Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
Ohio

Default Transferred from main forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
But we all know Americans still are struggling with the white superiority complex so that could play a part as well.
Take your pathetic PC racist bigotry back to your country and bury it.

Is this the latest defense LSM has come up with?
Old 08-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
Evangelical

Default Re: "The Matter of Gaining African-Americans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Take your pathetic PC racist bigotry back to your country and bury it.

Is this the latest defense LSM has come up with?
Surely you can't be so naive to think it is not a factor. What exactly is wrong with the LC having an "Asian face" (as Aaron put it). Or an African face etc..
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:06 AM   #3
Ohio

Quote:
Surely you can't be so naive to think it is not a factor. What exactly is wrong with the LC having an "Asian face" (as Aaron put it). Or an African face etc..
We have African Americans and people of diverse color in all our community churches. It's only in the Recovery that there is only one color.

You tell me who is more racist. Even your leaders know it. Otherwise this thread would not even exist.

And aren't you made in the self-righteous image of Witness Lee -- accusing others of exactly what you are guilty of? (Romans 2.1)
Old 08-28-2017, 01:43 AM   #4
Evangelical

Quote:
We have African Americans and people of diverse color in all our community churches. It's only in the Recovery that there is only one color.

You tell me who is more racist. Even your leaders know it. Otherwise this thread would not even exist.

And aren't you made in the self-righteous image of Witness Lee -- accusing others of exactly what you are guilty of? (Romans 2.1)
Surely you are talking about "reverse racism". Are you saying that just because the Recovery has "one color" it is racist?
What about the African American churches? Aren't they 99.9% African American?
Old 08-28-2017, 07:01 AM   #5
Ohio

Quote:
Surely you are talking about "reverse racism". Are you saying that just because the Recovery has "one color" it is racist?
The drumbeat of these constant racist accusations and hatred of the USA by Evangelical have no place on this forum.

Please take this nonsense elsewhere.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:12 AM   #6
awareness

Quote:
The drumbeat of these constant racist accusations and hatred of the USA by Evangelical have no place on this forum.

Please take this nonsense elsewhere.
And that's exactly what Untohim has done. Kudos Untohim. This is certainly a very hot topic right now. After Charlottesville there are even voices today saying our President is a racist.

But I'm not sure if we're dealing with racism here. I, for example, don't even know what Evangelical's race is. I'm Scots/Irish, with English on my mother's side. I guess that makes me white. And at war with myself.

But from what I've seen of the white race I sometimes wish I could peal my whiteness off. The white race certainly can't claim superiority.

But I'm curious. I must have missed something. Please tell me why EvanG is being accused of racism?
Old 08-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #7
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
And that's exactly what Untohim has done. Kudos Untohim. This is certainly a very hot topic right now. After Charlottesville there are even voices today saying our President is a racist.

But I'm not sure if we're dealing with racism here. I, for example, don't even know what Evangelical's race is. I'm Scots/Irish, with English on my mother's side. I guess that makes me white. And at war with myself.

But from what I've seen of the white race I sometimes wish I could peal my whiteness off. The white race certainly can't claim superiority.

But I'm curious. I must have missed something. Please tell me why EvanG is being accused of racism?
Post #112 says this, "But we all know Americans still are struggling with the white superiority complex so that could play a part as well."

Here EvanGelly takes a shot at all Americans as racists. There are dozens of reasons why I find this post so disgusting, and that's why I decided to stop visiting Alt-Views a while ago.

Your bolded post above also reeks of the same. Is any race without gross sin and wretched calamity against their fellow man? What color would you like to be? Read about their history and you will be pealing off every color of the rainbow.

Who is claiming superiority? I'm not. All races have a horrible past. The media today selectively focuses on white guilt, and you think only their past stinks. Keep reading history.

Anyways, adios friend, believe what you want. You seem to be in the vocal majority around these parts, probably because the real majority is generally silent, and possibly occupied more positively.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #8
awareness

Hey bro Ohio, thanks for coming back. I guess ZNP left too.

Quote:
Post #112 says this, "But we all know Americans still are struggling with the white superiority complex so that could play a part as well."
Okay. Thanks. But I think bro EvanG has expressed a truth. I saw it in the news in Charlottesville. Of course I don't think that's the sentiments of the majority of whites. Not these days. These days we're taking down white statues, and putting up black ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio
Here EvanGelly takes a shot at all Americans as racists. There are dozens of reasons why I find this post so disgusting, and that's why I decided to stop visiting Alt-Views a while ago.
Maybe it was a shot and maybe not. We need to hear more from EvanG to be sure.

And why, exactly, did you leave AltVs?

Quote:
Your bolded post above also reeks of the same. Is any race without gross sin and wretched calamity against their fellow man?
You are so right. None are better than the others. We're all basically the same. So there's one race. The human race. And that's the worst we can say about them all.

Quote:
What color would you like to be?
Clear would be nice.

Quote:
Read about their history and you will be pealing off every color of the rainbow.
Not much different than the monkey's ... but maybe worse.

Quote:
Who is claiming superiority? I'm not. All races have a horrible past. The media today selectively focuses on white guilt, and you think only their past stinks. Keep reading history.
Oh I've read history. That's where I learned about Manifest Destiny. Isn't that a kind of superiority?

Quote:
Anyways, adios friend,
How come you feel like running from me but I don't you? What's up with that? I don't know. I'm confused. If you run from a discussion(s) of white superiority what does that say. Does the cliché "If the shoe fits wear it" apply here? I don't know. Cuz you really haven't explained why you are running away, except to imply that you prefer a place that's more positive.

But I agree with you. White superiority is plainly just another negative trait of the white race. However, I have a college friend that thinks those of India are superior. I think it's common to other nationalities as well. In fact we have a name for it : Xenophobia.

It's a common trait among humans. Witness Lee had it toward all other Christians. So we're all familiar with it ... aren't we bro Ohio.

It's NEGATIVE ... and not a trait humans should be proud of? Should we bro Ohio?

Last edited by awareness; 08-28-2017 at 12:36 PM. Reason: aren't
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #9
zeek

Quote:
Race is a false construct. Or, to put it another way, race is socially constructed. Therefore, to deprive people of goods [material or spiritual] on the basis of race is evil. Nevertheless, why would you proselytize people on the basis of race? What difference does it make if people who identify with different ethnicities are proportionate in your group? What are you trying to accomplish? An egalitarian face to the world?

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #10
awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Race is a false construct. Or, to put it another way, race is socially constructed. Therefore, to deprive people of goods [material or spiritual] on the basis of race is evil. Nevertheless, why would you proselytize people on the basis of race? What difference does it make if people who identify with different ethnicities are proportionate in your group? What are you trying to accomplish? An egalitarian face to the world?
Maybe the local churches are primarily white -- and Chinese -- here in America because they seek to recruit the good material at white colleges and universities, and not the inferior material at black colleges and universities. I don't know. Is that their prevailing efforts?
Old 08-29-2017, 03:11 AM   #11
Evangelical

Quote:

The bible record shows that God evangelized on the basis of race (not false construct, I somewhat agree with what you said, but the culture). First the Jews, then the Gentiles except the Asians, eventually the Asians later. Acts 16:6 The Spirit of Holiness forbade them to speak the word of God in Asia. Still a few more races to go, such as the South American tribes.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:24 AM   #12
Evangelical

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post

My post was addressed to Aron who seemed to be saying that the local churches have an "Asian Face" is a problem. His posts suggest that there is somehow a problem if the local churches have an "increasingly Asian Face" as he put it.

When we start using the term "Asian Face" and such we are no longer talking about culture but about race. That sort of remark could be considered a racist remark, but I think has some truth to it. Some may notice the "Asian Face" and decide the church is not for them just because of that.

A white superiority complex is seen in American language, where Americans will use just the term "American " to refer to a white American (they probably wouldn't say British-American, for example), but use the term "Asian American" or "African American" or "Native American" to refer to those who are non-white. It is as if to say they are not true Americans because they are not white.

America also suffers from the "white savior" complex. This is the view that only America, in particular, white America, can solve the world's problems in far away lands. For example, images of white Americans feeding black orphans are commonplace and perpetuated in society and culture.

https://matadornetwork.com/change/4-...r-complex-can/

But what is interesting is Ohio's response to my statement:

He seems to have forgotten that America is full of 99-100% African American churches, and 99-100% white American churches.

He then tried say or imply that the Local Churches are racist because we are predominantly of one race:

Basically Ohio is saying that the LC is racist simply for being who they are - Asian American.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:32 AM   #13
awareness

Quote:
My post was addressed to Aron who seemed to be saying that the local churches have an "Asian Face" is a problem. His posts suggest that there is somehow a problem if the local churches have an "increasingly Asian Face" as he put it.

When we start using the term "Asian Face" and such we are no longer talking about culture but about race. That sort of remark could be considered a racist remark, but I think has some truth to it. Some may notice the "Asian Face" and decide the church is not for them just because of that.

A white superiority complex is seen in American language, where Americans will use just the term "American " to refer to a white American (they probably wouldn't say British-American, for example), but use the term "Asian American" or "African American" or "Native American" to refer to those who are non-white. It is as if to say they are not true Americans because they are not white.

America also suffers from the "white savior" complex. This is the view that only America, in particular, white America, can solve the world's problems in far away lands. For example, images of white Americans feeding black orphans are commonplace and perpetuated in society and culture.

https://matadornetwork.com/change/4-...r-complex-can/

But what is interesting is Ohio's response to my statement:

He seems to have forgotten that America is full of 99-100% African American churches, and 99-100% white American churches.

He then tried say or imply that the Local Churches are racist because we are predominantly of one race:

Basically Ohio is saying that the LC is racist simply for being who they are - Asian American.
I get what you are saying EvanG. My only criteria of if the local church is racist is if the leadership is primarily recruiting from white colleges.

I've been out of the LC a long time and don't know if this is true or not. But if they aren't also recruiting from black colleges then they are racists.

I don't see this as surprising from Christendom. I was raised in the Southern Baptist, that was formed in the 19th c. in support of slavery.

And I have extended family, Baptists, that claim America is being judged because it's not keeping the law of Ham, and keeping the blacks as slaves. BTW, I still love the racists in my family, as I loved my unapologetic racist father. Kentucky is a racist state, overall. Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States, was born just a few counties from mine.

Clearly the Bible and Jesus doesn't cure racism in human nature.

However, just because you mention white superiority doesn't make you a racist. (BTW, we're color blind on this forum, so if I may ask, what race are you?)

So I still don't understand the claim that you are racist. Our dear brother Ohio has run away and so isn't here to explain the claim.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:22 PM   #14
zeek

Quote:
The bible record shows that God evangelized on the basis of race (not false construct, I somewhat agree with what you said, but the culture).
It's always humans that evangelize is it not? In any case, we are all of the race of Adam according to the Bible. The Biblical authors were all pre-scientific by at least 1500 years. They don't make a distinction between the biological and the cultural as far as race is concerned. That differentiation comes much later, in the modern era, as a matter of fact.

Quote:
First the Jews, then the Gentiles except the Asians, eventually the Asians later. Acts 16:6 The Spirit of Holiness forbade them to speak the word of God in Asia. Still a few more races to go, such as the South American tribes.
Acts 16:6 is apparently a reference to Asia Minor or modern day Turkey. You make a broad inference that even WL doesn't venture in his "Recovery Verson". But, the Asia mentioned there could not be Asia Minor in general, for Galatia, Phrygia, Pisidia, Lycaonia, and Pamphylia, were provinces of it. The apostles reportedly preached in those areas. The verse refers to what was called Proconsular Asia, which included only Ionia, Aeolia, and Lydia. The apostles were not allowed to visit those places at that specific time. But they or other evangelists went there later, and apparently preached the Gospel successfully, because the seven churches referred to in Revelation were located Proconsular Asia. So, the forbidding of the Spirit in this verse was apparently a temporary condition unrelated to the putatively permanent condition of race. Therefore, your inference that the verse is somehow related to race seems to be unwarranted.

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:21 AM   #15
Evangelical

Quote:
It's always humans that evangelize is it not? In any case, we are all of the race of Adam according to the Bible. The Biblical authors were all pre-scientific by at least 1500 years. They don't make a distinction between the biological and the cultural as far as race is concerned. That differentiation comes much later, in the modern era, as a matter of fact.
I agree.
What you say is also what Ken Ham teaches:

https://answersingenesis.org/racism/...fferent-races/