Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Glorious Church Life!

Glorious Church Life! Discussions regarding the beginnings of the Local Church in the USA/North America. Emphasis on the 60s and 70s.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #1
Truthseeker

Default What was Witness Lee thinking about Daystar ?

I just knew that Lee had Daystar business. I didn't want to know so much for this business .But I am shocked by the name Daystar because it refers to Lucifer's name:

How you have fallen from heaven, / O Daystar, son of the dawn! / How you have been hewn down to earth, / You who made nations fall prostrate! (Isaiah 14:18)

What was Witness Lee thinking ? Why did he name his business like this ?
Truthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
OGOP

Default Re: What was Witness Lee thinking about Daystar ?

It is definitely a suspicious naming choice.

UntoHim on another thread about Daystar posted the following alternative explanation for the name:

Quote:
2Peter 1:19 (KJV)
"We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts" (most modern versions have it as "morning star")
OGOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:50 PM   #3
aron

Someone could start a thread on WL bon mots.

Spiritual Giants: term for Nee and Lee; aka restless spirits of drowned offspring of angels and humans in Gen 6 (cf Matt 12:43).

Little Bankers: getting children used to turning money over to the LC.

Donation: what's happened when one's investment in Daystar vanishes.

Deputy God: self-description of a person who's filled with self-importance (see also: MOTA; Acting God; God's Oracle; Seer of the Divine Revelation &c).

Youth Propagation Groups: Children's Indoctrination and Recruitment Centres.

Processed: description of what happened to God in LC theology.

Consummated: description of what happened to God when WL ran out of ideas.

Rich ministry: self-description of someone not looking away unto Jesus but instead regarding themselves.

Training: description of WL telling someone what to do or think (see also: Perfecting; Correcting; Adjusting; Teaching; Fellowship &c).

Attacking: description of someone telling WL what to do or think (see also: Accusing; Slander; Rebelling &c)
Old 04-06-2018, 04:02 PM   #4
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
I just knew that Lee had Daystar business. I didn't want to know so much for this business .But I am shocked by the name Daystar because it refers to Lucifer's name:

How you have fallen from heaven, / O Daystar, son of the dawn! / How you have been hewn down to earth, / You who made nations fall prostrate! (Isaiah 14:18)

The devil is in the details ... and the outcome too. Those that lost their life savings should have caught on by just the name, before investing.

And all of Lee's business dealing's were shifty. As were Nee's.

When Lee was asked about the saints that lost money he said, "They lost their virginity." So maybe he used that name so that after stealing their money he could say : "You should have known better."
There's enough religion in the world for people to hate each other. But not enough for people to love each other. There's a serpent in every paradise. Trusting in God is easy. It's trusting in man that requires a lot of faith.
Judaism is Satanic Catholicism is demonic and Christianity is christless - Witness Lee.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #5
Evangelical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post

What about the evangelical tv network called daystar?
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote