View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #44
Unregistered

Default Re: An Outsider's Story

Unregistered Guest there is much to love about a woman other than her sectarian beliefs. I assume you are physically attracted to her and you like her personality. Hopefully you have some things in common that you like to do together e.g. hobbies, sports, etc.

If you are serious about ever getting married then even more considerations should be addressed: e.g. what you both want in life, how finances will be managed, how the decision making process will go in your household, division of labor for household duties, can you communicate well with each other, views on sexuality, do you both want children, etc.

Notice I didn't put much down about religion? Why? Because most people are not obsessed about it like those in the "Lord's Recovery" who tend to be hyper-spiritual about everything. And furthermore the "Lord's Recovery" is not just another church down the street. It is an all encompassing lifestyle and subculture - think: "Amish".

So I guess some questions for you would be how do you two "score" in the items of the above 1st 2 paragraphs? And if it's strong enough and your GF is only a fringe member of the "Lord's Recovery" and will not impose it's lifestyle and views on you, could you two build a life together?