Thread: The LCS Factor
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #1074
Paul Cox

Default Re: The LCS Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
Roger and all,

Igzy got the facts right, and the words pretty right (if not right on).

Don: While you may not really know who the Moody Blues are, there is a least one song that you probably have heard — Nights in White Satin. I might find one or two others you have heard, like Tuesday Afternoon. Both were from 1967.

They are still performing til this day, often with orchestras. I like the music, and while there are probably things to be said about some of the lyrics, they did have a "philosophy" that represents much of man's seeking. While it did not help them find Christ, it did speak to man's hopes, dreams, doubts, and even fantasies. Sometimes the idea of "knowing the times" can be aided by knowing the writings of the modern poets and philosophers.

In any case, the "by line" tells about me. I spend a lot of time in my thinking. But no matter how certain I appear at times, I understand that I may just be "thinking."
I often like to listen to "Dust in the Wind," by Kansas. My wife will sometimes put it on loop while working in the kitchen. That's a gospel message right there.

I know someone locally who told his mom that if he ever died before her, he wanted her to play it at his funeral. Little did he know that he would die just a few years later in a tragic accident. It spoke to many a young heart, at a time when they were being reminded that life doesn't just go on forever.

One time when I was going through a particularly difficult time, several years ago, the Lord spoke to me through the song by Bette Midler, "The Rose." I know, not very "spiritual," huh?

What spoke to me was that no matter how hard and long the winter, somewhere beneath that deep snow is a seed that will in the spring become a rose.

Roger
Paul Cox is offline   Reply With Quote