Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > The Local Church in the 21st Century

The Local Church in the 21st Century Observations and Discussions regarding the Local Church Movement in the Here and Now

Old 07-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Regarding "Beseeching.Org

1. To administrate the world situation from the throne for the move of the great wheel of His economy, to bless the nations of United States and Canada for the sake of His purpose, and to preserve the people and the land for His own will (Psa. 33:12; Ezek. 1:15; Matt. 24:14).

The great wheel of His economy”? Say WHAT? I have a feeling that this “great wheel of his economy” is about as biblical as the dharma wheel. Seriously, these guys are getting more out of touch with reality every day. I hope they have spent these three days praying about something more relevant and biblical then this.

2. To give godly fear and wisdom to those in high positions of government so that the saints can lead a life in relative peace and tranquility in order to carry out God's desire to save men and to release the truth (Ezra 6:10; Jer. 29:7; 1 Tim. 2:2).

This was real good up until the “release the truth” part. Oh well, can’t have it all I guess.

3. To pour out a spirit of prayer and supplication on the churches in the recovery so they will intercede on behalf of all men according to the desire of the Savior God (1 Tim. 2:1, 3-4).

According to what Andrew Yu told Hank Hanegraaff ALL Christians and churches that contribute “something positive to the Body of Christ” are in the recovery, and if they still mean this then…you go brothers you go!

4. To perfect an unprecedented one accord and harmony in coordination, the master key of divine blessings, among the local churches and in the Lord's work (John 17:11, 21, 23).

The master key of divine blessings”? I’m afraid to ask….. Ya know they shouldn’t have to pray anymore about “an unprecedented one accord and harmony”….after all they’ve ex-communicated, disfellowshipped and quarantined just about everyone who wasn’t going along with the program…so what’s the point?

5. To kindle and maintain the spirit of gospel-preaching in all the saints so they can be witnesses of Christ to proclaim the complete and high gospel of God to the unbelievers (Acts 1:8; Eph. 6:15, 19-20; Phil. 1:27).

So there’s a gospel that is not complete and not so high? Never mind…sorry I asked.

6. To open a door for the Word of God, especially the interpreted word, the deeper truths, and the ministry of the age in the hearts of numerous seeking believers and Christian groups (Col. 4:3; 2 Thes. 3:1; Acts 17:11).

Should have stopped with the Word of God – quit while you’re ahead I’ve always heard. Really, do you thing that “seeking believers and Christian groups” are not going to see right through the thinly veiled disguise of “the interpreted word”? Do you think they won’t be asking the all-important “WHOSE INTERPRETATION?” and “WHAT DEEPER TRUTHS?” and “WHAT MINISTRY OF THE AGE?” Tsk, Tsk, Tsk my brothers! Back in the day we weren’t so coy about promoting Witness Lee. You guys have become wimps. Shame on you.

7. To recover and sustain a common practice of migration in the churches and in the saints, that they would live a life of the altar and the tent and move to spread the Lord's testimony to many places (Acts 8;4; 11;19; Heb. 11:13).
8. To plant golden church-tree lampstands, through the migrating saints in many new cities and towns in every state and province (Acts 9:31; Gal.1:2; Rev. 1:11)

Migration is good - Lessen you gots yourself a homestead (that you can’t sell very quick these days) and a few kids in a decent grade school with good teachers and established friends. How many of the Blended Brothers fit this description? (sound of crickets…) Suddenly the “tent and move” gig don’t sound so great does it? Besides, what are you supposed to do when the new “common practice” turns back to the ole Local Church “two-four-six-eight let’s all consolidate” flow? This is to say nothing of the fact that many Local Churches in America are suffering dwindling numbers. Migration only makes sense when a movement is thriving, not when it’s on life-support.

9. To silence and turn the opposers and critics of the recovery and the ministry by opening and enlightening their inner eyes and by granting them a just heart and fair discernment of the facts and the truth (1 Tim. 1:16; 2 Tim. 2:25; 3:9).

You got it backwards guys (as usual) My inner eyes got enlightened, my heart found justice and then came fair discernment of the facts and the truth – THAT’S when I became an “opposer” (in your eyes) and a critic of the Local Church of Witness Lee. Tell ya what, why don't you stop praying about silencing the opposers and critics and come here and talk it out?

10. To increase the number of typical Americans in the churches--to make the membership in the recovery more proportionate to the ethnic demographics of the general population--while still gaining people of every tribe, tongue, and nation for the one new man (Col. 3:10-11; Rev. 5:9).

I’m speechless. Do you know what it takes to make me speechless? (don’t answer that). Do you guys have a Bible? Point me to where the verse that shows the local church should reflect the “typical” anything? Since WHEN did you guys care about this kind of thing anyway? The next time the Local Church makes themselves relevant to the community around them will be the first time. First time for everything I guess.

11. To gain an unprecedented number of college and high school students through a prevailing labor on the campuses with students spear-heading and full-timers and families supporting the work (Psa. 110:3; Matt. 4:19-20; 1 Tim. 4:12).
12. To thrust out continuous contingents of workers, full-time serving ones of all ages, into the Lord's harvest to gather fruit and bring in the sheaves here and worldwide (Psa. 126:6; Luke 10:2; John 4:38).

continuous contingents”…say that 3 times real fast.

13. To raise up the next generation of serving saints, the young adults, by increasing their enrollment in the full-time training and by perfecting them to be normal, vital, and overcoming ones to be as pillars in the churches (Rom. 12:11; Eph. 4:12; Rev. 3:12).

full-time training” -- “normal” Yikes! This really puts the moron in oxymoron! Really guys, have you seen any of the material and video’s of this little faux seminary? And they are pretending that this is some kind of comprehensive Christian education? “Vital and overcoming” would be about the last words that came to mind when the vast majority of Christian leaders saw what is happening to these precious young lives at the FTT.

14. To work out the New Testament priesthood of the gospel and the practice of the God-ordained way of every member begetting, nourishing, perfecting, and prophesying for the building up of the Body (John 15:16; 21:15; Rom. 15:16).

This looks like something straight out of the pages of some Witness Lee outline. Lot’s of god-talk here, not much substance.

15. To empower the saints to stand against the schemes of Satan, the stratagems of the devil, and the work of the enemy, and to defeat the rulers of darkness and forces of evil in the heavenlies that opposes God's move on the earth (2 Cor. 2:11; Eph. 6:10-12)

Again, no problems till the “God’s move on the earth” part. You see, no real move of God on earth has to worry much about the schemes of Satan, the stratagems of the devil or the work of the enemy because the saint who are really familiar with the Word of God can see and discern them without much trouble. The way to get empowered to stand against these things is the know the Word of God and not the teachings of a man.
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
OBW

Default Re: UntoHims's off-the-cuff reactions to beseeching.org

Items 5 and 6 stand out immediately to me.

First #5. The very claim that LC theology is a "complete and high gospel" is simply ridiculous. Lee and the LC are the ones that gutted the gospel of its practical sanctification and turned it into a gospel of "inner life," meaning inner feelings. Do the "spiritual" things prescribed by Nee/Lee/BBs and you will experience a wonderful church life. That will one day overflow into your practical life. Don't worry about it now.

Too bad that Matthew recorded the so-called "Great Commission" to be about making disciplined followers who would be taken through a ritual of baptism and taught to obey. Actually not much there about "experiencing Christ" or anything about a "wonderful church life." I do not deny that we do experience Christ, but it is not listed anywhere I find as being the primary endeavor of a Christian.

Then #6. I would be among the first to suggest that "every word that proceeds from the mouth of God" might reasonably be considered more than those words that have been captured as scripture. But any such additional words that would proceed from His mouth would be consistent with the ones that He has spoken and caused to be written down and accepted as scripture. In other words, there is room for interpretation but that room is not outside the bounds of what the scripture actually says.

So when the LC says "especially the interpreted word, the deeper truths, and the ministry of the age" they are clearly suggesting that there is something not in scripture that you need their "another testament" to see and understand. Clearly there are things in the NT that stand in opposition to certain portions of the OT. The agreement was changed. But God has not provided a third agreement, so any interpretation must stand square-on with the existing scripture of the NT and OT (as modified by the NT). When you are encouraged to read the "interpreted word" more than the scripture, there is much concern that what you are led to understand may not be "interpreted word" but instead alternate word. My analysis of too many of the things I was taught is that it was often alternate to, and not consisitent with, the scripture.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
TLFisher

Default Re: UntoHim's off-the-cuff reactions to beseeching.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post

9. To silence and turn the opposers and critics of the recovery and the ministry by opening and enlightening their inner eyes and by granting them a just heart and fair discernment of the facts and the truth (1 Tim. 1:16; 2 Tim. 2:25; 3:9).
Presently, I do not have the time to fully contribute on this point. Right now I wish to raise these questions.
What is the context of an opposer? Is it someone who opposes the recovery comprehensively? Or is it someone who doesn't oppose the recovery, but opposes specific decision making of the leadership?
What is the context of the critics?
My perception of this board, localchurchdiscussions.com doesn't exist if the recovery wasn't valued or appreciated. It doesn't exist if there was a forum for geniune discussion. Fellowship is not flowing one direction. Fellowship is mutual.
Many here may not oppose the recovery comprehensively, but do object to specific decisions and specific speaking made by ministry leaders. Does it make saints who no longer meet in the local churches opposers to the recovery? Not by my definition. Perhaps our brothers that lead LSM and DCP view any objections to decisions or speaking made by the blended brothers as opposers of the recovery?
This is it until later....

Terry
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
UntoHim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
My perception of this board, localchurchdiscussions.com doesn't exist if the recovery wasn't valued or appreciated.
I can say amen to this, kind of.
Actually I have about zero appreciation for the religion of the Local Church at this point. The dear members are ALL greatly valued and appreciated, as are all the members of the genuine Body of Christ which is his church. Your point is well taken Terry.

Quote:
It doesn't exist if there was a forum for geniune discussion. Fellowship is not flowing one direction. Fellowship is mutual.

This IS a forum for genuine discussion!
I think...I hope....
Old 07-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
TLFisher

Quote:

This IS a forum for genuine discussion!
Whether I see eye to eye with my fellow brethren on this board or not, the discussions are genuine.

Terry
Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
TLFisher

Quote:

It is apparent that any brother or sister who raises an objection is termed either an opposer or a critic. So these dear saints should be silenced with prayer and prayer by itself is inadequate. There needs to be love and compassion.
Enough of speaking where a brother by name is called "a man of death". Prayer won't silence critics when this type of speaking is happening. This manner of speaking expresses spite and malice and is a far cry from love and compassion.

I offer the final portion of the article Ichabod as found at:

http://truedsicernment.com/2007/11/21/ichabod/

"The Bible paints a grim scenario with regard to what happens when the Spirit of God departs, doesn’t it? Well, I have some good news. There is a solution.

I believe that such a scenario could be turned around. God wants His servants to finish the race. He does not take joy in seeing them defeated.Do you recall the words of Jesus when He spoke to the church at Ephesus as recorded in Revelation 2? [3] While the members of the church were noted for saying what was right, in their zeal to be right, they were wrong. In fact it almost seems as if the Spirit of God had departed from their midst

This can be deduced by reading what Jesus said. He was warning that He would depart from their midst. Jesus said that the church at Ephesus had “left their first love” and that they needed to “repent” and “return to the place” where they had once been. That means they had departed and did not know it.

Jesus said He would remove the “candlestick” if they did not repent. Clearly Scripture interprets this to mean that Jesus would remove His presence from the church of Ephesus. Did that mean He was about to write “Ichabod” above the door of the church?

The Spirit of God points us to the Word. The Word, Jesus said, is the truth. What we do with the truth is entirely up to us. We can choose to obey or to disobey.

I would pray that every Christian would sincerely ask God for His perspective of where we are and what we are doing. Don’t rely upon the praises of man or the fear of man as a spiritual barometer.

When we stand before the throne all the things we did in the flesh will burn like wood and hay. Only those things that were done when we were led by the Spirit will count.

It is all about getting the right perspective, now.

Before it is too late."

Terry
Old 07-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
Hope

As I reviewed the 16 point directive for prayer among the so called local churches and coming from the LSM, I did not know whether to cry or laugh. Totally unrecognizable!!! It looks like a legislative agenda or political party platform. Whatever happened to “Our Father …” Or “cast all your care on Him because He cares for you.” Or “In Everything by prayer and supplication let your request be know …” Or “ With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,”

Where in the New Testament did apostles or elders or any believers put out a 16 point business plan for the new calendar year and ask it be blessed by prayer?

My guess is that during the three special days of prayer there was a lot of discussion as to who would head up which of the 16 points of the new action plan.

Those dear ones do not seem to have a clue as to what is prayer in God’s Administration.

Here in Durham, we are laboring with a group of poor refugees from Nepal and Bhutan. They came as Hindus and we are gradually seeing some of them turning from idols to the living God and Savior Jesus Christ. Among those who have received the Lord we are seeking to help them to go on to know and follow the Lord day by day. Prayer is a key component in our relationship with the Lord and our growth in Christ. Looking at the “beseeching.org” prayer list is worthless for shepherding a new believer in Christ. It seems to me to be more of a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 1 Cor 13:1, If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. NASB

Lord have mercy on us all!

Hope
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
Paul Cox

Always a gimmick;always a slogan; always a catch-phrase; always a stirring of the waters, and always in the most grandiose of terms. Whatever it takes to keep the servants on the plantation. Yadda, yadda, yadda...

Roger
Paul Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #9
Indiana

Default Re: Prayer for the Original Sixteen Points

Sixteen Points for Prayer?

www.lordsrecovery.us/SixteenPointsAugust1988.pdf

Brothers and sisters in the Local Churches, It is best by far to pray for the original Sixteen Points of fellowship, neglected totally to this day by the “leadership” and the Local Churches.

May we wake up! and make straight the way of the Lord.

www.makingstraightthewayofthelord.com
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:34 AM   #10
countmeworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Here in Durham, we are laboring with a group of poor refugees from Nepal and Bhutan. They came as Hindus and we are gradually seeing some of them turning from idols to the living God and Savior Jesus Christ. Among those who have received the Lord we are seeking to help them to go on to know and follow the Lord day by day. Prayer is a key component in our relationship with the Lord and our growth in Christ. Looking at the “beseeching.org” prayer list is worthless for shepherding a new believer in Christ. It seems to me to be more of a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 1 Cor 13:1, If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. NASB
May the Holy Spirit continue to guide you and your fellow laborers, HOPE, in giving you words of Wisdom and deeds of kindness under His Anointing to bring them to the Saving POWER and DELIVERANCE through our Lord JESUS, the HOPE of GLORY! Nothing is too difficult for OUR GOD! He drew us to Himself, didn't He? He set us free from our religious bondage, didn't He? Praise, and Glory to our Saviour and KING--Jesus.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:46 AM   #11
Indiana

Dear brother Don,

I simply Amen CMW.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
May the Holy Spirit continue to guide you and your fellow laborers, HOPE, in giving you words of Wisdom and deeds of kindness under His Anointing to bring them to the Saving POWER and DELIVERANCE through our Lord JESUS, the HOPE of GLORY! Nothing is too difficult for OUR GOD! He drew us to Himself, didn't He? He set us free from our religious bondage, didn't He? Praise, and Glory to our Saviour and KING--Jesus.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #12
kisstheson

Amen, dear sister countmeworthy and dear brother Indiana. The report from Durham is really precious.

I appreciate that you prayed for both “words of Wisdom and deeds of kindness under His Anointing”, dear sister cmw. Having attended the Memorial Day Conference in Raleigh/Durham, I heard just a little bit more about how our Lord is moving in His Body in this situation. So many dear saints are functioning in their speaking, greeting, cooking, translation, practical help, acts of kindness, etc. Some of the dear laboring ones are "other" Christians who do not even attend the meetings of the assembly there in Durham. How precious is that! Not many flowery words, not a big show, just a real coordination of love amongst the members of the Body.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #13
Hope

Default Re: The Role of Prayer in God's Administration

Since the prayer list of the LSM has been referenced, currently I have been considering this matter of prayer in a little more intense way. The following is an article which I wrote over five years ago. I felt the Lord would have me insert it here for our discussion. Perhaps a good followup would be the very matter of "God's Administration." I have desired for some time to address this subject.

Hope, Don Rutledge

THE VITAL ROLE OF THE BELIEVER’S PRAYER IN GOD’S ADMINISTRATION

Eph 3:8-9: “To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ, and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God, who created all things.”
Our wonderful Savior God has a plan and an administration of His plan. The creation, the incarnation, the life of Jesus, the redemption at the cross, the resurrection, the ascension, the Age of Grace, the building of the church and preparation of the Bride of Christ, the return of Christ, the establishment of the Millennium Kingdom and Eternity with the believers participating in the New Jerusalem are all incredible aspects of our God’s plan. In Ephesians three, Paul declares how he was doubly blessed. He was given the grace to proclaim the unfathomable riches of Christ and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery. God has an administration. God has a way in which He has chosen to work out His plan. Men may think God should work another way or that it does not matter how we carry out the purpose of God. But God has His administration and it is vital that it be brought to light.

Regarding God’s way, His Administration, we could consider the function of the Word of God, or the believer’s role in the spread and propagation of the gospel, or the function of the members of the Body of Christ, or how the Church functions as the Lord’s Lampstand in this dark age, or many other critical aspects of God’s administration. This article will focus on “the prayer of God’s people” in relationship to God’s Administration. Prayer is critical for our inner life and should be a part of our devotional life, but in this article we will focus on our prayer as it relates to God’s administration. May the Lord inspire us all to pick up the commission to participate in God’s administration through prayer.

In this article, we will see how prayer brings what has been accomplished in the heavens to the earth. When we touch God’s administration, we realize man’s opinion is of no consequence. (For example), We believe that there is only one mediator between God and Man (1 Ti 2:5). Some may say that men should come to God but that there are many ways to God. To that person, this idea may seem fair and reasonable. But God has chosen to reconcile man to Himself through Christ and through Christ alone. In the same way, some may say that the almighty sovereign God can do whatever He wishes (and this is true), but God has chosen to act through the prayers of His saints.

The Scene in the Heavens

Rev 5:1-10, “And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, ‘Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?’ And no one in heaven, or on the earth, or under the earth, was able to open the book, or to look into it.”
“And I began to weep greatly, because no one was found worthy to open the book, or to look into it; and one of the elders said to me, ‘Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals.’ And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth. And He came, and He took it out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne. And when He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, having each one a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.”
“And they sang a new song, saying, ‘Worthy art Thou to take the book, and to break its seals; for Thou wast slain, and didst purchase for God with Thy blood from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. And Thou hast made them a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.’”
Rev 8:1-7, “And when He broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. And I saw the seven angels who stand before God; and seven trumpets were given to them. And another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a golden censer; and much incense was given to him, that he might add it to the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, went up before God out of the angel's hand.”
“And the angel took the censer; and he filled it with the fire of the altar and threw it to the earth; and there followed peals of thunder and sounds and flashes of lightning and an earthquake. And the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound them. And the first sounded…”

In the Revelation given to John, beginning in Chapter four, we see the scene in the heavens after the Lord Jesus’ ascension. The verb tense of slain in 5:6 indicates a recent event. The Lamb had been freshly slain. The book with the seven seals contains God’s administration of the coming age. In the hands of the twenty-four elders were golden bowls full of the prayers of the saints. From this scene we can begin to realize the vital role of prayer in God’s administration.

Immediately after the Lord’s ascension, in Acts chapter one, we see the followers of the Lord gathered together for ten days devoting themselves to prayer. Acts 1:14, “These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.” No doubt the prayer vigil in the upper room was connected to the golden bowls in the heavens. Surely these prayers were a vital constituent of the prayers in the golden bowls in the hands of the twenty-four elders.

Beginning with chapter eight the role of prayer seems to be intensified. The seven angels with the seven trumpets are preparing to sound. These trumpets will usher in the final days of this age. They do not sound the trumpets until the golden censer full of the prayers of the saints is cast to the earth. The scene is clear. The trumpeters are waiting for the prayers of God’s people.

The Example of Daniel

Dan 9:1-3, “In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of Median descent, who was made king over the kingdom of the Chaldeans--in the first year of his reign I, Daniel, observed in the books the number of the years which was revealed as the word of the LORD to Jeremiah the prophet for the completion of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years. So I gave my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes…”
When Daniel understood that the time for the restoration of the nation of Israel and the recovery of the Temple in Jerusalem was near, he did not hold a conference on prophesy but rather took an active role to bring God’s will and plan to earth. Dan 9:20-23, “Now while I was speaking and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God in behalf of the holy mountain of my God, while I was still speaking in prayer, then the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision previously, came to me in my extreme weariness about the time of the evening offering. And he gave instruction and talked with me, and said, ‘O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding. At the beginning of your supplications the command was issued, and I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed; so give heed to the message and gain understanding of the vision.’” When Daniel began to pray, the things accomplished in the heavens began to be released on the earth.

Furthermore, we can see the tremendous effect of Daniel’s praying in chapter 10. Not only do we see prayer on earth releasing heavenly plans but we are given insight into the spiritual battle that is raging regarding the prayer of the saints. Dan 10:2, 11-13, “In those days I, Daniel, had been mourning for three entire weeks... And he said to me, ‘O Daniel, man of high esteem, understand the words that I am about to tell you and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.’ And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling. Then he said to me, ‘Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia.’”

In Daniel, we see prayer which changes the circumstances on the earth for God’s will and purpose. In the New Testament, those who believe in and follow the Lord Jesus have the same portion and privilege. In His first instruction on prayer, the Lord declares, (Matt. 6:9-10), "Pray, then, in this way: 'Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.’” All believers can play a vital role, through their prayer, in bringing what is in heaven to the earth. In heaven, the Father’s name is hallowed. But today on the earth, at your work place, in your neighborhood, among your acquaintances and relatives, the Father’s name may not be hallowed. Through your prayer, you can bring the hallowing of the Father’s name to your circle here on earth.

Today we may not see the Father’s Kingdom and His Rule in our particular sphere on earth. But the Lord’s intention is to see the Father’s Kingdom and rule exercised in our circle as well as in heaven. Today in our daily situations, we may not see the Father’s will done. If not, it is not because of a problem in heaven. Why then? The Father’s will is not done because there is a shortage of the administrative prayer of the Lord’s people. May we all enter into a prayer life that will bring the hallowing of the Father’s name, the exercise of His Kingdom and the doing of His will in our circle, in our sphere of influence here on earth.

Furthermore, in Matthew chapter eighteen, we see the administrative prayer of the believers. The verb tense in Matthew 18:18-20 is difficult to translate smoothly into English. According to Young’s Literal Translation, Matthew 18:18-20 should be translated “Truly I say to you, whatever you shall bind on earth shall be having been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be having been loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, there I am in their midst.” This literal translation helps us understand the Lord’s charge to the believers. We are charged to participate in God’s administration through our prayer. God’s work, blessings and many wonderful activities have already been bound or loosed in the heavens. God’s people can bind and loose because the subject of their prayer has been already bound and loosed. We bind (present tense) on earth. But the matter is (past tense) in the heavens. It is “having been bound.”

In the above passage, we see the Lord in the midst of the two or three who are binding and loosing. The Lord has finished the work of redemption. But today, the Lord is still working. He is in the heavens interceding. He is in our midst interceding. He is in our spirit interceding. He is calling us to join Him in His work of intercession. Rom. 8:34, “Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.” Heb. 7:24-25, “For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.” Heb 9:24 “For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us.” I John 2:1 “My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.”

Participation in the Lord’s Accomplished Work

All believers have been blessed with countless blessings in the heavenly places. Eph 1:3-6 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ.” But how do we participate in what the Lord has accomplished for His believers? How are the heavenly blessings realized in our daily lives? Oh dear ones, May we lay hold of the practice of administrative prayer. Consider Mark 11-24-26, “Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they shall be granted you.” We have indeed received all matters concerning God’s will and purpose. In the heavens, they have been granted. Through prayer we receive them here on earth.

Our View of the Current Environment from The Divine Perspective
It is so common for the believers to look at their environment and only see the corruption of fallen of mankind. They consider the independence and perhaps rebellion of their children. They consider the hardness of men’s heart toward the Love of God and the Grace of Christ. Often it seems that in society, right has become wrong and wrong has become right. Sadly, this view can effect and direct our prayers. At times, parents pray for their children in a way of cursing them. In the scriptures, cursing someone is the act of listing their faults and failures and projecting the continuation and acceleration of the problems. Blessing, on the other hand, in the scriptures, is to recount what God has done and is doing in the lives of people. When Paul opens his first letter to the church in Corinth, he declares, “I thank my God always concerning you, for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus, that in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge, even as the testimony concerning Christ was confirmed in you, so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who shall also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Cor 1:4-9)

Though Paul admonishes and reprimands the Corinthian believers throughout his letter, when he remembers them in prayer, he prays according to what God has done for them and will do in them. He prays according to the heavenly perspective.

In all of the letters of Paul, whenever he remembers the saints in prayer, his prayer is full of thanksgiving and praise for what God has done in them, is doing in them and will do in them. Consider the opening words in the letter to the saints and faithful brethren in Colossae, “We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love which you have for all the saints; because of the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel, which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as in you also since the day you heard and understood the grace of God in truth; just as you learned it from Epaphras, our beloved fellow bond-servant, who is a faithful servant of Christ on our behalf, and he also informed us of your love in the Spirit. For this reason also, since the day we heard of it we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. For He delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” (Col 1:3-14)

The Word of God For Our Administrative Prayer

If we are to pray administratively bringing God’s Will and Plan to the earth, it is essential that we pray according to the divine perspective. Thank God that we have His word in the scriptures. Eph 6:17-22, “And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God by means of all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.”

Give yourself to the Lord as one who will join in His work of intercession. If you do, as you read the scriptures, verses and phrases will leap off the page and into your prayer life. In recent times, as I was remembering and praying for two brothers in the Lord, I was given a phrase in Romans chapter 15, verse eight. “For I say that Christ has become a servant to the circumcision on behalf of the truth of God to confirm the promises to the fathers.” I began to pray for the brothers that their function as servants on behalf of the truth of God would be realized. I am seeing doors opened and I personally am very encouraged to be participating through prayer in God’s work with them.

As I was praying for a dear couple who are believers, I was impressed to pray according to Acts16:31-33, “And they said, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved, you and your household.’ And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. And he took them that hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.” Thus, I began to pray daily for the household, I saw the adult children begin to seek the Lord. The grandfather was recently saved. What a joy I have known by joining in with the Lord’s intercession for this family.

Another sister shared with me regarding praying for her sons who had drifted away from the Lord. Her husband and she had been following the Lord serving Him and others for many years. The Lord had given her these verses in Exodus among many others. Exod 40:13-15, "And you shall put the holy garments on Aaron and anoint him and consecrate him, that he may minister as a priest to Me. And you shall bring his sons and put tunics on them; and you shall anoint them even as you have anointed their father, that they may minister as priests to Me; and their anointing shall qualify them for a perpetual priesthood throughout their generations." Rather than bemoaning before the Lord in disappointment, she has been emboldened in her prayers. One son has returned to the Lord and is faithfully pursuing Christ and the building up of the Lord’s people. The other is in the process.
Regarding another situation in which a backsliding believer has endured much suffering the following word was given to an interceding saint. 1 Pet 4:1b-2, … “because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.” To another intercessor, regarding a fine young believing couple, prayer was given regarding a greater seeking of the Lord and His work, Jer 29:13, “And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” The Lord delights to answer such solid prayers based on His Will and Plan.

At other times, the Lord will enlighten you from the Word as to how to fight the spiritual battle in prayer for His people. Another brother is praying for another person according to 2 Cor 10:3-5, “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.” He is praying against the lofty academic speculations that have frustrated this dear one. He is praying that they be exposed and cast down.

Paul sought the administrative prayers of the believers. He asked both the Ephesians and the saints at Colossae to pray for him that God’s work through him might be accomplished.

Pray Administratively Regarding Our Personal Lives

Each of us as individual believers, as believing couples, and as those who the Lord would practically build up together, can and should have much administrative prayer for our personal situations. Consider the following portion, 1 Pet 5:7, “casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you.” The last part of the verse can be translated “because it matters to Him concerning you.” All that effects our lives matters to the Lord. Again we read, Phil 4:6-7, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Learn to pray very specifically regarding your affairs and those whom the Lord brings to your remembrance.
If someone comes to your mind, pray and intercede. You may have just seen them in the morning or the previous Lord’s day. When they come to your remembrance, intercede. The Lord will also bring other affairs and men to your mind. Recently a man in the Lord whom I had not seen for 30 years came to my mind. I thought it strange and went on my way. A week later another brother shared that this man had just contacted him and was very excited about the Lord’s recent work in his life. I missed the desire of the Lord for me to join in interceding for this dear one.

I have learned more about the Lord, about following Him and how to experiencing His life through specific prayer than perhaps any other spiritual exercise or pursuit. If we pray in a very general way, it is difficult to discern if our prayer was according to the will of God or was even answered. But when we pray very specifically, we will know the answer. If the Lord answers according to our prayer, then we prayed in oneness with the Lord and are greatly helped in knowing the mind of the Lord. I Jn 5:14-15, “And this is the confidence which we have before Him that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.”

If our prayer is not answered, then it is due to just a few reasons. If our prayers are not being effectual, then we must go to the Lord to learn what the problem is. We may learn that we prayed amiss and are thus helped to know what is our own will or desire and what comes from His heavenly intercession. James 4:3, “You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.”
The Lord may show us that there is a frustration preventing the answer of the prayer. The prayer may be of the Lord, but there may be sin in our lives which negates the prayer. The sin may be an unconfessed sin or sinful living or an offence against another believer. Ps 66:18-20, “If I regard wickedness in my heart, the Lord will not hear; but certainly God has heard; He has given heed to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer, nor His lovingkindness from me.” Micah 3:4, “Then they will cry out to the LORD, but He will not answer them. Instead, He will hide His face from them at that time, because they have practiced evil deeds.” Isa 1:15-16, “So when you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide My eyes from you, yes, even though you multiply prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are covered with blood. Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from My sight. Cease to do evil.” Matt 5:23-24, “If therefore you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering there before the altar, and go your way; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.” If we desire to join with the Lord in His administrative intercession, we will be greatly helped to deal with the sin in our lives.

Besides sin and offenses against others, the enemy of God can frustrate prayer. Earlier we read how the answer to Daniel’s prayer was delayed due to the fighting of the evil spiritual forces. In Eph 6:12 we read “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.” Again in Matt 12:29 the Lord declares, “Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.” Furthermore we read in Isa 49:24-25 "Can the prey be taken from the mighty man, or the captives of a tyrant be rescued? Surely, thus says the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty man will be taken away, and the prey of the tyrant will be rescued; for I will contend with the one who contends with you, and I will save your sons.” If our prayers are not answered due to the resistance of the devil, then we can learn how to engage the enemy of God and his evil forces for the purpose of God’s plan.
Finally, the Lord may require of us to continue to pray. At times He answers swiftly. While at other times we are called to persevere. Continuing in prayer is a great benefit to our own faith and spiritual strength and consistency. Luke 18:1-8, “Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart, saying, ‘There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God, and did not respect man. And there was a widow in that city, and she kept coming to him, saying, 'Give me legal protection from my opponent.' And for a while he was unwilling; but afterward he said to himself, 'Even though I do not fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow bothers me, I will give her legal protection, lest by continually coming she wear me out.' And the Lord said, ‘Hear what the unrighteous judge said; now shall not God bring about justice for His elect, who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? I tell you that He will bring about justice for them speedily. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?’” If we are the believers who have learned how to persevere in prayer, we will be those who have built a great reservoir of faith which the Lord will find at His return.

Consider the following verses: Col 4:2, “Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with thanksgiving.”, Col 4:12, “Epaphras, who is one of your number, a bondslave of Jesus Christ, sends you his greetings, always laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God.”, 1Thes 5:17, “pray without ceasing;

All Believers are Charged to Ask in Prayer

Matt. 7:7, "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

Matt. 21:22, “And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

Mark 11:24, "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”

John 14:13, "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”

John 14:14, "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.”

John 15:7, "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.”

John 15:16 "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

John 16:23 "And in that day you will ask Me no questions. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.

John 16:24 "Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

I John 5:14 ¶ Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

Helps For Prayer

Finally please consider the following as some practical helps to assist you in joining in administrative prayer regarding God’s work and will. We have referred to some of these items in more detail but this short list can help the believer focus and strengthen his prayer.

Use the Word - Eph 6:17-18, “And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God by means of all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints.”

Use the Early Morning - Ps 5:3, “In the morning, O LORD, Thou wilt hear my voice; in the morning I will order my prayer to Thee and eagerly watch.”

Have other Set Times - Dan 6:10, “Now when Daniel knew that the document was signed, he entered his house (now in his roof chamber he had windows open toward Jerusalem); and he continued kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks before his God, as he had been doing previously.”

Secret Place for Prayer - Matt 6:6, "But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will repay you.”

Slip Away during the Day - Luke 5:16, “But He Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray.”

Pray by Two or Three – Matt. 18:19, "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.”

Gather Together for Prayer - Acts 12:12, “And when he realized this, he went to the house of Mary, the mother of John who was also called Mark, where many were gathered together and were praying.”

Do Not Lose Heart - Luke 18:1-8, “Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart, … now shall not God bring about justice for His elect, who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? "I tell you that He will bring about justice for them speedily. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

Wherever and Whenever - 1 Tim 2:8, “Therefore I want the men in every place to pray.”

When Saints Come to Your Mind - Phil 1:3-4, “I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all.”

May the Lord bless this brief article in that many of His saints will cultivate administrative prayer in their daily walk.

Don Rutledge
Durham, NC
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #14
Indiana

Default Re: Local Church Movement 2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Point 9. "To silence and turn the opposers and critics of the recovery and the ministry by opening and enlightening their inner eyes and by granting them a just heart and fair discernment of the facts and the truth" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please link to 4-page response

http://www.HidingHistoryintheLordsRe...vement2009.pdf

Excerpt:

The Need to Clear the Past
Point 9 encourages the prayers of the saints for the enlightening of the “opposers’ eyes and for granting them a “just heart and fair discernment of the facts and the truth”.

It is with a “just heart” in “fair discernment of the facts and the truth” that the hidden things of shame in our church history have been examined and reported, yet not dealt with - so that prayers and expected blessing may not be hindered.

www.MakingStraighttheWayoftheLord.com
Old 07-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #15
kisstheson

Default Re: Prayer for the Original Sixteen Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
Sixteen Points for Prayer?

Brothers and sisters in the Local Churches, It is best by far to pray for the original Sixteen Points of fellowship, neglected totally to this day by the “leadership” and the Local Churches.

May we wake up! and make straight the way of the Lord.

www.makingstraightthewayofthelord.com
Amen, dear brother Indiana. How good it would be for the leading ones in the LC to get together somewhere and seriously consider and pray over the 16 points from August of 1988. How healing it would be if they would open to the Lord and truly cry out and repent for the mistakes of the past. Just think - if they had such an exercise before the Lord, our dear Lord, full of mercy and grace, could carry out a powerful healing and restoring work and grant them a truly fresh start.

How great is the need in the LSM-loyal LC to replace the terrible spirit of religious jealousy with a spirit of repentance and a spirit of love.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #16
awareness

Hope:
>> Totally unrecognizable!!! It looks like a legislative agenda or political party platform. <<

After reading the 16 points, it looks to me like their getting desperate.

Take this quote from Lee :
"When our work first began in Los Angeles in December of 1962, I came together with two other brothers five or six days a week for three weeks to pray from 8:30 A.M. until noon."

These brothers Lee mentions are no longer in the LC. Maybe if they truly followed the Lord they wouldn't have lost so many, and wouldn't be crying out in desperation for new ones. They obviously need ones that don't know them, so they can lead them too down the prim rose path, and keep them until they burn them out, and then spite them out too, like the early ones Lee speaks of.

I think they can pray all they want, but nothing will happen until they address all the issues that push saints out of the LC.

And seems to me that they're so out of touch that they just act funnier and funnier......

Lord have mercy on them....Do what You've done to me many times, and that is, turn my prayer for others back on me.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 PM   #17
Indiana

Default Re: The Role of Prayer in God's Administration

QUOTE: Since the prayer list of the LSM has been referenced, currently I have been considering this matter of prayer in a little more intense way. The following is an article which I wrote over five years ago. I felt the Lord would have me insert it here for our discussion. Perhaps a good followup would be the very matter of "God's Administration." I have desired for some time to address this subject.

Hope, Don Rutledge

Don,

This was good and needed fellowship on prayer in post #13. Thank you for posting your article. It has expanded my view and I hope that of many others.

Steve I.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #18
TLFisher

Default Re: Local Church Movement 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Point 9. "To silence and turn the opposers and critics of the recovery and the ministry by opening and enlightening their inner eyes and by granting them a just heart and fair discernment of the facts and the truth" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I read your article Indiana. I was touched by your inclusion of quotes from Watchman Nee. His words are in-sink with my concepts regarding ministries.

Terry
Old 04-13-2011, 06:35 AM   #19
Unregistered

Default Benson Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Col 4:2, “Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with thanksgiving.”

1 Tim 2:8, “Therefore I want the men in every place to pray.”

Phil 1:3-4, “I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all.”
Please remember brother Benson Phillips. He recently had back surgery and now has an infection. The brothers are beseeching the Lord that Benson will not have to have a second round of surgery. We stand with their prayers for our brother's health
Old 04-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #20
UntoHim

Default Re: Benson Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We stand with their prayers for our brother's health
Amen to this. Keep us posted, will you.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11