Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here?

Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here? Current and former members (and anyone in between!)... tell us what is on your mind and in your heart.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
brad

Default Wikipedia

Hi All -

Have not posted on here in a while, but since leaving the lc several years ago I wanted to first of all share that my faith is being built back up in a good way.

When I started meeting, one of the difficult things was finding unbiased information about the group. They present a very sanitized and biased version of their history and create a culture of information control that precludes one from making an informed decision about who/what they are meeting with. The wikipedia was perhaps the best potential source of information but that too was pretty useless.

Given how many people we have here with knowledge of the other side of the story and the amount of articles that in the past several years have been written, why don't we edit the wikipedia pages for lsm, lord's recovery, local churches, and witness lee to accurately reflect the truth. Just going to them, you can pretty clearly see the fingerprint of the lsm all over the articles. Maybe if we can make those pages more accurate, the sincere, seeking, unsuspecting college students they try to recruit this fall will be able to see that it is not all that it's hyped up to be.
brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
countmeworthy

Default Re: Wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
Hi All -

Have not posted on here in a while, but since leaving the lc several years ago I wanted to first of all share that my faith is being built back up in a good way.

When I started meeting, one of the difficult things was finding unbiased information about the group. They present a very sanitized and biased version of their history and create a culture of information control that precludes one from making an informed decision about who/what they are meeting with. The wikipedia was perhaps the best potential source of information but that too was pretty useless.

Given how many people we have here with knowledge of the other side of the story and the amount of articles that in the past several years have been written, why don't we edit the wikipedia pages for lsm, lord's recovery, local churches, and witness lee to accurately reflect the truth. Just going to them, you can pretty clearly see the fingerprint of the lsm all over the articles. Maybe if we can make those pages more accurate, the sincere, seeking, unsuspecting college students they try to recruit this fall will be able to see that it is not all that it's hyped up to be.

Hi Brad,
Glad to hear your faith is being built up again. Our God is so Faithful isn't He? He told us He began a good (mighty, if you ask me) work in us and would complete it until the day of Jesus Christ (when He returns.

I found your post rather interesting.

I know wikipedia is available for editing. If you are led to edit, go for it. If anyone else is led to edit, go for it too.

In the end, it will be the Holy Spirit of God that will convict and shine the Light on people who think they are following the Word and are not. So let's keep praying for the blind, the deaf and the deceived.

Just wanted to respond.

Blessings,
Carol G
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote