View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #28
Nell

Default Re: How do I know if I found the one true church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
On the subject of Revivalists, I would say that they were effective so as long as they acted as problem-solvers. Notice how no one here has ever denied the possibility that Lee may have had valid criticism about the state of various Christian groups during his time.

For the sake of argument, lets say WL identified a set of problems that he sought to remedy, and his ministry encompassed what he believed to be that 'remedy'. That very well could have been the case, except for one thing. Even after 10 or 20 years of ministry, Lee was still speaking about so-called "degraded Christianity." If his ministry was meant to solve some kind of problem, and that problem was believed to have been solved, then why was everyone in the LC still so concerned about Christian groups on the outside? The fact that they were still so obsessed with the problem instead of the supposed 'solution' proves that his ministry never was a solution to anything.

In LC hymn #1273, the following lyrics are found:
For the church has fallen low, Thinking everything they know...
and
Overcome degraded Christianity!

When I read those kinds of lyrics, I wonder about their purpose. Again, the LC believes it to be the one true church. If they really believe that to be the case, and believe themselves to be in a state of 'recovery', then why do they so quickly point their fingers at Christianity?
Matthew 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

I believe that this verse is a factor in what has become of Lee's ministry, and his family business. He passed judgment on "poor degraded Christianity" and he is suffering the same judgment himself and the poor degraded Local Church. And here's another one:

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Can it be said that Lee's arrogant and prideful condemnation of his brothers in Christianity is the same as mocking God...an indication of your own deception? I would be hard pressed to say it isn't.

And there's this:
John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Where is the love? What disciple judges his brothers as Lee has done, and those who follow in his steps. I guess we could take the rest of the day to quote verses that confirm that Lee isn't who he said he was.

Nell

Last edited by Nell; 06-17-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote