Thread: Whistleblower
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #132
Steel
Moderated Member

Default Re: Whistleblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
As far as repentance being between them and the Lord, let's review the scripture ... Witness Lee knew BenM need to repent. Benson, Ray, DonR, DonL and Joe Davis knew it. Ray Graver knew it.
We can all absolutely know when repentance is needed...

But repentance is unto the Lord first... Not man first.

Unbelievers ask forgiveness every day from those around them. And though there may be some natural human value in doing so, there is not divine value.

And, according to scripture, what every born again eternally saved believer in Christ Jesus should be seeking is that which has divine value.

Quote:
The standard for elders are higher.
The requirement for elders is higher... The standard for all believers is Christ Jesus.

Quote:
Further, if Witness Lee had followed the scripture and set the standard with his own son and later with BenM, we might not be dealing with this scourge today. Witness Lee clearly feared his own son more than he feared the Lord.
This is an assumption on your part.

And we should not be so vain as to think we have the ground to make assumptions.

Quote:
1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses. (Joe Davis, Don Rutledge, Benson Phillips and Don Looper)... 20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear... 21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
Absolutely clear.

And if some don't hold to what Paul instructed Timothy to hold to and set a pattern for other believers with... What should we do?

What does scripture tells us is the proper response to these brothers and sisters?

Quote:
So elders are held to a higher standard.
Again...

Elders are held to a higher requirement...

The standard for all believers in Christ is... Christ.

Quote:
Please provide us with an example of *even one* instance of the Local Church excommunicating a sinning brother for *anything* much less sexual abuse of the sisters in the Local Church.
I can't... As I don't know of any.

Quote:
Don Rutledge's post:... "Yes the worldly wisdom from Witness Lee and the unfaithfulness of the five brothers led to more tragedy. All five have an account to give at the judgment seat.

Hope

In Christ Jesus there is hope for us all."
Yep...

"In Christ Jesus there is hope for us all."

Quote:
I do have an example of a woman who was excommunicated publicly in the 1970's in The Church In Houston whose sin was fornication as a way of life. I was there in the room. It was a definite warning and there was fear among all who were there that night. I will never forget it. And, amazingly, the Elder who spoke in that meeting, excommunicating her, was BenM. Her sin was not between herself and the Lord. It was a church matter.
The church is the Lord's possession.

And the fact that it seems that you don't understand this very basic reality can only lead you to speak in error regarding the things of the church as they relate to the Lord.

Quote:
1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
This...

"...and ye are not your own?"

Is a reality you seem to have little understanding of.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote