Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 03-28-2018, 06:46 PM   #1
1C6-17

Default Praise the Lord!

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I am an ethic Chinese. I was baptized twenty years ago in Church in Franklin. I have been meeting with local saints in New Jersey since then.

I thank the Lord and the saints for the gospel, the ministry words, the spiritual nourishment, the love and the supports over the years.

I did not personally see Brother Lee or attend any of his meetings. But his teaching through the local saints has pointed me to see and experience Lord Jesus. For that I thank him, but I know that Brother Lee and my local leading brothers are all my fellow saints and that only Jesus is our dear Lord the Savior.

I accidentally came across to this forum. I am impressed with the atmosphere of this forum, and get nourished by many posts here - they balanced my understanding of the Bible and Brother Lee's teaching. I thank the saints for maintaining such a forum and I pray that the Spirit speak more via this forum to nourish more saints for them to follow the Lord.

Praise Him!
1C6-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:01 PM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: Praise the Lord!

Welcome to the forum, IC6-17!

He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit!
Old 03-29-2018, 03:31 AM   #3
1C6-17

Old 03-29-2018, 10:16 AM   #4
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C6-17 View Post
High Five? More like a chest bump!

Old 03-30-2018, 09:20 AM   #5
1C6-17

Sorry, that was the closest I could find from the list.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:54 AM   #6
1C6-17

Our home meeting was studying Hebrews last night. I cannot help thanking Him for the following words ( I read Chinese recovery version but the following is English KJ version).

Hebrews 12:1-4, 12-17 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...jamesbiblelite
Old 03-31-2018, 09:42 PM   #7
JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C6-17 View Post
Our home meeting was studying Hebrews last night. I cannot help thanking Him for the following words ( I read Chinese recovery version but the following is English KJ version).

Hebrews 12:1-4, 12-17 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...jamesbiblelite
Thanks for sharing 1 C16-17. Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Let’s look away to Him indeed!
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote