Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Calling All Saints!

Calling All Saints! This board will serve as a meeting place for ex Local Church members to reestablish contact with other former and current members. GUESTS may post here as well.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #1
Mx. Mass

Default Any ex-members in the Boston area?

Hi everyone,

I left the LC a couple of years ago after several years of heavy involvement, and I'm looking to connect with fellow ex-members here in the Northeast. I'm still deep in the process of healing and rebuilding my life, and it would be awesome to meet up with anyone who's around and willing to have a conversation about some of the crazy **** we've been through.

FYI: **I'm no longer a practicing Christian, and I have no interest in returning to Christianity, church, etc.** I'm a happy humanist these days, and I wanted to be upfront and honest about that since it could affect the dynamic of potential connections in a big way!

Like many of you, I've found it difficult to verbalize my experiences and relate to those who have left more mainstream parts of Christianity. All this being said, I'd love to hear from you if you're in the area.

Wishing all of you the best!
Old 07-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #2
MarsVolta

Default Re: Any ex-members in the Boston area?

I have family and childhood friends (last 5-10 years) that has spent time recruiting in Boston. I myself was a Church Kid from Providence in the 90's and also spent time in Newton Mass. I am not involved anymore but close family still is.
MarsVolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:02 PM   #3
Truthseeker

I've heard Boston has also full time training center, right?
Truthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:01 PM   #4
awareness

SE here. And wishing you well while healing from the local church sickness. And I don't blame you for letting go of everything.

You know what they say : "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were."

I think that might be the same for religious stuff.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:04 AM   #5
Unregistered

Yes, and I’d love to meet up! Sent a request to register for the forum so you can hopefully contact me that way.