View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #9
ABrotherInChrist

Default Burnings...

I am aware (from some here, and other sources) that in the 1970s, the Local Churches pushed strongly the concept of burning stuff that you find dear. Well, I was just thinking (dangerous, I know)...

I think we should revive the concept of burnings. However, instead of being forced, they should be a personal choice. Instead of burning your prize possessions because some old Chinese guy told you to, I would like to see us all willing to burn our stuff, but the stuff that keeps us away from God. If it gets between me and God, I should be willing to get rid of it. Once I've decided that an item should go, we collect our items and have a big rootin-tootin bonfire. Don't forget to get a permit from the fire department first.

My first contributions to said pile:
  • every book or pamphlet or paper put out by LSM and their cronies that has made its way into my house.
  • any Jehovah's Witness garbage that managed to make it past the pair of expert shredding dogs.

That in and of itself should make a bonfire that will burn for a long time.

I'm sure after that, the Lord would convict me of something else that should be removed from the house too, but I think that would make a wonderful start.

Smores anyone?
ABrotherInChrist is offline   Reply With Quote