Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Spiritual Abuse Titles

Spiritual Abuse Titles Spiritual abuse is the mistreatment of a person who is in need of help, support or greater spiritual empowerment, with the result of weakening, undermining or decreasing that person's spiritual empowerment.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default The Bondage Breaker, by Neil T. Anderson

This book was the beginning for me to understand what happened to me and to renew my walk with Christ alone.

This link http://www.ficm.org/newsite/index.php?command=faqs will take you to a page of frequently asked questions regarding the topics Neil Anderson covers. His message is Freedom in Christ.

I'm going to provide excerpts to some of his FAQ's here.

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Should You Focus So Much on Demons?

It's not that we are focusing on demons as much as we are bringing light to the truth. We believe we are moving the Church toward a more biblical worldview which openly acknowledges and addresses spiritual realities. One of the major problems that has led to the ineffectiveness of the Church today is the adoption of a western worldview which ignores, on a functional level, much of what the Scriptures teach about spiritual realities. Categorizing our problems under the labels "The World," "The Flesh," and "The Devil" is a little deceiving because it tends to give the impression that they operate independently from each other. According to Genesis 1-6, if it weren't for Satan, the world and the flesh wouldn't be problems for us.

...we must take seriously the spiritual dimension of our struggles if we are to win in the battle against the flesh and the world.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default If Satan can get you to believe a lie, he can control your life.

A true Biblical worldview presents all of creation locked in spiritual conflict that extends from Genesis to Revelation. As believers, we are aligned with God against the "god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:4). We have been transferred from the "domain of darkness" to the "kingdom of His beloved Son" (Colossians 1:13). In this battle for the heavenly places, the Church is God's method for extending His kingdom and as such is Satan's prime target (see Ephesians 1:3,20; 2:6; 3:10; 6:12). The entire book of Ephesians teaches that as believers we already have everything we need to experience spiritual resources through faith and obedience in the power of the Holy Spirit. Spiritual defeat is still a real possibility for believers who still live like unbelievers (see Ephesians 4:17-32).

We are clearly told that "our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12). Therefore, Paul teaches it is our responsibility to put on the armor of God, to stand firm and to resist the powers of evil (see Ephesians 6:10-18). Peter calls the devil "your adversary" and warns believers of his intention to devour them (see 1 Peter 5:7,8). ...

We are told to submit to God and resist the devil and that he will flee from us (see James 4:7). What happens to believers if they don't obey God's Word and choose to resist the devil? All these passages imply dire consequences for believers who ignore Satan, pretend he doesn't exist or fail to stand firm in their faith.

If Satan can get you to believe a lie, he can control your life. We have been clearly warned: "The Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons" (1 Timothy 4:1). ...
Old 08-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
YP0534

Default Case in point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
We believe we are moving the Church toward a more biblical worldview which openly acknowledges and addresses spiritual realities.
That, my friends, is "Universal Church" if I ever heard it...
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #5
PriestlyScribe

Default Re: If Satan can get you to believe a lie, he can control your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
If Satan can get you to believe a lie, he can control your life. We have been clearly warned: "The Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons" (1 Timothy 4:1). ...
Nell, I feel that I could contribute somewhat to this older thread. Would anyone care to explore which key areas of the "local church life" might have been the most attractive targets for the lies of satan to seek a home base?

P.S.

www.CenturyOfSelf.com
Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we faint not; but we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. [2 Cor 4:1-2 ASV] - Our YouTube Channel - OUR WEBSITES - OUR FAVORITE SONG, ''I Abdicate''
PriestlyScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
countmeworthy

Default Re: If Satan can get you to believe a lie, he can control your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestlyScribe View Post
Nell, I feel that I could contribute somewhat to this older thread. Would anyone care to explore which key areas of the "local church life" might have been the most attractive targets for the lies of satan to seek a home base?
P.S.

www.CenturyOfSelf.com
PriestlyScribe,

Raised as a Catholic, I was taught the RCC was the 'one true church'. When I began to seek the LORD a few months before I got saved through the saints of the LC in San Diego, I laid in my bed one night and asked the Lord about the 'one true church'. I told Him I did not want to start walking with Him and as soon as things were 'good' put Him on the back burner. I wanted to be around people who truly were excited about God.....and thus I was led to the LC.

When I 'saw' we were 'THE church', my heart initially leaped with joy for I thought I had found the TRUE church. Perhaps it was 'the true church' at that time....for ME...and for most of us.

I saw a 'pureness' in the saints..be it outward or inward or both. We had brothers homes, sisters homes. We read the Word of God together. But we read from the KJ and the NASB or the ASV I think. There were no 'life study' messages for about 6 months in 1975 if I recall. But the Life Study messages changed everything in the church life.

So to answer your question: Would anyone care to explore which key areas of the "local church life" might have been the most attractive targets for the lies of satan to seek a home base ?

My answer: the church...the LC being the TRUE church...and Brother Lee the 'oracle of God'. That God may have used Brother Lee to give us all a true understanding and even the ability to live the church life close to the saints of the book of Acts, was/is amazing. I don't know of any other group of believers who experienced what we did. But that doesn't mean 'we, the LC had it RIGHT.' I think we could have, IF Brother Lee had not been soo controlling of 'his' ministry. This is what I think brought the LSM/LC down imho. We were almost FORCED to focus on every word Brother Lee spoke.

We focused less on the Word of God. We cared only for those who were following Lee's word's...not whether they were struggling in their Faith in Christ Jesus. The LC lost her First LOVE.........JESUS and replaced Him w/Brother Lee and his ministry.

As an observer and lover of the Body of Christ as well as the LORD HIMSELF, the HEAD of the church, I have come to notice how many people have relied on the pulpit to minister and teach them the Word of God. :frown: how sad. Sooo many saints put their pastors...especially TV evangelists on a high, high pedestal.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:20 PM   #7
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Warfare Prayer

I was first exposed to the ministry of Neil T. Anderson when I was attempting to free myself from the Local Church and all the nagging repercussions that entails. One of the most helpful things to me was to break ties with that organization, but also, to break ties with all the principalities and powers that made my life miserable, and frustrated my attempts to free myself from that place.

From time to time, recently in fact, I felt the need to renew my prayers for freedom from these unholy influences and powers in the air because they tend to sneak back in and begin their lies. Through the years this or similar "warfare prayer" practice has helped me immensely.

Most often, I pray for protection from unholy prayers, perhaps prayed with good intention, but end up being detrimental to me and my walk with the Lord. For example, a well meaning person may be praying that you will remain in the fellowship of the Local Church, though God may be leading you otherwise. Prayers that contradict your personal sense of God's leading often "seem" good, but in fact, may be from another source. This is not about the person praying for you, but about the spirits in the air...God's enemy. Sometimes I pray for protection from unholy prayers "just in case". I also ask the Lord to "let the good ones through"! (Right...just in case.)

If you are resistant to praying this amazingly powerful prayer, don't be surprised. God's enemy doesn't want you to be free from him, his influence, his minions and the principalities and powers of the air. The Local Church is not our enemy, though it may seem so. As you read through this prayer, you may find the very thing that is taking hold of you, your thoughts, and your frustrations in your walk with the Lord.

Just read it, and you may find yourself praying. Regardless, in reading and/or praying this prayer (just in case?) there is no harm done.

If you are not familiar with some of these terms (I wasn't) look them up.

Nell

WARFARE PRAYER TO BIND FAMILIAR SPIRITS
I take authority and come against all Familiar Spirits assigned to me, my family members, and members of the Body of Christ; all spirits of confusion, lies, depression, deception, division, discord, argument, discontent, seduction, lust, perversion and all of their kindred and underlying spirits. I bind all spirits not of the Holy Spirit.

I bind all of their physical-psychic-spiritual attacks, assignments, and operations, all of their seedings, works, plans, activities, blueprints, plots, designs, traps, wiles, and snares. I bind all curses, hexes, vexes, bewitchments, enchantments, cantrips, ligatures, and judgements of witches and warlocks.

I bind all acts of evil, sorcery, witchcraft, magic, candle magic, potion magic, white magic, black magic, voodoo, all blood pacts, blood sacrifices, and blood covenants of witchcraft. I bind all national and continental witchcraft workings and curses. I bind all demonic thoughts, threats, mental locutions, statements and ideations.

I bind all self-inflicted curses through negative confession; all curses spoken over me, my children and family members, including my family--the Body of Christ; any such curses spoken over, formed against, or directed at any of us, our marriages, families, friends and relationships in the Body of Christ. I bind all curses spoken over our possessions, our health, safety, welfare, jobs, income, our physical bodies or lives, and all that they or we are, have, or possess.

I take all of these unholy and unclean things into captivity to Christ, and by faith, call them all cancelled, made null and void, never manifested, never come to pass, destroyed at their roots and rendered of no effect. I declare all unholy and unclean things captive to Christ and to be judged, spoiled, never seeded, cast down as vain thoughts and imaginations, and broken off of our me, my spouse, children, family members, and my family in the Body of Christ ... ALL immediately, completely, permanently, and continually in captivity to Christ.

By my faith in Jesus Christ, I cut and sever all ties, bonds, cords, and soul ties. I now break their communications and supply lines and bind all reinforcements. I speak and decree upon them spiritual confusion, deafness, dumbness, blindness, incapacitation and paralysis. I throw all of their plans into continual confusion and disarray. I decree all of these things accomplished immediately, completely, permanently, and continually....ALL by my trust and faith, in Christ Jesus’ Name and for your Glory, Father.

“Father, this day I bind Satan, all territorial spirits, every principality, every power, every spirit, ruler of the darkness, and wicked spirit in high places. In the name of Jesus, I take divine authority over every familiar spirit, spirits above them, around them and below them, known or unknown. I bind them all with all their assignments against my spouse, children, family members, including my family in the Body of Christ. I bind all the evil assigned to all that we are have and possess.

Together we break loose from their operations. We break their power and communication lines. We break their supply lines. We bind all of their works and assignments at the root. May spiritual deafness, dumbness, blindness, confusion, paralysis, and incapacitation confound each and every one of them, and throw all of their plans and activities into continual confusion and disarray through the spirit of power and might of the Holy Spirit.

In the name of Jesus I bind their “watcher” agents, “ scanner’’ agents, “tracker” agents, “eavesdropper” agents and “divinatory” spirit agents and all agents which are on assignment up their chain of command. I bind them all from each other, and from my loved ones and me. I loose us all from them, along with all that we are, have, and possess.

I now decree that all that I have spoken and do now speak, has already come to pass in the realm of the Holy Spirit. I decree all of these prayers answered already in the realm of the Holy Spirit. I decree that from henceforth, the unholy spirits are unable to see, hear, or understand my moves or speech. I decree that they are unable to track me or watch my activities; and that they are turned against themselves and cannot carry out their assignments.

I bind the roots of all things these unholy spirits attempt: all assignments, blueprints, plots, plans, designs, seedings, works, and activities; all wiles, traps and snares; I take them all captive to Christ and cast them down as vain thoughts and imaginations, along with all demonic ministry to my thought life.

In the name of Jesus, I break the power of all curses, hexes, vexes, bewitchments, enchantments, spells, cantrups, ligatures, judgements of witches or warlocks, all acts of evil, magic, or witchcraft, all black magic, white magic, candle magic, potion magic, soul-ties, bindings, workings, voodoo, sorcery, blood pacts, blood sacrifices, blood covenants, animal sacrifices, and all occult practices of any kind. I bind them. I loose us from them. I break them from us. I bind them all at the roots. I decree them all made null and void. Cancelled. Never manifested, never come to pass, bound and destroyed at their roots, rendered of no effect; cast down as vain thoughts and imaginations and never seeded, judged, and spoiled, all in Christ Jesus’ Name.

Father, I pray for your protection, for me, my family, my spiritual brothers and sisters. I pray for protection from all unholy and unclean prayers by all unholy and unclean spirits.

Father, in Christ Jesus’ Name, I thank you ahead of time, for already having heard and answered these prayers ... in Christ Jesus’ Name and for Your Glory. I give you the greatest of thanks and praise, Father, that You perform Your Work on my behalf (Jer. 1:12; Job 22:28), that Your Word is absolutely true (John 17:17), and that You are not a man that You should lie (Num.23:19). Glory to You, Father, Lord Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit! Amen.

In fact, I didn't know some of these things existed. Praying all of it at one time is quite a challenge. I pray parts of it one day and more the next day. I really want to make it through the whole prayer.

Nell