View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:02 PM   #94
TLFisher

Default Re: Relationships/Courting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
No one here has complained "They wouldn't let me be alone with a MOTOS!" (abbreviating "member of the opposite sex" so I don't have to keep typing that whole phrase) or "They wouldn't let me be unhindered and uninhibited and do whatever I wanted with a MOTOS!"

Of course in the YP meetings, SSOT, any YP trips, in college, etc we were around MOTOS. We are not complaining that there were serving ones around to make sure everyone was safe, taken care of, and two people didn't run off and do something that would devastate their families and the church.

What has created long-lasting, life-affecting issues is the constant, "is that a MOTOS? RUN AWAY!!! FORNICATION!! You had a conversation?!?!? SINFUL!! YOU WERE CIRCLING THE WELL OF PREMARITAL SEX! YOU SMILED WITH THEM ABOUT A COMMON INTEREST?! YOU WERE INCHES AWAY FROM RUINING YOUR LIFE AND YOUR BODY AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND THE SAINTS AND THE CHURCH AND YOUR PARENTS AND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN RUINED IRREVOCABLY!!!!"
Trapped, thank you for your honesty. I can relate from long ago. My experience is relative to one raised in the local churches. Those who came into the local churches as a young adult may have had a far different experience.
Even to mention common interests is the same as speaking loosely, worldly and fleshly. Be spiritual in all many of speaking.
Just as Trapped said, conversation is sinful.