Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Calling All Saints!

Calling All Saints! This board will serve as a meeting place for ex Local Church members to reestablish contact with other former and current members. GUESTS may post here as well.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
Hope

Default New Forum Members

Dear Forum,

It is very encouraging to see the number of member growing so rapidly and the amount of participation. I am looking forward to fellowship regarding the future and what the Lord is currently doing in your lives and in your circle of fellowship. The Lord has wonderful plans for us all.

Nell and I have had some communication recently regarding the baseball player Josh Hamilton. What a story!! What a glory to God!!! What Josh has done is a great beacon of light to all who have been ravished by alcohol and drugs. If you have any friends or relatives who are victims of this terrible curse on our young people there is hope for them. In our church gathering, we have had four young persons who have returned to Christ from this plague and one 70+ gentleman who had been an alcoholic for 40 years be saved and sober for two years now. He regularly calls "Amazing Grace." We gladly sing it no matter how many times he calls it.

In Christ Jesus there is hope for us all,

Hope, Don Rutledge
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
finallyprettyokay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Dear Forum,

It is very encouraging to see the number of member growing so rapidly and the amount of participation. I am looking forward to fellowship regarding the future and what the Lord is currently doing in your lives and in your circle of fellowship. The Lord has wonderful plans for us all.

Nell and I have had some communication recently regarding the baseball player Josh Hamilton. What a story!! What a glory to God!!! What Josh has done is a great beacon of light to all who have been ravished by alcohol and drugs. If you have any friends or relatives who are victims of this terrible curse on our young people there is hope for them. In our church gathering, we have had four young persons who have returned to Christ from this plague and one 70+ gentleman who had been an alcoholic for 40 years be saved and sober for two years now. He regularly calls "Amazing Grace." We gladly sing it no matter how many times he calls it.

Hope, Don Rutledge

Don:

Doing some catch-up reading, and found this post I hadn't caught.

Yeah, addiction is a scourge on our country/world. It seems that almost every crime can be linked to this disease.

A friend of mine told me a really a funny story. This guy he knew was an alcoholic, and God set him free. He was was sharing his story with someone and that person said 'Well, about when Jesus turned Water into Wine?' And the guy told him 'All I can tell you is that at my house, Jesus turned Beer into Furniture!!!'

True story.

Great story.

FPO
finallyprettyokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:28 AM   #3
countmeworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyprettyokay View Post

Doing some catch-up reading, and found this post I hadn't caught.

A friend of mine told me a really a funny story. This guy he knew was an alcoholic, and God set him free. He was was sharing his story with someone and that person said 'Well, about when Jesus turned Water into Wine?' And the guy told him 'All I can tell you is that at my house, Jesus turned Beer into Furniture!!!'
True story.

Great story.

FPO
Hey! I just caught this post too!
What a GREAT STORY Indeed!!! Hope more people read this post FPO!!!
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
finallyprettyokay

Thanks, CMW. But, as always, you are the master of using bold print and colors to make things POP. You made the story even better with

Jesus turned Beer into Furniture!!!

I am humble before the master of graphic use.

fpo

Last edited by finallyprettyokay; 08-16-2008 at 10:57 AM.
finallyprettyokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
Unregistered

Default Re: New Forum Members

I dont know where else to go. Where do you meet now?
Old 12-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I dont know where else to go. Where do you meet now?

I would highly recommend checking out a church that is associated with the Acts 29 Network. There "mission" is very solid and biblical in my opinion. Many of these churches are newer (less then 5 years old) and have a lot of young people. It seems to me there is a vibrancy with this movement that is something of the Lord.

Here is there website. You can do a search of your area

http://www.acts29network.org/churches/
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:54 AM   #7
PW

I checked out the site you mentioned, which led me to an affiliated group in my area:

http://www.harborhawaii.org/core-values/

but, this doesn't seem attractive to me, same pastor led modern christianity stuff i can find anywhere...

i've read a few books by Frank Viola, and am meeting with about 5 christians who came out of a baptist church seeking the Lord's expression. What do you think of him?
Old 11-09-2014, 05:55 AM   #8
Unreg.~GeorgeLCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Dear Forum,

Hope, Don Rutledge
Psalms 45:2(confirms this Grace)Thou art fairer than the children of men:[Grace is being poured into thy lips]:therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.(not alcohol but Grace~amazing)