Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 03-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
Bubbles!

Default Looking for saints I know

I was in the Church in San Diego from 1974 until 1979. I'd like to remain secret, but, I'm sure that what I post will give me away. I think I've been caught speaking my mind on other sites, anyway, seeing that LC really takes technology seriously nowadays. I even think that one person was kicked out because he/she posted on here!
I've already found one old friend on here, not knowing it was her that I was writing to! I thought she was someone else.
Yes, LC was Borden's cow! (Elsie )
Bubbles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
countmeworthy

Default Re: Looking for saints I know

I've been here on and off since 2006 I think.. well.. this forum was part of another forum at that time. Eventually this one was created. Can't remember when..

Since I've been here, there have been a few people from San Diego that popped in for a very short time. They did not stay long and that was a very, very, long time ago.

Most people here are 'regulars' from different localities.

Glad you popped in ! There is lots to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles! View Post
I was in the Church in San Diego from 1974 until 1979. I'd like to remain secret, but, I'm sure that what I post will give me away. I think I've been caught speaking my mind on other sites, anyway, seeing that LC really takes technology seriously nowadays. I even think that one person was kicked out because he/she posted on here!
I've already found one old friend on here, not knowing it was her that I was writing to! I thought she was someone else.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #3
NewManLiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles! View Post
Welcome to the board. You have been away from the LC for decades yet I still sense fear in what you have to say. It's ok to speak your mind. Forget the LSMLC, there is nothing to fear but a self-made boogie man. Now if we lived during the time of the inquisition, you probably would have something to fear by not accepting the LC Pope. Then, they probably would have tried to cut your head off But fortunately we do not. The best they can do is call you derogatory names

The Lord knows those who are His and He also knows those who belong to Witness Lee. Just trust in Him and cast off the unnecessary fear. It's the ones that belong to Witness Lee that need to fear
NewManLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #4
countmeworthy

Well said NewManLiving! Well said! Each and everone one of us will have to answer to our Creator...not to the spirit of Witness Lee!

And we are not going to march into the Throne room together. Nope. It will be One on ONE ! For the record... The judgment seat of Christ is for all true Blood washed Believers. It is where we receive our rewards or as some people say our next assignments/promotions. We are not going to be sent to 'time out' or the outer darkness. The Lord Himself will guide us lovingly to the next level when we are ready.

From the words of Jeremiah 31:34
They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

We have such a Great and Awesome, Wonderful, Compassionate, Understandking and above all, LOVING GOD. GOD IS LOVE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewManLiving View Post
Welcome to the board. You have been away from the LC for decades yet I still sense fear in what you have to say. It's ok to speak your mind. Forget the LSMLC, there is nothing to fear but a self-made boogie man. Now if we lived during the time of the inquisition, you probably would have something to fear by not accepting the LC Pope. Then, they probably would have tried to cut your head off But fortunately we do not. The best they can do is call you derogatory names

The Lord knows those who are His and He also knows those who belong to Witness Lee. Just trust in Him and cast off the unnecessary fear. It's the ones that belong to Witness Lee that need to fear
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:54 AM   #5
NewManLiving

Red face Re: Looking for saints I know

That's right. We will first be "unblinded and then unblended". After that; "each one" will give an account of the deeds done in "his" body whether "good or bad/evil". Oh Nooo - there is that tree of good and evil again. I guess you just can't "Take Life" at the judgement seat.
NewManLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #6
OBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewManLiving View Post
That's right. We will first be "unblinded and then unblended". After that; "each one" will give an account of the deeds done in "his" body whether "good or bad/evil". Oh Nooo - there is that tree of good and evil again. I guess you just can't "Take Life" at the judgement seat.
"Take Life."

Kind of like a mulligan, except that you don't do anything over — you just ignore it and move on as if the shot you wanted actually happened.

Maybe it's more like the false belief in a "get out of judgment free" card. No requirement to give an account because we don't believe in it, or alternately believe that we can avoid it by "taking Life."

At times, I think that LCM beliefs are the ultimate in postmodern expression. If they believe in it, it is true. If they don't then it doesn't exist.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #7
OBW

I realize that I sometimes express things in somewhat novel ways. But since so much of the LCM-think is based on accepting novel ideas as simply true, it helps to see that there are very different novel ideas that could just as easily work the other way.

And it is more interesting when the other novel ideas don't require you to "get out of your mind" to make them work.

"Get out of our mind." That should have been a huge red flag. One that sent us all racing for the doors.

I recognize that faith does not always come easy. And it is not always fully logical. But there is something coherent about it within the framework of faith. When instead part of the very core of the framework of faith, the Bible, speaks against what you are being asked to believe, it should never have passed the sniff test.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:39 PM   #8
JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
I

"Get out of our mind." That should have been a huge red flag. One that sent us all racing for the doors.
Amen that! Did that statement come from Witness Lee? I remember saints telling me "get out of your mind, brother", and hearing sisters say the same to each other in the late 1970's.

I've never seen such a statement in the Bible. In fact it is the opposite. We are urged to be of sober mind. We are even told "We have the mind of Christ" in 1 Corinthians 2:16. And, "the mind of the Spirit is life and peace" is a more literal translation in Romans 8:6 versus "the mind set on the spirit".
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote