Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > To God Be The Glory!

To God Be The Glory! A Place to Praise, Honor and Glorify our God! Words of Praise and Encouragement. Poems, Hymns, Prayers, Words of Wisdom, Knowledge and Prophetic Speaking

Old 01-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
countmeworthy

Default Partial Revelation on Ephesians 3:18

This morning my spirit, my heart leaped for Joy.

For months and months..possibly years, I have prayerfully read Ephesians 3:18

18 (that I)May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth and height;

I've always wondered what the breadth, length, depth, and height was. I thought it was a mystery, God only knew.

Well..this morning I'm reading out of Proverbs and come across chapter 25:2-3

It is the Glory of God to conceal a thing. But the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

vs 3------ The Heaven for HEIGHT, and the Earth for DEPTH. And the Heart of kings is unsearchable.

The Height in Ephesians 3:18 must be Heaven. And the Depth must be earth.

Now...the Holy City New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven. It is between Heaven and earth.

I think the LORD is revealing to me/to us..Ephesians 3:18 is describing the Holy City New Jerusalem. He inserts the Holy City New Jerusalem right smack between this chapter.

I know I only got a golden glimpse but what a NUGGET that was for me. I can tell He's going to start giving me more revelation and understanding! THANK YOU LORD JESUS!

If the Lord has given you'all insight and revelation to this scripture that I don't have...share the wealth with me, will ya?

Thanks.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
YP0534

Default Re: Partial Revelation on Ephesians 3:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
If the Lord has given you'all insight and revelation to this scripture that I don't have...share the wealth with me, will ya?
nu-uh.

You keep going!

Follow Him and don't let Him get away!

Praise the Lord!

What about the other measurements?
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
countmeworthy

[QUOTE=YP0534;5453]

Quote:
nu-uh. You keep going!
"Smack"! Here's a thump on the side of your head from me to you YP!

Quote:
Follow Him and don't let Him get away!

I won't..I'm holding on to Him for dear LIFE. [BIG Grin]
Quote:
Praise the Lord!
Ok.

Quote:
What about the other measurements?
I got too excited with them nuggets I found. I think The Lord is waiting for me to 'calm down' before He gives me some more Golden Nuggets to behold!
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
YP0534

Quote:
I think The Lord is waiting for me to 'calm down' before He gives me some more Golden Nuggets to behold!
You know, it's not so important in the grand scheme of things and I'm sure someone around here will accuse me of having some kind of unauthorized interpretation of scripture on the shakiest of my own personal authority and such just after my salvation well before I ever learned about Lee's techniques of exposition regarding typology and the rest, the Spirit (for I believe it was so) revealed a sweet little morsel to me that I've remembered and enjoyed from time to time ever since:
Quote:
Mat 21:9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
I marked it in my New American Bible version that I'd gotten at "confirmation."

My insight was that this verse, in addition to its literal meaning, could also be seen to state that at that moment, at the turn of the age, from Adam on down and so many of us to come after that time, we have recognized our need for salvation and cried out to Him along with the rest of creation, eagerly desiring His salvific arrival.

But it's obviously just reading too much into things.

I've never actually repeated it until now.

Huh.

Nearly 25 years.

Probably should have taken it to my grave, under the circumstances...
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

I don't know how I missed this one YP. Maybe with all that's been going on in the boards above this one I never made my way down to this. A very sweet little morsel indeed! And yes, I think the Spirit DID reveal this to you...and now he has revealed it to me too!! Thanks bro.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
David

Quote:
This morning my spirit, my heart leaped for Joy.

For months and months..possibly years, I have prayerfully read Ephesians 3:18

18 (that I)May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth and height;

I've always wondered what the breadth, length, depth, and height was. I thought it was a mystery, God only knew.

Well..this morning I'm reading out of Proverbs and come across chapter 25:2-3

It is the Glory of God to conceal a thing. But the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

vs 3------ The Heaven for HEIGHT, and the Earth for DEPTH. And the Heart of kings is unsearchable.

The Height in Ephesians 3:18 must be Heaven. And the Depth must be earth.

Now...the Holy City New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven. It is between Heaven and earth.

I think the LORD is revealing to me/to us..Ephesians 3:18 is describing the Holy City New Jerusalem. He inserts the Holy City New Jerusalem right smack between this chapter.

I know I only got a golden glimpse but what a NUGGET that was for me. I can tell He's going to start giving me more revelation and understanding! THANK YOU LORD JESUS!

Thanks.
I took Eph 3.18 to mean perhaps that we all as the body put together with all our different experiences of the Lord put together can form a picture of how much God loves us. I thought it was a little strange that it would mean some mysterious puzzle to figure out by putting verses together. But keep praying and contacting the Spirit!
David is offline   Reply With Quote