View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #27
aron

Default Re: Nullification of the function of the body members

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Actually aron I think you had it quite right the first time. I think your first post gets us to the lowest common denominators as far as the practical Christian experience of the Trinity goes.
Yes; perhaps it was simple enough originally. In any event the scriptures are essential. And my main problem with the ministry of WL (hypocrisy aside) is that the function of his ministry caused us to look away from the words of scripture, and the Christ revealed therein.

I have gone into detail elsewhere on this forum about how Jesus Christ is arguably revealed in the Bible, both in type and in plain language, only to have WL wave the text away as 'natural' and even 'fallen'.

Our ability as sheep to hear our Master's voice, and to "see Jesus" (Heb 2:9), was therefore nullified by WL's ministry. "How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?" (Rom 10:14a)

Of course, seeing the truth in scripture doesn't guarantee obedience. But how can you obey the Master if you don't see Him in the text, revealed before you? How can you follow the Shepherd if you don't hear His voice? How can you function as a member of the body?