Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Calling All Saints!

Calling All Saints! This board will serve as a meeting place for ex Local Church members to reestablish contact with other former and current members. GUESTS may post here as well.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #1
HoldFast
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 8
Question Where is Steve Isitt?

Does anyone know what happened with Steve? I noticed some of his websites are down and/or redirected to <http://lordsrecovery.us>. Is he still a LRC/WL supporter? Just curious, thanks.
HoldFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
UntoHim
Grateful Servant
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,184
Default Re: Where is Steve Isitt?

Steve is a longtime member of the forum - UserName Indiana
Feel free to send him a Private Message if he somehow misses your post here.
__________________
Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (Ephesians 3:21)
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
awareness
Member
 
awareness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,977
Default Re: Where is Steve Isitt?

HoldFast's question has been answered in PM. Brother Steve is doing fine. And is meeting with a LSM home church ... or trying to.
__________________
Cults: My brain will always be there for you. Thinking. So you don't have to.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:21 AM   #4
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where is Steve Isitt?

What's a LSM "home church"?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #5
awareness
Member
 
awareness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,977
Default Re: Where is Steve Isitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's a LSM "home church"?
I took it to mean a home church hooked to LSM as headquarters, with a hotline to Ron Kangas, when needed (maybe if a brother fails to be totally given to Witness Lee, I'm guessing (totally unobjective - ha).

For those perchance uninformed: Kangas publicly called Steve Isitt a man of death.

He's not. He's a man of life, and honesty. Things that should go hand in hand. But don't, for Living Stream Ministry & Blended Co.
__________________
Cults: My brain will always be there for you. Thinking. So you don't have to.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
zeek
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Where is Steve Isitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
I took it to mean a home church hooked to LSM as headquarters, with a hotline to Ron Kangas, when needed (maybe if a brother fails to be totally given to Witness Lee, I'm guessing (totally unobjective - ha).

For those perchance uninformed: Kangas publicly called Steve Isitt a man of death.

He's not. He's a man of life, and honesty. Things that should go hand in hand. But don't, for Living Stream Ministry & Blended Co.
How is his book coming along?
__________________

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86


zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #7
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,401
Default Re: Where is Steve Isitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
For those perchance uninformed: Kangas publicly called Steve Isitt a man of death.
As I have said before on the forum, "the brothers" can say many things about Steve, but the elders, coworkers, and DCP have yet to call him a liar on the subject matters he has written about. Steve even attempted to make an appointment with DCP. Conveniently unavailable.
Ron can call Steve a man of death because as the deputy authority, he has license to say anything he wants. His peers won't rebuke him by saying, "brother Ron you're going too far". There won't be any apology because at the extreme of the deputy authority practices, you're only accountable to God. If you happen to slander another member of the Body of Christ, within this concept (even when you're wrong, you're still right), it's the offended persons that must "take the cross".
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #8
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,401
Default Re: Where is Steve Isitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's a LSM "home church"?
A local church in any given city that receives Living Stream Ministry as it's "One Publication". Generally a LSM "home church" registers as "The Church in _____".
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #9
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 12,836
Default Re: Where is Steve Isitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
As I have said before on the forum, "the brothers" can say many things about Steve, but the elders, coworkers, and DCP have yet to call him a liar on the subject matters he has written about. Steve even attempted to make an appointment with DCP. Conveniently unavailable.

Ron can call Steve a man of death because as the deputy authority, he has license to say anything he wants. His peers won't rebuke him by saying, "brother Ron you're going too far". There won't be any apology because at the extreme of the deputy authority practices, you're only accountable to God. If you happen to slander another member of the Body of Christ, within this concept (even when you're wrong, you're still right), it's the offended persons that must "take the cross".
Like the old workplace saying "__it rolls down hill," thus is the abuse which comes from the deputy authority. Supposedly he has been given a God-given license to abuse the entire body of Christ, yet if any member or outsider protests or challenges his abusive ways, that member receives the full judgment of God. Even if a member, for conscience sake, seeks to have sober fellowship with the deputy authority, or his many minions, he cannot.

Why? The answer is simple. Because in the Recovery System of abusive leadership, "__it rolls down hill." That's right "__it only rolls down hill." That is just the recovered way. The deputy authority can NEVER be held accountable because he has been bestowed with certain inalienable "rights" like infallibility. Even when he is wrong, he is right. He told us so himself. Or was that his profligate son who told us so?
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #10
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,401
Default Re: Where is Steve Isitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Li

Why? The answer is simple. Because in the Recovery System of abusive leadership, "__it rolls down hill." That's right "__it only rolls down hill." That is just the recovered way. The deputy authority can NEVER be held accountable because he has been bestowed with certain inalienable "rights" like infallibility. Even when he is wrong, he is right. He told us so himself. Or was that his profligate son who told us so?
Quite a contrast to my experiences with a local community church. Elders are meek, humble, and don't claim to be any authority. The pastor you can critique or affirm and he will actively listen.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
isitt, local church, steve

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:45 PM.


3.8.9