Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Early Lee - Later Lee

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #19
aron

Default Re: What is Building Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
... what is the Triune God but a relationship? The Trinity tells us that at the heart of reality are... relationships. The Father and the Son relate, and the Spirit is their relationship.
When UntoHim recently wrote that we need to return fully to the Word of God, my "amen" was in this vein: at the heart of the divine revelation is a relationship between the Father and His Firstborn Son. And we can, and I think should, spend our lives exploring this relationship in the scriptures.

The more we explore it, the more it changes us. It changes our relationships with each other. Did the Holy Spirit ever argue with the Son? Did the Son ever reject the Father? Then why do we argue with each other(Gal 5:15)? Why do we posture for position (Mark 9:33, Luke 9:46), and receive one another for the purpose of passing judgment (Rom 14:1)? And why do we so quickly and easily lord it over each other (1 Pet 5:3)?

The more we explore it, it changes our relationship with God. If we see the Spirit's relationship with the Father and the Son, how can we still act in a way that we know grieves the Spirit (Eph 4:30)? The Spirit wants to guide us into all the reality. What lies between Father and Son is real, it is solid. It is more real than anything in the universe, and it has been clearly communicated to us, and presented right in front of us on the printed pages of scripture.

Etc, etc.

I don't recall any of this in the LCs. All I recall are some vague ideas about "growing in life", which was whatever Lee said it was, and continuous, fervent, and unabated exhortations to build up the organization. All of which was held to be somehow concomitant with the kingdom of God.