Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 03-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
OBW

Default Re: Looking for saints I know

I realize that I sometimes express things in somewhat novel ways. But since so much of the LCM-think is based on accepting novel ideas as simply true, it helps to see that there are very different novel ideas that could just as easily work the other way.

And it is more interesting when the other novel ideas don't require you to "get out of your mind" to make them work.

"Get out of our mind." That should have been a huge red flag. One that sent us all racing for the doors.

I recognize that faith does not always come easy. And it is not always fully logical. But there is something coherent about it within the framework of faith. When instead part of the very core of the framework of faith, the Bible, speaks against what you are being asked to believe, it should never have passed the sniff test.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:39 PM   #2
JJ

Default Re: Looking for saints I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
I

"Get out of our mind." That should have been a huge red flag. One that sent us all racing for the doors.
Amen that! Did that statement come from Witness Lee? I remember saints telling me "get out of your mind, brother", and hearing sisters say the same to each other in the late 1970's.

I've never seen such a statement in the Bible. In fact it is the opposite. We are urged to be of sober mind. We are even told "We have the mind of Christ" in 1 Corinthians 2:16. And, "the mind of the Spirit is life and peace" is a more literal translation in Romans 8:6 versus "the mind set on the spirit".
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote