View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 08:07 PM   #1003
awareness

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Can't you see thru this hypocrisy? Why is it so hard for you? You can't keep blaming Kentuckian Evangelicals for this mess.
Of course I see thru the hypocrisy. I'm not blind. Just as I see thru the hypocrisy of this Trump admin.

And the population of the whole state of Ky is only 4 million. So Ky is not even close to being blameable for this mess. Although, we do have a few hotspot pollution centers in the state ; one chemical company right here in town, that stinks ; and a city I grew up in, with industries, that's been sued by counties up wind for causing higher cancer rates.

These kinds of pollution matters don't care about political parties, they'll make conservatives and liberals sick alike.

I don't know why pollution of our air, water, and food, is a political matter. Both liberals and conservatives depend on them being clean and wholesome.

And yes it's irksome to hear some kale eating liberals spouting environment, environment, environment, while flying around in private jets, to preach to me about cutting greenhouse gases.

If they really practiced what they are preaching with the same zeal, then they'd be living off the gird.

But then we have ones like Wendell Berry, a good ol' Ky boy, that pretty much lives what he preaches concerning the environment.

I consider that I have a personal vested interest in the environment, in clean air, water, and food. I'm for anyone that is concerned about them. And I don't care if they identify as liberal or conservative.

I just don't think that crapping in our nest is a good idea ... whether it's liberal fecal matter, or conservative.

And I've noticed that no one wants to talk about the elephant in the room, that, it's the heat of the loins that's causing global warming ... and both conservatives and liberals are to blame for it.

Tho I do have to point out that Trump's appointment to head up Title X family planning for our nation's poor, Teresa Manning, is a contraception skeptic.