View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 05:56 PM   #364
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Would you care to share your interpretation of LSM's definition of leader to avoid any confusion?

fyi Witness Lee has been called "our leader" in this thread and I thought the terms MOTA and leader were more or less interchangable. MOTA would be a "unique leader" as Paul was a "unique leader". Of course this does not mean that the MOTA or Lee or Paul was the only leader in the church. Elders are leaders, husbands are leaders over their wives and children/home. Wives are leaders over their children. Anyone who takes the lead in the church is a leader as well, it could be anyone.

As the head of Christianity Paul's messages carried weight and authority.
Paul was an apostle who was commissioned to "complete the word of God".

However, I do not understand this word "unique". There were 12 apostles. There were numerous writers of the NT, in fact many books appear to have been something of a collaborative work.

That said, as much as I appreciate Paul, I do not consider him as a "small h head in the church" as you put it. I find that terminology insulting to the head, Jesus Christ. I also find it incongruous to a basic understanding of biology.

There is only one person, Jesus Christ, that you should be required to confess.

The issue I have with MOTA is not that WL was the leader of your group. I don't even care that you have to pledge allegiance to WL to be in the group. What I do care about is that you portray yourselves as Christians, pretend to be standing on the Bible, and at the very same time that you do that you also require elders to sign a loyalty pledge to Witness Lee and you excommunicate those who have an issue with this.

I care that one of your so called "leaders", Joe Davis, admits that he will not teach anything that Witness Lee doesn't teach, as though Witness Lee is Lord.

I care that another one of your so called leaders, Ed Marks, told me that he signed the apology letter to a sexual predator because "it made Witness Lee happy". I am not here to please man, but your so called leaders are.

I care that another one of your so called leaders, Benjamin Chen (he recently passed), had me removed from the meeting hall because I wanted Ed to explain that letter to me. I went to Ed according to Matt 18, as prescribed by the Lord, yet listening to the Lord is not permitted in the meeting halls of the LRC.

These are three examples of my first hand experience. All three of these experiences are blatantly condemned in the NT by Paul and the other apostles.