Thread: OBW's Blog
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #25
YP0534

Default Re: OBW's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
Even Jim Jones preached from the Bible. Don’t bother complaining about the over-the-top comparison. I am still not suggesting that kind of suicidal cult. Stop with the false dichotomies. Not being a suicide cult does not make everything OK. I am merely stating the obvious, and that is that even suicidal cults often have some sound doctrines and practices so finding them in the LC is not a “get out of jail free” card. That does not deny their error.
Yes, and the Southern Baptists preach from the Bible and are not that kind of suicide cult and their not being a suicide cult doesn't make everything OK with the Southern Baptists.

I can state the same kind of obviousness but it doesn't mean anything other than the implications that must be intended.

To me, the Local Church looks like the Southern Baptists in their use of the Bible.

But even Jim Jones used the Bible so the Southern Baptists don't have a "get out of jail free" card either on that account.

Unless you mean that the Southern Baptists are a cult!

Yeah, I guess Jim Jones did it too, but I'm not sure why that's relevant.
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote