View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #59
Drake

Default Re: How Many Are Former Members Of The Local Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastofthese View Post
Drake,

Assuming Witness Lee never said these things, why are these guys making this up?

During my time with the LSM church (2015), Billy Graham was much less relevant, but none the less - I could picture members of the LSM churches saying this, so I tend to believe their statements to be true. Someone in the "church" disparaged other groups, fellowship, and denominations in ALMOST every single meeting (home, lords table, etc). I wish I would have kept more than just a mental log of this. Additionally, I heard a leading brother make negative comments about a leading pastor at another local church (non-denominational). This forever stuck with me because I knew this church well - I saw how many people they brought to Christ and the HUGE impact they were making in the community. All the while the LSM church in my city sit and made surface level, memorized, chit chat about whatever topic Living Stream "Ministry" told them to discuss, brought people to know Witness Lee (rather than Jesus) and had zero impact on their neighbors. Well I should say positive impact...
LofT,

I don't believe most are making anything up. I think they are articulating their recollections to the best of their ability. Only in a few cases, I think some have consciously changed the facts to suit their narrative.. but for the most part I believe they believe what they said is true.

My response was to the assertion "“.....compare this to the continual bashing of Billy Graham and other groups and people by the LSM recovery leaders.”

First, I have never heard Brother Lee bash once, never mind continually, Billy Graham. I provided a quote representative of the type of things I heard from Brother Lee and others say about Billy Graham.

Did someone, someplace, at sometime, say something about Billy Graham? Well, I am not omnipresent so I cannot know for sure. But if true, it dispels the notion that everyone marches in lockstep to Brother Lee since we know what he said and it was not bashing once or continual.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote