Thread: My Testimony
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #89
countmeworthy

Default Re: My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I'd recommend you use Bible Gateway, Bible Hub, or Blue Letter Bible to do a Bible Word search on the words "holy", "sanctify", and "sanctification" (all have the same root word in Greek), and read as many of the verses as you can (there are many!) to see how the Bible defines sanctification.

Warning, that will be a lot of work, but it might get you out of the weeds on this. I've done such a Word search before, and just wanted to bow down to my God and savior Jesus, and beg His Holy Spirit to sanctify me from my filthiness.
I use biblegateway.com all the time. I love it because I can type in a word and all the words will pop up. If I am looking for a particular scripture, that I know is the NT, I can go to the right side menu and scan down to the NT. If I think it's in 1 Corinthians, I simply click on it..

If I want to read the passage or scripture in a different translation, I simply switch to the translation. A few years ago, I read Psalm 91 in about 7 translations for a whole week!

http://www.gotquestions.org/ is also a good site to check out for topics and questions.

Blessings to all !
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote