Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > The Local Church in the 21st Century

The Local Church in the 21st Century Observations and Discussions regarding the Local Church Movement in the Here and Now

Old 01-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
Koinonia

Default GTCA -- "Cities Selected for 2017"

Quote:
Twenty cities will be targeted for ongoing care and labor in 2017. These cities have been selected based on local burdens and their proximity to nearby churches. If you want to labor on any of these cities, please contact the churches near the city you are burdened for to enter into a coordinated labor. Contact information can be found on each city page or you can download this list of coordinating brothers for each city.
Cities Selected for 2017

Canada
Abbotsford, BC
Laval, QC
Lethbridge, AB
Ottawa, ONT

Northwest
Medford, OR
Yakima, WA

Mountain States
Flagstaff, AZ
Missoula, MT

Northern California
Chico, CA
Folsom, CA
Morgan Hill, CA

South Central
Brownsville, TX
Lincoln, NE

Midwest
Bloomington, IN
Kalamazoo, MI
Peoria, IL
South Bend, IN

Southeast
Charleston, SC
Clemson, SC
Valdosta, GA
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:50 PM   #2
Freedom

Default Re: GTCA -- "Cities Selected for 2017"

Quote:
Twenty cities will be targeted for ongoing care and labor in 2017. These cities have been selected based on local burdens and their proximity to nearby churches. If you want to labor on any of these cities, please contact the churches near the city you are burdened for to enter into a coordinated labor. Contact information can be found on each city page or you can download this list of coordinating brothers for each city.
It seems what they like to do is to have LC members in neighboring cities go hold a meeting in a new city, then declare that they've "taken the ground" there. The LC members who happen to be living in that city continue on meeting with the neighboring LC that's closest to them. I know that I've seen certain LC's go on for many years as a 'satellite' of a larger LC and existing as such because there is simply not enough membership for them to meet regularly as their own church.

It's kind of sad that LCers are interested in going around and starting up new churches without any thought as to what they're really doing. How long has GTCA been around now? What exactly has it accomplished?
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:19 PM   #3
Intothewind

Interesting. I recall being at a breaking of the bread in folsom when I was a little peanut. Guess it sputtered.
Intothewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #4
Indiana

Default Re: Bloomington selected 1973-- Cities Selected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intothewind View Post
Interesting. I recall being at a breaking of the bread in folsom when I was a little peanut. Guess it sputtered.
I was in Indiana (where my forum name comes from) and we drove from Indianapolis to Bloomington in the fall of '73 and a few saints moved there. Indianapolis consolidated to Chicago after only a long year and a half in Indy 1972-1974.

A MINISTRY STATION was waiting for us in Chicago. St Louis and Milwaukee and Minneapolis also moved to Chicago

Bloomington moved to Chicago too a little later, after their short stay in the college town of Bloomington, IN. A brother, Roger, was a student gained in Bloomington, then consolidated to Chicago 6 months or so later, then many, many years later, moved back to Indiana for the church life in Indy.
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #5
TLFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
[URL="http://www.gtca.us/2017/"]

Mountain States
Flagstaff, AZ
I thought there already was a "The Church in Flagstaff"?