Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Extras! Extras! Read All About It!

Extras! Extras! Read All About It! Everything else that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else

Old 02-27-2019, 11:27 AM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Request from new Forum member RE: 1986 Pledge of Allegiance Letter

Request from new Forum member RE: 1986 Pledge of Allegiance Letter

Could someone please dig up a complete copy of this letter. I know it is posted on the forum somewhere. So, when it is found could someone please just bring the thread forward, or maybe just start a new thread and post it that way.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Re: Request from new Forum member RE: 1986 Pledge of Allegiance Letter

Unto...

I'm still looking through my stash as well as the forum. Until someone hopefully finds a .pdf with original signatures, here is the text:

Letter of Allegiance

February 21, 1986
Anaheim, California

Dear Brother Lee,

After hearing your fellowship in this elder's training, we all agree to have a new start in the Lord's recovery. For this, we all agree to be in one accord and to carry out this new move of the Lord solely through prayer, the Spirit, and the Word. We further agree to practice the recovery one in: teaching, practice, thinking, speaking, essence, appearance, and expression.

We repudiate all differences among the churches, and all indifference toward the ministry office, and the other churches. We agree that the church in our place be identical with all the local churches throughout the earth.

We also agree to follow your leading as the one who has brought us God's New Testament economy and has led us into its practice. We agree that this leading is indispensable to our oneness and acknowledge the one trumpet in the Lord's ministry and the one wise master builder among us.

We further agree to practice the church life in our locality absolutely in a new way: to build the church in, through, and based upon home meetings; to lead every member to get used to functioning without any idea to depend on any giant speakers; to teach all the saints to know the basic truths in an educational way that they may teach others for the spreading of the truth; to build up the saints in the growth in life that they may minister life to others, shepherd each other, and take care of the backsliding ones; to lead all the saints to preach the gospel in every possible way; to avoid leadership as much as possible; and to have home gatherings for nurturing the saints in life; and big meetings for educating the saints in truths.

We agree that all the preceding points are the clear and definite teaching of the Bible according to God's New Testament economy. Finally, we agree that the success of this new move is our responsibility and will rise up to labor and endeavor with our whole being, looking to the Lord for His mercy and grace that we would be faithful to the end.

Your brothers for the Lord's recovery,

This can be deleted when the original is found. I was hoping to tag it for future keyword searching but I can't find the option to assign tags.

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote