View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 05:05 AM   #126
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: "God died on the cross."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
You're using the wrong analogy. The tent/tabernacle analogy applies to Christ enlarged by the church, not a description of Christ's person. For this we use the tea-water mingling analogy.

Here it is broken down:

Christ Himself is the ark;

Christ + the church (believers) = the tabernacle. This is also termed the "enlarged Christ".

The tent/tabernacle analogy applies to Christ enlarged by the church, not His person.

There is a sense that Christ "travels around" with the church, just as the ark moved around with God's people in the old testament, however you have misapplied this analogy to Christ's own person I think.
No, you have not heard what I am saying. I am not saying that the tent was God, I am saying that the tent represented Jesus physical body and that the expression "tabernacled among us" like living in a tent indicates that the Son of God was inside of Jesus, just as the ark was inside the tabernacle.

You have the one that has misapplied this by saying the physical flesh of Jesus was God.

Let's look at this logically -- Was Adam's flesh God? Was any man's flesh God prior to Jesus Christ? So then your claim is that the only thing required to make man's flesh God is incarnation. No need for the crucifixion or resurrection. Is that logical? You are the one that dismisses all the work that Jesus did to bring us to the Father.