Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 02-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Stacy Atkins

Default Choosing My Own Path

Leaving the Church.

The reasons I left the Church and continue to purge the control they seek over their members could be an endless debate; explanations and defensive hurt feelings could circle like a plane waiting to land in bad weather, if I were to engage in playing the game of wanting to prove I am right. I am not going to get into the details, neither am I going to insult and hurt the people that gave me one of my most cherished memories to date, “truly loving the Lord”, and I still do love the Lord.

My honeymoon with the Lord and the church life was paramount, I guarantee it. But, as the reality of what I had to give up in order to continue the church life came to light, I chose to leave instead. I was slowly losing my identity, my quirky ways of thinking and feeling where being taken over by someone else’s feelings and ways of thinking. Their priorities became my priorities. After all we were one in The Church.

We all have choices to make in life, are entitled to be one and in complete harmony which whom and what we chose to be in harmony with. This is my message. All of the theologians, defenders of the church and anyone who cares to dispute this fact, is living in fear. This is the fear that I chose to not be a part of.

I have found a spiritual place where we are all accepted for who and where we are in life. Life is no longer a series of critical judgments of myself and others. I am now filled with a desire to be at peace with the world and everyone in it. Even those who dispute my choices, I love you. You are precious and living according to your heart and that is all that matters. Please make room for me in your heart, without judgment or fear, and embrace my quest for us “all” to be in harmony.

Your sister in Christ who has found her own voice, the one that God gave me…
Stacy Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
Cal

Default Re: Choosing My Own Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Atkins View Post
Leaving the Church.

The reasons I left the Church and continue to purge the control they seek over their members could be an endless debate; explanations and defensive hurt feelings could circle like a plane waiting to land in bad weather, if I were to engage in playing the game of wanting to prove I am right. I am not going to get into the details, neither am I going to insult and hurt the people that gave me one of my most cherished memories to date, “truly loving the Lord”, and I still do love the Lord.

My honeymoon with the Lord and the church life was paramount, I guarantee it. But, as the reality of what I had to give up in order to continue the church life came to light, I chose to leave instead. I was slowly losing my identity, my quirky ways of thinking and feeling where being taken over by someone else’s feelings and ways of thinking. Their priorities became my priorities. After all we were one in The Church.

We all have choices to make in life, are entitled to be one and in complete harmony which whom and what we chose to be in harmony with. This is my message. All of the theologians, defenders of the church and anyone who cares to dispute this fact, is living in fear. This is the fear that I chose to not be a part of.

I have found a spiritual place where we are all accepted for who and where we are in life. Life is no longer a series of critical judgments of myself and others. I am now filled with a desire to be at peace with the world and everyone in it. Even those who dispute my choices, I love you. You are precious and living according to your heart and that is all that matters. Please make room for me in your heart, without judgment or fear, and embrace my quest for us “all” to be in harmony.

Definitely a unique voice, Stacy. I've never read a post quite like yours. Fresh, and appreciated.

Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
countmeworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Atkins View Post
Leaving the Church.

I echo Igzy's comments and your sentiments!!! I think we all do!! But I believe you have helped many a struggling saint be set free from the spirit of Fear. Fear of leaving the LC and free of judgmental attitudes towards oneself and towards others.

Thank You..and may our Father and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ bless and and reward you abundantly for speaking the Truth in Love.

Carol Garza
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Stacy Atkins

Thank you so much for your kind words. I waited a year after I joined this discussion group in order to choose my words wisely and speak only what I felt at peace to say. You are a like spirit. I find great joy in knowing you share the same heart. Harmony and oneness is an amazing thing. Than you for sharing it with me.
Stacy Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
Kyoakum

Stacy, are you related to Tom and Merliee Adkins? I was very close to them over 20 years ago.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
OBW

Stacy,

While the request from Kyoakum is probably honest and sincere, be careful not to reveal too much personal information in the open forum. Only do it through private message. And in this case, it probably means that Kyoakum will need to register as a member/user.

(Not trying to force membership or saying anything derogatory about anyone. Just making sure that Stacy does not reveal any more than is really wanted in the open forum.)
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Actually Kyle Yoakum has been a forum member for years. He just forgot his username and posted as a guest. Stacey you are more than welcome to send a private message to Kyle, I'm sure he'd be happy to converse with you there. (Username is Kyle Yoakum)
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leaving the church