Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2019, 03:49 AM   #5501
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
I am not a Trump hater. Not being a Trump cheerleader doesn't make me a hater. I am simply telling the truth, he is an insulting person, he is abusive, and he is arrogant. This conclusion is based solely on his own words.

Saying this doesn't in any way say that previous presidents weren't liars, cheats, and disingenuous. This is not a binary choice, Trump being arrogant doesn't require that Obama be a saint and vice versa.

"As for women and wimps in the locker room" we are seeing that with the Democrats (Pelosi, AOC, Omar and Clinton). They are disintegrating right in front of our eyes. AOC's blunder with Amazon.com, trying to be tough and instead got body slammed. I would be stunned if she lasts more than 1 term. Likewise with Omar, giving the Democrats a major black eye that will not go away. And how wimpy is Pelosi. Saying that "Trump is not worth impeaching". That is the total cowards way out. She wants to claim he has done things worthy of impeachment but somehow it isn't worth impeaching him. Do your job. If he has done things worthy of impeachment, then your job is to impeach him. If on the other hand the entire thing has been a political witch hunt and you have been exposed, your lies and cowardice are simply continuing to dig the hole you will be buried in.
AOC never got "body slammed." In fact, most Democratic hopefuls have taken up her Green Deal. Have you forgotten, "she's the boss?"

Omar too won a great victory. Instead of censure for despicable comments, and removal from the Foreign Relations Commitee, like King of Iowa, she got "much needed anti-hate legislation."

I think ZNP and others here got a "technical knockout" for supporting Muller's Witch Hunt in the face of all evidence to the contrary. Instead of rightly admitting the coup d'etat, you clamor about "Trump is rude, Trump is arrogant." That's like complaining about "foul-mouthed" American politicians as Pearl Harbor was being attacked.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:54 AM   #5502
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Hey ... Jonathan Cahn is preaching and teaching how Trump was prophesied in the Bible to be president. According to Cahn, he's a modern day King Jehu.

And then there's all the claims that he's King Cyrus.

Methinks that Christians are making him bigger than the media does. They're making him out to be a Bible hero. It doesn't get any bigger than that.
I guess I missed that CNN report about King Cyrus or King Jehu in the White House.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:56 AM   #5503
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
No brother. It's all over the Christian Prophecy sites. Look it up. They believe God is controlling history, and it's further development.
Christians believe God is controlling history?

Perhaps the weather too?

Appalling!
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:13 AM   #5504
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Christians believe God is controlling history?

Perhaps the weather too?

Appalling!
I know. If God is controlling history, He's doing an appalling job. I stand against vilifying God like that.
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #5505
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
AOC never got "body slammed." In fact, most Democratic hopefuls have taken up her Green Deal. Have you forgotten, "she's the boss?"
What you don't see in politics is far more important than what you do. The fact that she is receiving very mild rebukes in public is simply because the democrats don't want to offend her supporters. They understand that as foolish and idiotic some of the things she has done are, she still represents a number of people who would walk away from the Democratic party if they publicly rebuke her.

That said "money talks and BS walks" in politics. Amazon.com has money, they do the talking, Comey and Diblasio are listening, two very important democrats. No doubt Clinton and others are also listening. So let's see if AOC is opposed in the next election by a very well funded candidate who wins the Democratic nomination. That is when you will realize they put the knife in her back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Omar too won a great victory. Instead of censure for despicable comments, and removal from the Foreign Relations Commitee, like King of Iowa, she got "much needed anti-hate legislation."
Again, the issue is will she be reelected? The democrats cannot risk offending Muslims, they are critical in elections decided by less than 3%. But that doesn't mean that behind the scenes they have already decided she must go. Again, let's see if she gets reelected? You might think that Muslims would rally behind her, but I doubt it. Her reelection will be very high profile and if she were funded by Islamic organizations it would become a major campaign issue, stir up more heated rhetoric, and bring negative publicity to a minority that does not want negative publicity.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #5506
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I think ZNP and others here got a "technical knockout" for supporting Muller's Witch Hunt in the face of all evidence to the contrary. Instead of rightly admitting the coup d'etat, you clamor about "Trump is rude, Trump is arrogant." That's like complaining about "foul-mouthed" American politicians as Pearl Harbor was being attacked.
I guess I need to do a post mortem, why could I not see it, what was blinding my eyes?

I like your analogy to Pearl Harbor, that is very personal for me. My dad was 12 at the time and spent the day rowing sailors (mostly dead ones) from the Arizona. His house was less than 100 feet from where it was anchored (his old house is now a historical site). Of course he is not the heroic figure Trump is with his phony 4F, nor would I liken my grandfather to Trump either, both my father and grandfather were in the military and recognized a war hero even if he was captured or killed.

So why would we as a family become so naive, able to fall for this Fake news coup? Pretty insulting when you think about it, especially since my Dad got forced out because he refused to let the CIA set up shop in UPI. Fake news has been a very critical force to our family since 1977. Later he disagreed with the NYT handling of the reporting on JFK assassination, and again left. Fake news has been a very big deal in our family and yet here I am, so naive?

I get it, we have had Fake news since 1977 yet it takes CNN saying mean things about Trump for others to see it. So I am happy about that. It has been 42 years, but at least you can now see what I see and know that it matters.

Likewise the coup d'etat. That took place in 1963, so I am glad you finally figured that out. No one cared about the Box 13 scandal when I brought it up, but how do you think the CIA controls Johnson? Do what we say or we'll expose you are a fraud. That is one reason why I welcome the Mueller investigation, because no one is going to be able to bring down the whole "fruitless works of darkness" if they are a fraud.

But that is not the only reason. In the 60s my uncle's house was bombed by the KKK (Robert Kochtitzky). This was because he was standing with the black churches in Jackson, Ms. So our family has been in the center of the civil rights movement for virtually my whole life. I have seen many people approach this issue, most of them with the ministry of condemnation which does not yield righteousness, which is why 50 years later we still see bombings and shootings in churches, mosques, etc. My uncle understood the ministry of righteousness which includes reconciliation. If I hadn't been given a TKO I could tell you the difference, guess you'll have to google it for yourself. But one thing I do know from my experience, the ministry of condemnation is full of those who set themselves up as the judge and jury, deciding who is knocked out and who isn't.

We saw the Black Panthers, they went down a failed path of an eye for an eye, of being conquered by the evil. But who knows 50 years later you would think people would finally figure out this is not a path that leads to righteousness. But I also saw Martin Luther King Jr. and his "coarse jesting" and infidelity was detrimental to the movement. The NT says "be perfect" and he wasn't. Trump isn't either. So yes, I point this out because I know it will undermine anything else he wishes to do. For example Bill Belichik is a family friend, he went to the same university as my cousins and they would have him over to their house. Still I will point out that spygate and deflategate were both unrighteous and will damage his legacy, giving his haters ammunition.

But going back to your Pearl Harbor analogy, one outcome of that attack was the internment camps. No doubt people thought that was the patriotic thing to do. My dad didn't. Instead they figured out who the spy was. He was a butcher. All the admirals would call ahead when they were gonna be in port to order steaks. As a result the butcher (who was Japanese) knew when every ship was going to be in port. Rather than throw every Japanese in jail, find out the traitor and deal with him. Likewise with Trump, instead of falsely accusing him of being a traitor, lets be more precise in our dealing with sin. So since we both agree that the internment camps were unrighteous and foolish, and that they were similar to the false accusations made against Trump why did I support the Mueller investigation? Well, Warren was governor of California and supported the internment camps. That error no doubt influenced his being chosen for the Supreme Court (figured he'd be tough on the commies) yet that error no doubt shaped his opinion and his court ruled on transformative civil rights decisions.

Is it hypocritical that I am not concerned about the most powerful man, a billionaire, a man who has sued thousands of people and stiffed countless number of workers, that I don't empathize with him being unjustly examined? Let me tell you what I am concerned about. My brother was one of the lawyers who recently took the Habeus Corpus case to the Supreme Court. This was where the CIA was locking up "bad guys" in Guantanamo without telling us their names or their crimes. Why? Because our "allies", countries run by despots and tyrants, were cleaning house of political opponents and sending them to Guantanamo. They couldn't tell their names or charges because it would be an outrage. You still don't know them because they were discreetly released and sent abroad as a result of that trial. So when the CIA helps some despot take a peon, toss them in the dungeon and throw away the key without so much as telling us why, then yes, I see that as unrighteous. I do empathize. Sorry if I don't have empathy for some billionaire 4F who insults POWs and families of those KIA, who stiffs common workers, sues everyone he can think of, and is surrounded by thugs and scam artists.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #5507
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
What you don't see in politics is far more important than what you do. The fact that she is receiving very mild rebukes in public is simply because the democrats don't want to offend her supporters. They understand that as foolish and idiotic some of the things she has done are, she still represents a number of people who would walk away from the Democratic party if they publicly rebuke her.

That said "money talks and BS walks" in politics. Amazon.com has money, they do the talking, Comey and Diblasio are listening, two very important democrats. No doubt Clinton and others are also listening. So let's see if AOC is opposed in the next election by a very well funded candidate who wins the Democratic nomination. That is when you will realize they put the knife in her back.



Again, the issue is will she be reelected? The democrats cannot risk offending Muslims, they are critical in elections decided by less than 3%. But that doesn't mean that behind the scenes they have already decided she must go. Again, let's see if she gets reelected? You might think that Muslims would rally behind her, but I doubt it. Her reelection will be very high profile and if she were funded by Islamic organizations it would become a major campaign issue, stir up more heated rhetoric, and bring negative publicity to a minority that does not want negative publicity.
I often hear from Trump voters that they voted for him because they thought Washington was broken and Trump would shake it all up ; drain the swamp and all.

And now they're criticizing AOC and Omar for doing that very same thing. Right for one, wrong for the other.
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #5508
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
I often hear from Trump voters that they voted for him because they thought Washington was broken and Trump would shake it all up ; drain the swamp and all.

And now they're criticizing AOC and Omar for doing that very same thing. Right for one, wrong for the other.
Trump limits regulations and creates jobs.


AOC loves regulations and ends jobs.


Aren't they the same thing?
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:08 AM   #5509
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
I often hear from Trump voters that they voted for him because they thought Washington was broken and Trump would shake it all up ; drain the swamp and all.

And now they're criticizing AOC and Omar for doing that very same thing. Right for one, wrong for the other.
It is good to be outside of the system, you are less compromised. But this is like fighting for the heavyweight title, you better be well trained.

AOC and Omar are idiots. They think that they alone are right and everyone else is wrong, everyone else is compromised, so they alone can speak the hard truths.

So AOC would have tens of thousands of Americans lose their jobs for her green plan which will not be a solution to anything. They don't deny it isn't a solution, yet she justifies it by saying "at least I want to do something". Fine, if that is how she feels she should be the first one to lose her job.

Omar is very clearly biased against Jews. She may not be "anti semitic" but instead of simply focusing on the law and trying to move US policy away from strongly supporting Israel, which is our ally, she chose instead to cast aspersions on virtually everyone in the US. If you do that you have no right to complain when they do it to you.

This is why I say they are idiots. They have stepped into the ring with heavyweights and made idiotic mistakes.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #5510
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
I guess I need to do a post mortem, why could I not see it, what was blinding my eyes?

I like your analogy to Pearl Harbor, that is very personal for me. My dad was 12 at the time and spent the day rowing sailors (mostly dead ones) from the Arizona. His house was less than 100 feet from where it was anchored (his old house is now a historical site). Of course he is not the heroic figure Trump is with his phony 4F, nor would I liken my grandfather to Trump either, both my father and grandfather were in the military and recognized a war hero even if he was captured or killed.

So why would we as a family become so naive, able to fall for this Fake news coup? Pretty insulting when you think about it, especially since my Dad got forced out because he refused to let the CIA set up shop in UPI. Fake news has been a very critical force to our family since 1977. Later he disagreed with the NYT handling of the reporting on JFK assassination, and again left. Fake news has been a very big deal in our family and yet here I am, so naive?

I get it, we have had Fake news since 1977 yet it takes CNN saying mean things about Trump for others to see it. So I am happy about that. It has been 42 years, but at least you can now see what I see and know that it matters.

Likewise the coup d'etat. That took place in 1963, so I am glad you finally figured that out. No one cared about the Box 13 scandal when I brought it up, but how do you think the CIA controls Johnson? Do what we say or we'll expose you are a fraud. That is one reason why I welcome the Mueller investigation, because no one is going to be able to bring down the whole "fruitless works of darkness" if they are a fraud.

But that is not the only reason. In the 60s my uncle's house was bombed by the KKK (Robert Kochtitzky). This was because he was standing with the black churches in Jackson, Ms. So our family has been in the center of the civil rights movement for virtually my whole life. I have seen many people approach this issue, most of them with the ministry of condemnation which does not yield righteousness, which is why 50 years later we still see bombings and shootings in churches, mosques, etc. My uncle understood the ministry of righteousness which includes reconciliation. If I hadn't been given a TKO I could tell you the difference, guess you'll have to google it for yourself. But one thing I do know from my experience, the ministry of condemnation is full of those who set themselves up as the judge and jury, deciding who is knocked out and who isn't.

We saw the Black Panthers, they went down a failed path of an eye for an eye, of being conquered by the evil. But who knows 50 years later you would think people would finally figure out this is not a path that leads to righteousness. But I also saw Martin Luther King Jr. and his "coarse jesting" and infidelity was detrimental to the movement. The NT says "be perfect" and he wasn't. Trump isn't either. So yes, I point this out because I know it will undermine anything else he wishes to do. For example Bill Belichik is a family friend, he went to the same university as my cousins and they would have him over to their house. Still I will point out that spygate and deflategate were both unrighteous and will damage his legacy, giving his haters ammunition.

But going back to your Pearl Harbor analogy, one outcome of that attack was the internment camps. No doubt people thought that was the patriotic thing to do. My dad didn't. Instead they figured out who the spy was. He was a butcher. All the admirals would call ahead when they were gonna be in port to order steaks. As a result the butcher (who was Japanese) knew when every ship was going to be in port. Rather than throw every Japanese in jail, find out the traitor and deal with him. Likewise with Trump, instead of falsely accusing him of being a traitor, lets be more precise in our dealing with sin. So since we both agree that the internment camps were unrighteous and foolish, and that they were similar to the false accusations made against Trump why did I support the Mueller investigation? Well, Warren was governor of California and supported the internment camps. That error no doubt influenced his being chosen for the Supreme Court (figured he'd be tough on the commies) yet that error no doubt shaped his opinion and his court ruled on transformative civil rights decisions.

Is it hypocritical that I am not concerned about the most powerful man, a billionaire, a man who has sued thousands of people and stiffed countless number of workers, that I don't empathize with him being unjustly examined? Let me tell you what I am concerned about. My brother was one of the lawyers who recently took the Habeus Corpus case to the Supreme Court. This was where the CIA was locking up "bad guys" in Guantanamo without telling us their names or their crimes. Why? Because our "allies", countries run by despots and tyrants, were cleaning house of political opponents and sending them to Guantanamo. They couldn't tell their names or charges because it would be an outrage. You still don't know them because they were discreetly released and sent abroad as a result of that trial. So when the CIA helps some despot take a peon, toss them in the dungeon and throw away the key without so much as telling us why, then yes, I see that as unrighteous. I do empathize. Sorry if I don't have empathy for some billionaire 4F who insults POWs and families of those KIA, who stiffs common workers, sues everyone he can think of, and is surrounded by thugs and scam artists.
I hope you feel better now.

And how many wrongs does it take to make it all right?

So . . . since all politicians are crooks and liars, even draft dodgers like Clinton and Trump, we need endless Special Prosecutors to undermine our duly elected Presidents. So there's nothing wrong with a deep state coup d'etat because Trump was a draft dodger? Now I get it!

There's just way too many generalizations here to make a decent case. Like Trump insults POW's and GoldStar families. No, he pushed back on one of each. Obviously if Trump hated the military like the Dems do, they would not support Trump. Obviously if McCain was not integral to the Russian Hoax, Trump would not have punched back at him either. Obviously if that one Muslim GoldStar dad had not spoken against Trump at the DNC, he would have been off limits.

Your post is so indicative of identity politics. Talk about drugs coming across the border, and Trump must be an evil racist and xenophobe. Talk about Trump's 4F deferment, and he is disqualified from the office. But how many other politicians had deferments? Hush! Don't talk about that! And Trump "stiffs" workers, but let's not talk about other Politicians who never ran a business in their life, or talk about all the workers who had jobs because of Trump. Must we then elect ones like AOC who has no record at all except bartending?

ZNP, too many tangents to reply to here. And I have no interest in discussing your family, lest I run the risk of insulting any of them. I'm sure they are all wonderful people. Let's not make this personal.

Remember for me it's all about policy. And justice. All the men of the Bible were seriously flawed sinners, but I still love them because of their message. I support Trump because I believe in his policies, not because he kisses babies. This media has put all of Trump's warts under the microscope, but never get the impression that other politicians were better because there was no microscope.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:37 AM   #5511
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
It is good to be outside of the system, you are less compromised. But this is like fighting for the heavyweight title, you better be well trained.

AOC and Omar are idiots. They think that they alone are right and everyone else is wrong, everyone else is compromised, so they alone can speak the hard truths.

So AOC would have tens of thousands of Americans lose their jobs for her green plan which will not be a solution to anything. They don't deny it isn't a solution, yet she justifies it by saying "at least I want to do something". Fine, if that is how she feels she should be the first one to lose her job.

Omar is very clearly biased against Jews. She may not be "anti semitic" but instead of simply focusing on the law and trying to move US policy away from strongly supporting Israel, which is our ally, she chose instead to cast aspersions on virtually everyone in the US. If you do that you have no right to complain when they do it to you.

This is why I say they are idiots. They have stepped into the ring with heavyweights and made idiotic mistakes.
Yes they are idealistic idiots. But they hold office and unlike you and me they wield power. And therefore they are forces to be dealt with.

And they will be dealt with. AIPAC will see to it by lining the pockets of the heavyweights. They're after those 3 stooges : AOC Omar, and the other Muslim congresswoman. If they're against Jews, Jews are against them.

And we know what the Jews are capable of. Just look at what they are doing to the Palestinians. Read your Bible. It's not uncommon for the Jews to be on the wrong side of God. Most of the Jews today are of the synagogue of Satan ... if Revelation holds true.
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:00 PM   #5512
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Remember for me it's all about policy.
Fine. The policy is moving forward from a world ruled by emperor's with the divine right to a constitutional democracy with an electorate that is educated, informed and led by their conscience. We are obviously somewhere between these two ends on a bridge. If you look where we started you can see that we have come a very long way indeed, on the other hand if you look at where we are headed we still have a long way to go.

However, the way is very clear -- Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No one arrives there but by Him. If he was unjustly tried, then we should not expect anything different.

Yes, our presidents do not meet the standard, but they still need to be given the first chance. Just like David, the father let all the other sons appear before Samuel first, only after they had been given every chance did he bring in David.

If Trump is claiming to clean up the situation, then I am all for that. It is a very bold and ambitious claim. If it turns out he is completely incapable of cleaning up the situation it demonstrates that he was arrogant and a fool. You cannot run for office on a platform that the situation is corrupt and needs to be cleaned up ("drain the swamp") and then when you are elected complain that the situation is corrupt. I agree completely that the situation is corrupt. I agree completely that it needs to be cleaned up. I think I am the only one on this forum who has claimed 911 was an inside job. So as corrupt as you might claim it is, I obviously feel it is more corrupt. I blame the CIA for Fake news since 1977, so there is nothing new there. I blame the CIA for JFK's assassination and the coup d'etat. Now I can see a reasonable basis for debate 40 years ago, but not today. Documents have since been declassified from Nixon's administration which prove this was the case and they explain why Nixon had to resign rather than let his henchman take the fall.

The only value I see in what has happened with Trump is that the situation is becoming clearer for many more people to see.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:45 PM   #5513
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
If Trump is claiming to clean up the situation, then I am all for that. It is a very bold and ambitious claim. If it turns out he is completely incapable of cleaning up the situation it demonstrates that he was arrogant and a fool.
I cannot believe a learned man can say something like this. How many in history have only pointed us in the right direction, unable to move the masses one inch. Do we call them arrogant fools? For example, JFK was the first to see the dangers of Deep State, after watching the CIA show him up at the Bay of Pigs. Did history condemn him as an arrogant fool for attempting to bring the CIA under control? Yet his death has awakened many.
Quote:
You cannot run for office on a platform that the situation is corrupt and needs to be cleaned up ("drain the swamp") and then when you are elected complain that the situation is corrupt. I agree completely that the situation is corrupt. I agree completely that it needs to be cleaned up.
Trump was elected to fill Scalia's seat. Even you have agreed to that. Some have said that in two years Trump has accomplished an incredible amount. Just look at the courts. Thank you Harry Reid!

When I look at what has happened in the DOJ and the FBI, turning over entrenched Progressives, replacing them with honest constitutional professionals, I am amazed what he has done so far. We may yet see justice for Clinton, Comey, Lynch, McCabe, Baker, Strzok, and others. At this point we don't know who will face justice. How could Trump ever foresee what he was up against, until the players played their cards? How could Trump know that Sessions would be deceived into recusing himself, thus permitting the "Insurance Policy" to be exercised? Having never waded thru the swamp, how could Trump know how deep it was?

Trump moved the embassy to Jerusalem. Reduced red tape regulations. The US is energy independent! I could go on and on. In my mind Trump's biggest accomplishments are what he has actually done, after only hearing endless promises from other Presidents.
Quote:
I think I am the only one on this forum who has claimed 911 was an inside job. So as corrupt as you might claim it is, I obviously feel it is more corrupt.
My wife and brother told me that for years, long before you did. But you added detail. Nice job. I should have listened to my brother about the Bush's too. You helped there too.
Quote:
I blame the CIA for Fake news since 1977, so there is nothing new there. I blame the CIA for JFK's assassination and the coup d'etat. Now I can see a reasonable basis for debate 40 years ago, but not today. Documents have since been declassified from Nixon's administration which prove this was the case and they explain why Nixon had to resign rather than let his henchman take the fall.
Fake News seemed to effect only certain news stories because the facts were hidden from the Press. Watergate became news because Mark Felt got slighted by Nixon, otherwise we would never have lived thru it. Maybe Trump is still alive based on what was learned from the Kennedy's deaths.
Quote:
The only value I see in what has happened with Trump is that the situation is becoming clearer for many more people to see.
And with this comment, we can both agree.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:43 AM   #5514
zeek
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,078
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Yes they are idealistic idiots. But they hold office and unlike you and me they wield power. And therefore they are forces to be dealt with.

And they will be dealt with. AIPAC will see to it by lining the pockets of the heavyweights. They're after those 3 stooges : AOC Omar, and the other Muslim congresswoman. If they're against Jews, Jews are against them.

And we know what the Jews are capable of. Just look at what they are doing to the Palestinians. Read your Bible. It's not uncommon for the Jews to be on the wrong side of God. Most of the Jews today are of the synagogue of Satan ... if Revelation holds true.
...said the Serpent with one fork of his tongue.
__________________

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86


zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:16 AM   #5515
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
...said the Serpent with one fork of his tongue.
Well Mel Porter did tell the saints to stay away from me because, I was a serpent that would bite them and poison them. Your post reveals that, you clearly were one that he told. So ... I've been a serpent for a long time ... but maybe lost that epithet when Mel passed (RIP) epitaph : Naming of Serpents.

But it did make me bust out laughing. Thanks for that. Ur a peach. You've been bitten ... er ah, wormed.
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:37 PM   #5516
zeek
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,078
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Well Mel Porter did tell the saints to stay away from me because, I was a serpent that would bite them and poison them. Your post reveals that, you clearly were one that he told. So ... I've been a serpent for a long time ... but maybe lost that epithet when Mel passed (RIP) epitaph : Naming of Serpents.

But it did make me bust out laughing. Thanks for that. Ur a peach. You've been bitten ... er ah, wormed.
You went deep on that one bro. I thought you would merely find it funny. I must have struck a nerve. I was referring to what I thought was your use of irony and reductio ad absurdum in the post I was responding to. Maybe I was mistaken and you really believe all you said.
__________________

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86


zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:42 PM   #5517
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
You went deep on that one bro. I must have struck a nerve. I was referring to what I thought was your use of irony and reductio ad absurdum. Maybe I was mistaken and you really believe all you said.
More the latter, than former. AIPAC is gunning for them. And history of modern Israel reveals they can be ruthless.
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:42 AM   #5518
zeek
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,078
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
More the latter, than former. AIPAC is gunning for them. And history of modern Israel reveals they can be ruthless.
Let's not forget that you called the congresswomen "idiots" and "stooges" for making essentially the same observations and claimed they were against the Jews. Are those criticisms better, smarter or truer when they come from you? Or are you an idiot, stooge and against the Jews too? Porter's gone. There's nobody here but us chickens.
__________________

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86


zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #5519
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Let's not forget that you called the congresswomen "idiots" and "stooges" for making essentially the same observations and claimed they were against the Jews. Are those criticisms better, smarter or truer when they come from you? Or are you an idiot, stooge and against the Jews too? Porter's gone. There's nobody here but us chickens.
I like them. But it's hard so far but to conclude that they are young and idealistic ... therefore idiots by that standard. Sorry if I offended your sensibilities for them.
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #5520
zeek
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,078
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
I like them. But it's hard so far but to conclude that they are young and idealistic ... therefore idiots by that standard. Sorry if I offended your sensibilities for them.
Yeah I couldn't follow a few stitches in your tapestry of self-contradiction. Should I have known immediately that you liked the congresswomen when you called them idiots and stooges? Based on what they've said so far I don't agree that those congresswomen are against the Jews. I mean is anybody that criticizes America against it? Maybe they're trying to help by criticizing to call for improvement. Why then would the fact that someone criticized Israel and the AIPAC mean they're against the Jews? Or were you just doing your surreptitious worming thing. Sometimes I can't tell.
__________________

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86


zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #5521
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Yeah I couldn't follow a few stitches in your tapestry of self-contradiction. Should I have known immediately that you liked the congresswomen when you called them idiots and stooges? Based on what they've said so far I don't agree that those congresswomen are against the Jews. I mean is anybody that criticizes America against it? Maybe they're trying to help by criticizing to call for improvement. Why then would the fact that someone criticized Israel and the AIPAC mean they're against the Jews? Or were you just doing your surreptitious worming thing. Sometimes I can't tell.
No worming, at least concerning this. As I have seen it, bringing up anything that Israel is doing wrong, is defended by branding it anti-semitic.

And as far as I can determine they're just calling for equal human rights for all, including the Palestinians. But to speak for the Palestinians is considered to be speaking against Israel. It's interesting that it's seen that way, it indicates that what Israel is doing is wrong.

Israel is willing to use the Torah to claim the land, but they look away when the Torah tells the to love their neighbor.
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:38 PM   #5522
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
No worming, at least concerning this. As I have seen it, bringing up anything that Israel is doing wrong, is defended by branding it anti-semitic.

And as far as I can determine they're just calling for equal human rights for all, including the Palestinians. But to speak for the Palestinians is considered to be speaking against Israel. It's interesting that it's seen that way, it indicates that what Israel is doing is wrong.

Israel is willing to use the Torah to claim the land, but they look away when the Torah tells the to love their neighbor.
Equal rights for all? Why is it that Palestine provides no jobs for Israelis, yet Israel provides so many jobs to them?

Why is it that Palestine allows Hamas to use their homes to shoot rockets at Israel?

Why is it that the only jobs in Palestine are digging tunnels to attack Israel?

You sure have a crooked sense of justice. The Torah never commanded them to invite their enemies to rape their wives and kill their children. The Palestinians who act like real neighbors, get treated very well by Israel. Unfortunately, their own people kill them for acting like neighbors.

Awareness, you are a victim of Palestinian propaganda. So sad. It would be better for you to remain neutral towards Israel, than to side with Palestine.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:18 AM   #5523
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Equal rights for all? Why is it that Palestine provides no jobs for Israelis, yet Israel provides so many jobs to them?

Why is it that Palestine allows Hamas to use their homes to shoot rockets at Israel?

Why is it that the only jobs in Palestine are digging tunnels to attack Israel?

You sure have a crooked sense of justice. The Torah never commanded them to invite their enemies to rape their wives and kill their children. The Palestinians who act like real neighbors, get treated very well by Israel. Unfortunately, their own people kill them for acting like neighbors.

Awareness, you are a victim of Palestinian propaganda. So sad. It would be better for you to remain neutral towards Israel, than to side with Palestine.
Yeah, love your neighbor. Trap them in in Gaza, and pluck them off at will, even killing children. That's the way to treat them neighborly.

That's not propaganda. And by the way, you prove my point. Say something for the Palestinians and you are against Israel. I don't know, but, you must be a Christian Zionist.

And I'm for both the Palestinians and Israel. There's wrong on both sides, but who has the overwhelming power? and who is the underdog?
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:20 AM   #5524
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Yeah, love your neighbor. Trap them in in Gaza, and pluck them off at will, even killing children. That's the way to treat them neighborly.

That's not propaganda. And by the way, you prove my point. Say something for the Palestinians and you are against Israel. I don't know, but, you must be a Christian Zionist.

And I'm for both the Palestinians and Israel. There's wrong on both sides, but who has the overwhelming power? and who is the underdog?
It's Israel who is trapped behind walls. Walls they had to build to keep murdering animals out. But the walls have doors for good people.

The Palestinians are connected to 2 Billion Muslims who hate Israel, and who have vowed to exterminate them all. The U.N. is filled with Muslam countries, and is very anti-Israel. So I would say that Muslams have all the power. Israel is just a spec on the map surrounded by a sea of enemies.

Palestine belongs to Israel because they had it for thousands of years. The Gaza Muslams are occupying their land just as Istanbul Muslams are occupying Constantinople in Asia Minor, the long-time center of Orthodox Christianity. Today Muslams are illegally occupying all the Bible lands once owned by Christians. They stole the lands and murdered its occupants. Case in point was the Turkish genocide of Armenia, the first Christian country.

The real truth is that Muslams have long been eliminating Jews and Christians all over the Mideast, Africa, and Asia. They are a slaughtering people, forcing their captives to convert or be killed. These murders regularly occur in Egypt, Pakistan, Syria, Nigeria, Indonesia, etc. Nearly every Muslam country murders Jews and Christians. Their only hope is to trust in God.

I would suggest you read a little world history before you make naive comments on this forum. Skip the propaganda sections in the MSM.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:55 AM   #5525
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Yeah, love your neighbor. Trap them in in Gaza, and pluck them off at will, even killing children. That's the way to treat them neighborly.

That's not propaganda. And by the way, you prove my point. Say something for the Palestinians and you are against Israel. I don't know, but, you must be a Christian Zionist.

And I'm for both the Palestinians and Israel. There's wrong on both sides, but who has the overwhelming power? and who is the underdog?
In 1948 the Palestinians could have made a wonderful peace treaty in which they completely shared Israel as equals. Instead they chose to fight. It seemed at the time that Israel would not have a chance. All the way to 1967 the Palestinians seemed to have an overwhelming position, Israel surrounded by enemies more powerful than them. The Palestinians should have chosen to be reconciled, but they chose violence.

Today Israel is in the overwhelming position, this is the best opportunity for them to have a negotiated reconciliation, but instead they have taken the same route as the Palestinians. To be fully fair to the Israelis they could point out that if they did negotiate peace there would still be terrorists who were not happy with the outcome. But the Palestinians were in that same boat in 1948.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #5526
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
In 1948 the Palestinians could have made a wonderful peace treaty in which they completely shared Israel as equals. Instead they chose to fight. It seemed at the time that Israel would not have a chance. All the way to 1967 the Palestinians seemed to have an overwhelming position, Israel surrounded by enemies more powerful than them. The Palestinians should have chosen to be reconciled, but they chose violence.

Today Israel is in the overwhelming position, this is the best opportunity for them to have a negotiated reconciliation, but instead they have taken the same route as the Palestinians. To be fully fair to the Israelis they could point out that if they did negotiate peace there would still be terrorists who were not happy with the outcome. But the Palestinians were in that same boat in 1948.
Had they "shared their country" as you suggest, they would now have rocket launchers on the balconies in Tel Aviv.

If there is one lesson that Israel has learned during her long history, it's that there can be no negotiations with terrorists. The PLO was a terrorist organization only to be replaced by Hamas, something far worse. Where is the condemnation on Iran for being the worst state sponsor of terror? Today Lebanon, Syria, Gaza, and the West Bank are not run by Palestinians, but by the Ayatollah of Iran.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #5527
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
It's Israel who is trapped behind walls. Walls they had to build to keep murdering animals out. But the walls have doors for good people.

The Palestinians are connected to 2 Billion Muslims who hate Israel, and who have vowed to exterminate them all. The U.N. is filled with Muslam countries, and is very anti-Israel. So I would say that Muslams have all the power. Israel is just a spec on the map surrounded by a sea of enemies.
Then I guess you are happy that we have made Israel one of the most powerful nations in the world, even letting them have nukes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio
Palestine belongs to Israel because they had it for thousands of years.
No, before the British Mandate the Palestinians were there for 900 years. More than once I've showed the maps of Israel taking more and more land since 1948. As I stated, they follow their Torah to claim the land, but ignore the Torah when it says love God and your neighbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio
The Gaza Muslams are occupying their land just as Istanbul Muslams are occupying Constantinople in Asia Minor, the long-time center of Orthodox Christianity. Today Muslams are illegally occupying all the Bible lands once owned by Christians. They stole the lands and murdered its occupants. Case in point was the Turkish genocide of Armenia, the first Christian country.
There's not one bad side and one good side. Both sides have both. If all 1.2 billion Muslims were bad we, and Israel, would be in big trouble. Not all Muslims are bad, and not all Jews are good ... and neither are all Christians, so called.
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #5528
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Then I guess you are happy that we have made Israel one of the most powerful nations in the world, even letting them have nukes.
Happy? False conclusion. As usual.

I long for the day coming soon when all nukes will be gone, eliminated by the King of kings.
Quote:
No, before the British Mandate the Palestinians were there for 900 years. More than once I've showed the maps of Israel taking more and more land since 1948. As I stated, they follow their Torah to claim the land, but ignore the Torah when it says love God and your neighbor.
The Palestinian Muslams stole the land of Israel by slaughtering her original inhabitants. They even build their Mosques on the ruins of her Temple.

Sorry bro, but you never seem to mention all the good that Israel does for the Palestinians. You ought to read those stories too. But you won't find these stories in your British rags, like Daily Mail.

Since you don't like the way Jacksonian Democrats drove Native Indians from their lands, you should be doubly upset with what these Muslams did to the original inhabitants of Judea and Jerusalem.
Quote:
There's not one bad side and one good side. Both sides have both. If all 1.2 billion Muslims were bad we, and Israel, would be in big trouble. Not all Muslims are bad, and not all Jews are good ... and neither are all Christians, so called.
If I break into your house and attack you, and you then beat me up, are we now both bad?

Ever hear of something called the right of self-defense?
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #5529
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Had they "shared their country" as you suggest, they would now have rocket launchers on the balconies in Tel Aviv.

If there is one lesson that Israel has learned during her long history, it's that there can be no negotiations with terrorists. The PLO was a terrorist organization only to be replaced by Hamas, something far worse. Where is the condemnation on Iran for being the worst state sponsor of terror? Today Lebanon, Syria, Gaza, and the West Bank are not run by Palestinians, but by the Ayatollah of Iran.
The PLO does not represent all Palestinians and did not exist in 1948. It was founded in 1964. The use of terrorism didn't begin until it was clear they were not going to overpower Israel.

When the Jews were given Israel by the UN there was no mention of kicking out the inhabitants or making them non citizens. Allowing everyone to continue living there as citizens was an option, it could have happened and had they known the way of peace they might have avoided 70+ years of war, terrorism, and bloodshed. However, the choice for war was first made by the Palestinians who did not want to share the land with the Jews.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #5530
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
The PLO does not represent all Palestinians and did not exist in 1948. It was founded in 1964. The use of terrorism didn't begin until it was clear they were not going to overpower Israel.

When the Jews were given Israel by the UN there was no mention of kicking out the inhabitants or making them non citizens. Allowing everyone to continue living there as citizens was an option, it could have happened and had they known the way of peace they might have avoided 70+ years of war, terrorism, and bloodshed. However, the choice for war was first made by the Palestinians who did not want to share the land with the Jews.
Exactly. Proving that Israel was never given the opportunity for peace. Their only chance for peace was to all die, as they did in Poland at Nazi furnaces.

Terrorism existed in Israel long before Yes Sir Arafat came along with the PLO. There have been insiders working with foreign powers since the days of the first Zionist Kibbutzim early in the 20th century.

Go read the whole story please.

And Israel has every right to build their new temple on the site of the original temple.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:36 PM   #5531
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Exactly. Proving that Israel was never given the opportunity for peace. Their only chance for peace was to all die, as they did in Poland at Nazi furnaces.

Terrorism existed in Israel long before Yes Sir Arafat came along with the PLO. There have been insiders working with foreign powers since the days of the first Zionist Kibbutzim early in the 20th century.

Go read the whole story please.

And Israel has every right to build their new temple on the site of the original temple.
You are obviously confusing me with someone else.

However, I disagree with the idea that they were "never given an opportunity for peace". Peacemakers are likened to "sons of God". It is a very difficult thing to do, just ask Nelson Mandela. They have an opportunity today for peace.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:37 PM   #5532
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

The Siena College poll of registered voters in New York state found that 67 percent of those surveyed said the internet retailer's decision last month was detrimental to New York.

AOC does not speak for New Yorkers. Let this marinate for another year and let's see if anyone votes for her again.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:17 PM   #5533
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
You are obviously confusing me with someone else.

However, I disagree with the idea that they were "never given an opportunity for peace". Peacemakers are likened to "sons of God". It is a very difficult thing to do, just ask Nelson Mandela. They have an opportunity today for peace.
Perhaps you are mistaken to believe that all such "peace" is of God?

The peacemakers in Matt 5 are likened to "sons of God," that is true. This message is to the church, to us as brothers of our heavenly Father.

But His message to Israel in not the same, especially with those sworn to destroy them. Israel abides by the Law and the Prophets. We abide by the Gospels and the Epistles.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:19 PM   #5534
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
The Siena College poll of registered voters in New York state found that 67 percent of those surveyed said the internet retailer's decision last month was detrimental to New York.

AOC does not speak for New Yorkers. Let this marinate for another year and let's see if anyone votes for her again.
Perhaps AOC now only cares that she speaks for Millennial Socialists.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #5535
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Perhaps AOC now only cares that she speaks for Millennial Socialists.
Well let's see if NY continues to pay for her to speak for them at the next election.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:54 PM   #5536
zeek
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,078
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Meanwhile in the demon-haunted world...

http://deadstate.org/pat-robertson-y...rses-upon-you/
__________________

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86


zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:33 PM   #5537
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Meanwhile in the demon haunted world...

http://deadstate.org/pat-robertson-y...rses-upon-you/
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Article
“But nevertheless, a statue of a false god in your garden — I don’t think that’s appropriate,” Robertson said. “Yes, it’ll bring curses upon you, alright?”
Robertson is either ignorant or his religious prejudices have gotten the better of him. Buddha never claimed to be a god. Buddha wasn't a Jesus, a Savior figure, or anything like that.

In fact, he's wasn't even smart. It took him 30 odd years to realize that life is a suffering. Other than that, I think Jesus and Siddhārtha Gautama would get along just fine. And ironically some Buddhists act more Christian than some fanatic self righteous Christians ... of which, from what I've seen out of Robertson over the years, includes him.
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:45 AM   #5538
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Here is a sample of the LCM teaching on politics and the church:




According to Nee the Bible teaches that it is wrong for a Christian to hold political office. So, professing Christians should not run for or hold public office or work for the government. The business of government should be left to unbelievers.

I worked for the State of Florida for 37 years. It never occurred to me that I was acting unchristian. How about that?
Robertson is either ignorant or his religious prejudices have gotten the better of him. Buddha never claimed to be a god. Buddha wasn't a Jesus, a Savior figure, or anything like that. -- Awareness referencing Post by Zeek

I thought this thread was about the NT teaching concerning Christians working in government. If the thread is about what it means to "Act unchristian" shouldn't that be a different thread? What does Robertson's views on idolatry have to do with this thread?
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:59 AM   #5539
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Robertson is either ignorant or his religious prejudices have gotten the better of him. Buddha never claimed to be a god. Buddha wasn't a Jesus, a Savior figure, or anything like that.

In fact, he's wasn't even smart. It took him 30 odd years to realize that life is a suffering. Other than that, I think Jesus and Siddhārtha Gautama would get along just fine. And ironically some Buddhists act more Christian than some fanatic self righteous Christians ... of which, from what I've seen out of Robertson over the years, includes him.
Never thought I would see "Christians" standing up for Buddha idols.

I guess that's what we get when some posters love to read their anti-Christian rags.

And "some Buddhists act more Christian ..." awareness, have you really made this your life goal -- to point out Christian "bad behavior?"

Being a Christian is to acknowledge your own bad behavior.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:19 AM   #5540
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Never thought I would see "Christians" standing up for Buddha idols.

I guess that's what we get when some posters love to read their anti-Christian rags.

And "some Buddhists act more Christian ..." awareness, have you really made this your life goal -- to point out Christian "bad behavior?"

Being a Christian is to acknowledge your own bad behavior.
You talk like all Christians are perfect. Or, they can sin, confess, do it again and confess, do it again and confess, over and over again.

You speak like a true Catholic. But aren't they 50% dreaded liberals?
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:37 AM   #5541
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
You talk like all Christians are perfect. Or, they can sin, confess, do it again and confess, do it again and confess, over and over again.

You speak like a true Catholic.
You talk like non Christians are "better Christians"?!
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:12 AM   #5542
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,069
Default Re: Politics and the Church

BREAKING NEWS: Trump says U.S. should recognize Golan Heights as part of Israel as Netanyahu accuses Iran of trying to set up terror network there — and prepares for White House visit Monday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-Israel.html
__________________

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:11 PM   #5543
zeek
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,078
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Pompeo suggests God sent Trump to save Israel
"As a Christian, I certainly believe that's possible," the secretary of state said when asked whether the president had an explicitly divine mission. "I am confident that the Lord is at work here."

Trump's recognition of Israel's Sovereignty over the Golan Heights was a smart political move since the largest constituency of his base are white Evangelical Christians who favor Zionism because of the way they read Bible prophesies.


https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...israel-n986136
__________________

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86


zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:25 AM   #5544
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Mexicans Are Stealing Border Wall Materials, Using Them For Home Security

This doesn't make sense, if Mexico is paying for the wall how can this be stealing?
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:33 AM   #5545
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Pompeo suggests God sent Trump to save Israel
"As a Christian, I certainly believe that's possible," the secretary of state said when asked whether the president had an explicitly divine mission. "I am confident that the Lord is at work here."
One thing that continually amazes me about Trump is that all the opposition only deepens his resolve to stay true to his convictions. All recent Presidents (Clinton, Bush, Obama) gave lip service to their support of Israel, e.g. moving our Embassy to Jerusalem, only to wilt when faced with the actual decision.

Quote:
Trump's recognition of Israel's Sovereignty over the Golan Heights was a smart political move since the largest constituency of his base are white Evangelical Christians who favor Zionism because of the way they read Bible prophesies.
Once again zeek puts himself at odds with Evangelical Christians, going so far as to suggest that support for Trump is racially motivated.

I would suggest to the contrary, that Evangelical Christian support for Trump is based on his policies. Evangelical Christians, like myself, were highly skeptical of Trump's conservatism until he put forth his source list for SCOTUS nominations. Never have I seen a President (since Ronald Reagan) fight so hard for the security and safety of the American people, especially at the Southern border.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:05 AM   #5546
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
One thing that continually amazes me about Trump is that all the opposition only deepens his resolve to stay true to his convictions. All recent Presidents (Clinton, Bush, Obama) gave lip service to their support of Israel, e.g. moving our Embassy to Jerusalem, only to wilt when faced with the actual decision.
That is an accurate assessment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Once again zeek puts himself at odds with Evangelical Christians, going so far as to suggest that support for Trump is racially motivated.

I would suggest to the contrary, that Evangelical Christian support for Trump is based on his policies. Evangelical Christians, like myself, were highly skeptical of Trump's conservatism until he put forth his source list for SCOTUS nominations. Never have I seen a President (since Ronald Reagan) fight so hard for the security and safety of the American people, especially at the Southern border.
I also found it shocking to think that only now, with Trump, are Evangelical Christians being represented even though they represent the single biggest block of voters in this country. The assertion that there is something wrong with a very large block of voters being represented in a democracy is an astounding assertion from Zeek.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM   #5547
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 11,092
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
I also found it shocking to think that only now, with Trump, are Evangelical Christians being represented even though they represent the single biggest block of voters in this country. The assertion that there is something wrong with a very large block of voters being represented in a democracy is an astounding assertion from Zeek.
I find the continual media claim that "Trump is dividing the country" to be both laughable and disingenuous.

This single most divisive issue of this generation is the Democrats unceasing support for unlimited abortions. The new Chair of the DNC Perez even stated their Party would never again support a pro-life candidate. It is the protection of the most vulnerable members of society that divides us.

Since Roe was thrust upon us, I have never nor would I ever vote for a Democratic candidate, regardless of how qualified he/she was, or how bad the Republican candidate was. It's all about principle for me, and if the slaughter of the unborn doesn't bother a candidate, that's quite telling to me about his/her character. In this regard I am definitely not alone.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM   #5548
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,655
Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I find the continual media claim that "Trump is dividing the country" to be both laughable and disingenuous.

This single most divisive issue of this generation is the Democrats unceasing support for unlimited abortions. The new Chair of the DNC Perez even stated their Party would never again support a pro-life candidate. It is the protection of the most vulnerable members of society that divides us.

Since Roe was thrust upon us, I have never nor would I ever vote for a Democratic candidate, regardless of how qualified he/she was, or how bad the Republican candidate was. It's all about principle for me, and if the slaughter of the unborn doesn't bother a candidate, that's quite telling to me about his/her character. In this regard I am definitely not alone.
I agree with this.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:00 AM.


3.8.9