Thread: Whistleblower
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 09:58 AM   #49
Drake

Default Re: Whistleblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Hey Drake, I think you are right ... if there's a crime committed, like rape.

But the goings-on in the LSM office wasn't a crime, that I know of. From what I understand, it was consenting adults. And adultery isn't a crime.

As usual, the cover up is as bad as the infraction. Why keep it hush-hush?

That's obvious. To protect the integrity and reputation of the church.

Take John Ingalls. Did he follow Matthew 18:15-17? Yes. But he didn't "tell it to the church." (He did write a book, however).

My question is then, were there crimes committed? If so, it/they should have been reported to the authorities.

I still support the 'MeToo' movement, and think those abused in the LC should be included in it.
Right. That is how I read it too.

There was no crime so Brother John did not go to the police. What would the police do? Adultery is not a crime, it is a sin. They would have told Brother John the same thing Benson did. Brother John needed to deal with it.

Therefore, the allegations of rape are false. As terrible as the sin was it was not a crime. There is nothing to report to the police. By every account presented it was consensual. Yet, why did Brother John and Godfred wait so long to take action and only then after a near insurrection in the meeting hall?

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote