View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #166
Indiana

Default Barabara Mallon response to Witness Lee "repentance"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
So we finally have one of the infamous "Brothers We" joining Lee who made what was essentially a death-bed declaration that we had been wrong. I guess Lee managed to pass out before he uttered even one example of error, so it was not really much of anything. So, in keeping with their example, RK and the rest will follow suit and start many repentances that repent of nothing.
Just say the word "repent" or "fallible" or "wrong."

Barbara Mallon response to Witness Lee "repentance"

"Allow me to respond. I do not believe that W. Lee had a genuine repentance in Feb 1997. If he genuinely did, there would be some 'fruit' to such a repentance. Where is it?

If he genuinely repented, would not the Lord have kept him alive a few years more to see and cherish that fruit?

Allow me to illustrate, let me assume for a moment that it's genuine; he repented, in private, concerning just one name, Bro. X. 14 years have passed, I don't know of any record of an attempt at reconciliation toward Bro. X.

Surely Lee would not have passed on this 'crucial charge' to others without first leading by example. He would not have left it up to others 'to read over, fellowship, and interpret'. This is a cop-out. this is passing the buck yet again.

again W. Lee does not take responsibility for his own 'mistakes' . 'mistakes' is a lie. Assuming the headship of Christ (by referring to oneself as 'the oracle of God'/minister of the age/ commander-in-chief) or branding fellow brothers as rebels are sins against and undermine the Body. No one does such things by mistake, by accident. These are wilful acts and have been symptomatic of W. Lee's regime. Symptomatic to the point of abuse.

With LSM, there is a 'White House' and commander-in-chief , but where is the 'House of Representatives', where is the 'secretary of foreign affairs'? Watching 24 and Jack Bauer's frenzied one-man ministry of 'lets pursue the terrorists', with it's direct line to the White House routine, is, for me, illustrative of whats wrong with the LR.

W. Lee, TV evangelists, they all have something in common, an addiction to power even if the cost is dignity.

We have been too kind to the 'Wizard of Oz'."

(2010 email 3 1/2 years)

Barbara had just heard in 2010 of Brother Lee's "repentance" in 1997 and wanted me to send her information about this. I sent her the transcript.
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote