by the blended brothers.

For example, "Crucial Points of the Major Items of the Lord's Recovery"--a Witness Lee book title, and also the title of a recent major LSM conference.

"Crucial Points of the Major Items"...?
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:23 AM   #18
Freedom
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: LC Gibberish

I have always felt that the LC lingo is one of the most noticeable oddities within the LC. I was always embarrassed by it, because frankly, I had no idea how to explain or rationalize it to anyone outside the LC. Despite my gut feelings about it, I did take it as some sort of 'evidence' that we were special. To that extent, I agree that WL did want to impress people with the terminology. After all, he eventually went so far as to say that his so-called high peak truths needed a "new language".

Despite the existence of a 'wow' factor, I think that really only goes so far. I never felt that as time passed that I gained any better grasp on the terminology/lingo. What I found is that I eventually became indifferent towards the more bizarre aspects of the LC and tried to focus on the things that seemed positive. I think that many members tend to do the same thing.

If members aren't necessarily being continually 'wowed' by the lingo, it makes sense then to ask the question as to just why members tolerate the gibberish. I heard members complain a few times about not understanding things being spoken. Leaders didn't really seem to take this offensively, they just would use it as an opportunity to tell the person that they should attend a PSRP meeting if they wanted to fully understand it. In other words, it seemed that the underlying implication was that Lee's words needed more than just reading. They also needed memorizing, pray-reading, and reciting. I actually attended meetings where we pray-read an outline or even a ministry excerpt. In retrospect, it was nauseating.

In essence, it's all a trap. Members are held with a bone in front of them that always remains just out of reach. They think that if they just attend the FTTA for 2 years then all the pieces will come into place. If they just wait a few years, they will be able to understand what Lee was speaking about. Furthermore, I think that like I have mentioned before, the disconnect from what is being taught, is something that helps reinforce the LC hierarchy. It keeps members in their place and the blendeds in their place. Unless someone can't recite or decipher Lee's lingo, there technically is really no place for that person in the LC. But that's okay to leaders, because as long as such members believe that the bone is just within reach, they will likely stick around for awhile and fill the otherwise empty seats.
__________________
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #19
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,199
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Instead of the wow factor, I get the "whatever" factor. Whatever makes you (LSM) feel better about yourselves. Really, I see it as another facet of spiritual bullying. There's a systemic pride the brothers cannot be content with the local churches being just another Christian church. There must be a way to create separation and make distinctions in order to say "hey look at us! We have a heavenly language that makes us distinctly superior to any other Christian fellowship."

Those that see through the façade see it really as grown men playing in a sandbox. That's what all the wordsmithing amounts to.
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:46 AM   #20
Freedom
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: LC Gibberish

An attitude of indifference to some of the bizarre things is probably more common than leaders would like to think. I've seen people shake their heads or roll their eyes when someone stands up and attempts to recite a nonsensical and run-on sentence. What ultimately determines whether members stay or leave is how sold they are on the LC. They could be absolutely miserable in the LC, but if they buy into the notions that they alone are God's elect or that there is nowhere else that has anything of value, then they will be stuck.

As I see it, leaders are taking a gamble. They depend on giving members some sort of so-called 'vision' that will make them loyal to the LC. Most of the time it works. If it does, they can then collect training/conference fees and sell books. It doesn't really matter what is said in those conferences or books. As long as members are sold on the system, content is irrelevant. Like I say, it's a gamble, and sometimes they lose. Every now and then, long time members simply disappear.

As long as the losses aren't significant, they can continue to play their little game. Of course, every once in a while, mass disillusionment comes. Then leaders have to put a spin on things. They attempt to call disillusionment other things, using words like turmoil, rebellion or conspiracy.
__________________
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #21
OBW
Member
 
OBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: DFW area
Posts: 3,937
Default Re: LC Gibberish

It is definitely a "wow" factor for the members.

But if you really took the time to try to decipher those things, how could you get so giddy over them? They are essentially exercises in the absurd. And if you can just repeat them at the top of your lungs and shout rounds of "Praise the Lord!" after each, then you really aren't reading them.

And you probably won't really be reading or listening when the rest of the claptrap nonsense goes by. Instead, you will be predisposed to ignore any potential question marks and just shout more "Hallelujahs."

And someone mentioned the random scripture references that have no connection to the points being made. I like to refer it that as littering. Not because the verses are litter, but because they have been scattered about for the purpose of tricking otherwise dear Christians into being fooled by the "spirituality" of what is being said.
__________________
Mike
I once thought I was. . . . but I may have been mistaken — Edge (with apologies)
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #22
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,199
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
It is definitely a "wow" factor for the members.

But if you really took the time to try to decipher those things, how could you get so giddy over them? They are essentially exercises in the absurd. And if you can just repeat them at the top of your lungs and shout rounds of "Praise the Lord!" after each, then you really aren't reading them.

And you probably won't really be reading or listening when the rest of the claptrap nonsense goes by. Instead, you will be predisposed to ignore any potential question marks and just shout more "Hallelujahs."
Any amens or hallelujahs is a conditioned robotic response, because you've already tuned out the noise and checked out mentally. Instead pondering how will you be spending the afternoon or what the meals should be for lunch and dinner.
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #23
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,199
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
An attitude of indifference to some of the bizarre things is probably more common than leaders would like to think. I've seen people shake their heads or roll their eyes when someone stands up and attempts to recite a nonsensical and run-on sentence. What ultimately determines whether members stay or leave is how sold they are on the LC. They could be absolutely miserable in the LC, but if they buy into the notions that they alone are God's elect or that there is nowhere else that has anything of value, then they will be stuck.

As I see it, leaders are taking a gamble. They depend on giving members some sort of so-called 'vision' that will make them loyal to the LC. Most of the time it works. If it does, they can then collect training/conference fees and sell books. It doesn't really matter what is said in those conferences or books. As long as members are sold on the system, content is irrelevant. Like I say, it's a gamble, and sometimes they lose. Every now and then, long time members simply disappear.

As long as the losses aren't significant, they can continue to play their little game. Of course, every once in a while, mass disillusionment comes. Then leaders have to put a spin on things. They attempt to call disillusionment other things, using words like turmoil, rebellion or conspiracy.
What makes people stay? Considering my parents, I can only come up with the social connections and being sold out for the ground doctrine.
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #24
Unsure
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 38
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Any amens or hallelujahs is a conditioned robotic response, because you've already tuned out the noise and checked out mentally. Instead pondering how will you be spending the afternoon or what the meals should be for lunch and dinner.
Amen to that! Some more than others.
Unsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:26 PM   #25
JJ
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 620
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
It's fake.

But then again it's all fake. WL made it all up as he saw fit. It has no real meaning, and anyone attempting to decipher that kind of nonsense will drive themselves crazy.

Someone could probably write a computer program the could generate LSM outlines. Just insert words like intrinsic, economy, kernel or consummation every so often and you've got yourself an LSM outline. Oh and don't forget the random scripture references that nothing to do with the outline points.
Silly me. I was one of those who thought the lingo was real, and that it was WL's attempt to describe what is in the Bible to us. Initially I got into the quoted verses and thought I saw what WL was talking about. But, after years and years of getting into the Bible book we were "life studying" or "Chrystalization studying", reading the LSM Outline's cited verses, and separately actually reading the Bible daily and praying (which they harp on), I found the verses didn't always corroborate what was in the outline. In fact they often pointed out truth not talked about or even contradict a point occasionally. When I said so, the saints and elders would fall silent, then go back to verbatim reciting of "the points".

Very sad.
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:01 AM   #26
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 10,214
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
It's fake.

But then again it's all fake. WL made it all up as he saw fit. It has no real meaning, and anyone attempting to decipher that kind of nonsense will drive themselves crazy.

Someone could probably write a computer program the could generate LSM outlines. Just insert words like intrinsic, economy, kernel or consummation every so often and you've got yourself an LSM outline. Oh and don't forget the random scripture references that nothing to do with the outline points.
During the heyday of the new way, with our first door-knocking instruction to "turn left" to the next house, and preprogrammed introductions and responses, Titus Chu commented that LSM could have much better success by just hiring unsaved sales people to recruit door-to-door.

I think his words got back to headquarters.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:01 AM   #27
OBW
Member
 
OBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: DFW area
Posts: 3,937
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
. . . that it was WL's attempt to describe what is in the Bible to us. . . .
Actually, the Bible says it pretty well. If there is any problem with understanding he Bible, it is that on occasion there are places where having it said more clearly, not more cryptically, would be helpful.

And most of those banner-like, long phrases do not provide clarity. Instead they redefine and obfuscate.

All scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching. All Leeisms are Lee-breathed and profitable for Lee through the LSM.
__________________
Mike
I once thought I was. . . . but I may have been mistaken — Edge (with apologies)
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:36 AM   #28
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,199
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
An attitude of indifference to some of the bizarre things is probably more common than leaders would like to think. I've seen people shake their heads or roll their eyes when someone stands up and attempts to recite a nonsensical and run-on sentence. What ultimately determines whether members stay or leave is how sold they are on the LC. They could be absolutely miserable in the LC, but if they buy into the notions that they alone are God's elect or that there is nowhere else that has anything of value, then they will be stuck.
I'm sure the co-workers, elders, etc buy into the hype they're spewing, but for the majority in the local churches I believe pacify the leaders with lip-service, but not buying into the minutia the banners bring. Just biding time to get back to status quo small group meetings and other social activities that go along with it.
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:17 PM   #29
Igzy
Member
 
Igzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: LC Gibberish

All that flowery talk was the thing back in the day. "High speaking" we called it.
Yeah, we were high all right.


I remember John Ingalls appeared at a conference in Houston and gave a series of messages featuring this kind of heavy-on-the-adjectives-and-adverbs language.

I recall "The God Man Joint Enterprise for Glory and Dominion."

And "The Growing Garden of the Implanted, Sprouting and Blooming God."

There were a few others, equally verbose.

So Ingalls was in on it, too. This was his stuff, not Lee's. Of course, Lee eventually put the kabosh on all variant creativity.

I guess it was pretty harmless. It was just indicative of our appetite for that sort of goofy stuff.

Mostly I remember the coffee and pastries at the Church in Houston were the best in the Recovery.
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It's doing the right thing in the face of fear.
Igzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:11 PM   #30
JJ
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 620
Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
Actually, the Bible says it pretty well. If there is any problem with understanding he Bible, it is that on occasion there are places where having it said more clearly, not more cryptically, would be helpful.

And most of those banner-like, long phrases do not provide clarity. Instead they redefine and obfuscate.

All scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching. All Leeisms are Lee-breathed and profitable for Lee through the LSM.
Agreed. "Dispensing" is a good example (talk about an over-used WLism!). Why not use "fill" like the Bible does? Be filled in spirit, or be filled with the Spirit... straight forward. Exercise the spirit? Doesn't say that in my Bible, exercise thyself unto godliness is what it says. So, we end up with a whole new religion with part truth, part fantasy, part way of the nations (fallen human king dominating others while they exalt him and war with others).
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:15 PM   #31
OBW
Member
 
OBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: DFW area
Posts: 3,937
Default Re: LC Gibberish

This one has been dormant for almost a month but it was calling my name. (hear it calling yours?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Agreed. "Dispensing" is a good example (talk about an over-used WLism!). Why not use "fill" like the Bible does? Be filled in spirit, or be filled with the Spirit... straight forward. Exercise the spirit? Doesn't say that in my Bible, exercise thyself unto godliness is what it says. So, we end up with a whole new religion with part truth, part fantasy, part way of the nations (fallen human king dominating others while they exalt him and war with others).
You might be right. But I think that dispensing meant something other than just "fill." The impression that I got then (in less critical terms, but nonetheless what I got) was that is was like needing a week of complete multi-course meals at a high-end restaurant, but instead getting it doled out over much longer in depression era bread lines.

Dispensing was the reason that you couldn't do anything. It was never the reason you could, or even should. It was something that you always needed more of because it didn't just happen and you (erroneously under Lee's teachings) thought that you weren't supposed to try anyway. You were supposed to wait for the dispensing.

Oddly, one of Nee's books that made its way into wider Christian circles, Sit Walk Stand, quietly proposed the same error. It insisted that you needed to sit for a while until you were ready to stand.

But that is not the way Peter said it. He declared that we have what we need for life and godliness. I'm sure that Paul said it too, even if less directly. He really did do a lot of "straighten out and fly right" kind of writing. It is just that we are too prone to looking the spiritual facts that underpinned the reason we should do and ignore the do and just try to do the spiritual. Those were facts, not mountains to be climbed.
__________________
Mike
I once thought I was. . . . but I may have been mistaken — Edge (with apologies)
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:17 PM   #32
OBW
Member
 
OBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: DFW area
Posts: 3,937
Default Re: LC Gibberish

I have mentioned before that a relative of mine insisted several years ago that the way you say it is very important. Somehow the words used increase the "reality" of it and the "experience" of it.

I was unable to hide my disgust at such a ridiculous notion.
__________________
Mike
I once thought I was. . . . but I may have been mistaken — Edge (with apologies)
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:37 PM.


3.8.9