Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here?

Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here? Current and former members (and anyone in between!)... tell us what is on your mind and in your heart.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
manna-man

Arrow Living in the Past or Living for the future?

Dear Saints,

Where are you living today? In the past or for the future?

History is a wonderful thing. It is good to read,consider and even learn from. Yes, we need to gain a real good appreciation for the past because without being able to look back and see where we came from we could repeat over and over the same mistakes.

I like to look back myself and enjoy little bits of the good times and ground breaking experiences. It's fun! But to do it too often I believe is unhealthy.

I read often of ones talking about BL or this one or that one. Seriously, The Lord isn't inept! He don't always speak through the big guys! The Lord wants to share something through YOU! Yeah YOU! What about You! and Me!!!
That's just another reason why my spirit grew cold for the LC. It was always WoW did you hear what HE said? Ohhhh! look what's happening in Taipei! We need to do what they are doing! WoW! or OHHH! The Trainings! What ever happened to OHHH The Lord!!!! Or why can't the Lord do something Locally? If we live in our past NOTHING NEW will ever come.

Think about it,

Don Jr.
manna-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
kisstheson

Default Re: Living in the Past or Living for the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manna-man View Post
What ever happened to OHHH The Lord!!!! Or why can't the Lord do something Locally? If we live in our past NOTHING NEW will ever come.

Think about it,

Don Jr.
"What ever happened to OHHH The Lord!!!!" This is an excellent question, dear brother manna-man. May our focus return to Him, the loveliest and most beautiful One in the whole universe!

"Or why can't the Lord do something Locally?" Another excellent question, dear brother. He is walking in the midst of the local assemblies, tenderly caring for them and lovingly judging them. These assemblies are where He is focused, not on some big headquarters. He surely can do something locally and He is doing something locally! "Small is beautiful." That is His heart.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
OBW

I am trying to life in the present. I have been involved in these groups because the past was a drag on my Christian walk. Unfortunately that drag was a group known as the Local Church. I do not think that it has the hold on my theology that it once did, and I find myself coming here much less often because it is becoming more mental than a passion. My present is not about the LC except when I have to deal with my family. I believe that I am fully equipped for that now. So I am now turning to live today rather than dwelling on yesterday while pining for tomorrow.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
countmeworthy

I live in the Present and look ahead at the finish line. We're almost there. I can see it now.

I look back only to see how far I've come and am glad I am no longer where I used to be.

Since most of us here are connected because of our ties to the LC, for me being here is wanting to see where everyone who has left the LC is in their spiritual walk.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
manna-man

Arrow You've won that dogfight but don't leave your wingman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
I am trying to life in the present. I have been involved in these groups because the past was a drag on my Christian walk. Unfortunately that drag was a group known as the Local Church. I do not think that it has the hold on my theology that it once did, and I find myself coming here much less often because it is becoming more mental than a passion. My present is not about the LC except when I have to deal with my family. I believe that I am fully equipped for that now. So I am now turning to live today rather than dwelling on yesterday while pining for tomorrow.
Mike,'

I'm glad that you are moving beyond the turmoil and I hope you don't fade away from here all together! I'm glad you have healed and are prepared for what is to come ie,,today/Daily. But that is why you are needed on these boards even more now Mike. To share your testimony as you are going on! Many of the saints are stuck in the mud of this turmoil and your testimonies are the rope that is needed to pull them out of it!

But only if you have the Leading by the Lord to do so.

The Lord Bless you Mike,

Don Jr.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
TLFisher

Quote:
Dear Saints,

Where are you living today? In the past or for the future?

History is a wonderful thing. It is good to read,consider and even learn from. Yes, we need to gain a real good appreciation for the past because without being able to look back and see where we came from we could repeat over and over the same mistakes.
Brothers, I do not account of myself to have laid hold; but one thing I do: Forgetting the things which are behind and stretching forward to the things which are before,
I pursue toward the goal for the prize to which God in Christ Jesus has called me upward.
Philippians 3:13-14

manna-man, forgetting is hard to do, but I am stretching forward to the things before me.

Terry
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
manna-man

Amen Terry!

Keep on keeping on.

Don Jr.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
Scribe
Banned

Greetings

Of course when Paul says forgetting the things which are behind he doesn't mean the things in which the Lord appeared. We should not forget the Lord's appearings in Abel and in Enoch and in Noah and in Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and in all Israel. We in fact are to rehearse these. And we see that Paul used his past experiences in the Lord to bear witness before the king. We should have a positive history building in our walk with the Lord. Today the Holy Spirit brings to our remembrance things He spoke to us in the past. Those things include the redemption of the environment He spoke to us in. Remembrance of His faithful appearings in the past, propel us into the future boldly. With proper alignment to the past flow of the Spirit, He also annouces to us what is coming. We are those who know where we come from and where we are going and thus we are able to live in this moments faith. Precious is the history of the saints. Peace Manna-man.

Scribe
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #9
manna-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Greetings

Of course when Paul says forgetting the things which are behind he doesn't mean the things in which the Lord appeared. We should not forget the Lord's appearings in Abel and in Enoch and in Noah and in Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and in all Israel. We in fact are to rehearse these. And we see that Paul used his past experiences in the Lord to bear witness before the king. We should have a positive history building in our walk with the Lord. Today the Holy Spirit brings to our remembrance things He spoke to us in the past. Those things include the redemption of the environment He spoke to us in. Remembrance of His faithful appearings in the past, propel us into the future boldly. With proper alignment to the past flow of the Spirit, He also annouces to us what is coming. We are those who know where we come from and where we are going and thus we are able to live in this moments faith. Precious is the history of the saints. Peace Manna-man.

Scribe
Amen Brother Scribe.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #10
manna-man

Quote:
Amen Brother Scribe.
Wow! 2010

The truth is definitely a constant.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:54 AM   #11
manna-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisstheson View Post
"What ever happened to OHHH The Lord!!!!" This is an excellent question, dear brother manna-man. May our focus return to Him, the loveliest and most beautiful One in the whole universe!

"Or why can't the Lord do something Locally?" Another excellent question, dear brother. He is walking in the midst of the local assemblies, tenderly caring for them and lovingly judging them. These assemblies are where He is focused, not on some big headquarters. He surely can do something locally and He is doing something locally! "Small is beautiful." That is His heart.
Good one!
Bumping this up...