View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 06:44 AM   #26
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Definition of "The Lordīs Recovery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
StG, I assume you're referring to my post. So I'll respond and leave with this;

I see others on the board struggling with the same question that Ohio posed; "How could something so good become so bad?".

Watchman Nee's vision that gave birth to this movement through the doctrine or ground of locality, in my view, wasn't based on God's truth.

If it's true that the sole identity of the Lord's Recovery was founded upon and rooted in a lie, how could this movement ever be considered to have been something good?

But if you maintain your position that the Lord's Recovery was good in the beginning, you would have to agree with Nee's vision. And since God doesn't lie or contradict His Word, in order for the LC's to have been a genuine move of the Holy Spirit, God too would have had to agree that all Christians need to gather in one location within every city under one minister. Yet what I see in God's revelation is Jesus Christ gathering his entire church into only one city, the New Jerusalem.

You just can't have it both ways.
know ye not what the scripture saith of Elijah? how he pleadeth with God against Israel: 3*Lord, they have killed thy prophets, they have digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. 4But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have left for myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to Baal. 5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6But if it is by grace, it is no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace.

The sins of WL, PL, and others does not nullify God’s grace.

7What then? That which Israel seeketh for, that he obtained not; but the election obtained it, and the rest were hardened: 8according as it is written, God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear, unto this very day. 9And David saith,
Let their table be made a snare, and a trap,
And a stumblingblock, and a recompense unto them:
Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see,
And bow thou down their back always.

You are saying that the Lord’s Recovery was built upon a faulty doctrine, I would say that the Lord’s Recovery was built upon the seeking after the true church. This is the path that all who arrive at the church in Philadelphia must take. As it says “you shall go no more out”. Just because the Local church’s table has been made a snare and a trap, a stumbling block and a recompense, that does not mean it wasn’t part of God’s plan so that the elect could arrive at Philadelphia.

The lesson I have taken away from my time in the LC is to glory in the Lord Jesus. Yes they have stumbled, but God has no intent that they fall. They are born again children of God, Jesus is the savior. We stand by faith, don’t be high minded but fear. Their disobedience is based on elevating a man to the same level as Jesus. Peter made the same error on the mount of transfiguration. God has shut up all unto disobedience that He might have mercy on all.