View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #36
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Re: Just Left the 'Recovery'. What a Relief.

Bradley,

I'm worried about you. I wasn't going for intimidation. I was going for a sobering dose of God's word...not mine. Sexual immorality includes the casual sex you seem to be seeking. I will admit that the truth of God's word can be intimidating.

There's an old hymn that goes like this:
"I have decided to follow Jesus...no turning back, no turning back."

Each of us have struggles about what we are tempted to "turn back" to. You are contemplating one of the more dangerous paths. Each morning, decide to follow Jesus and importantly, decide not to turn back. This will help you to stand. (Having done all to stand, stand.)

This is a strong and clear verse that does not differentiate among your list of sexual sins.

18 Flee sexual immorality! “Every sin a person commits is outside of the body”—but the immoral person sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body.

I apologize for continuing after you requested a change in subject but you did ask for verses, and it was important to me that you not think I was trying to intimidate you when that was not my purpose at all.

If you want more verses, I have a list. if you want my list, all you have to do is ask.

Blessings to you, Bradley

Nell

Last edited by Nell; 06-12-2017 at 07:49 AM.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote