View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 12:35 PM   #137
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Eating & Drinking Jesus Daily - Who emphasizes this besides the LC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
So again, I am simply asking you brothers to come down from the heavens and get practical with us. Tell us exactly what you mean by "eating and drinking" and "learning how to eat, drink, absorb and enjoy the Lord". Since you keep telling us that you don't see anywhere else where this is taught and practiced except in the Local Church (and Scottsdale I guess), it must be something above and beyond what you have thus far stated. So let's hear it!
Not sure what else I could say other than what I've previously conveyed of my practical, ongoing experience, a few times on here already (and cited these specific posts too) right?

And you , and others are right - it's not anything really different than what many are experiencing. That is, enjoying Jesus is the same as being nourished in Spirit. (right?) Hopefully as we are all pursuing Him we find ways daily to seek Him, be nourished and walk in spirit (all pretty much the same thing, right?). So in that respect all may be practicing the eating and the drinking . . . but are just not using that same terminology (perhaps). (and they may not realize they are "eating" Christ . . .)

FranklyM, in a walk I took this morning and while speaking to the Lord, these verses came to me (this is from memory, so no citations):

"He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies."

"I am the true bread that comes down from heaven that a man may eat and live." "He that is eating of Me shall live because of Me."

"Give us this day our daily bread."

"Do this in remembrance of Me."

"Be diligent to enter that rest."

My comments on above verses:
He spreads a table for us to eat in front of our enemies. Do our enemies then go away forever when we've eaten once? No. Neither does He stop spreading the table for us to eat.

No example/principle of eating I've seen is ever once for all. John 6:57 has been mentioned on here before - "He that eats Me shall live because of Me" - "eats" is well translated as "feeds" or "is eating." Look it up. It is not a singular, one time event.

How is "Give us this day our daily bread" a one time thing? And how do we "Do this in remembrance of Me" - just once? The idea is to keep on remembering and we do that by eating over and over and over.

Lastly, as per Hebrews 4:11, how is being "diligent to enter that rest" a one time thing? It is not - it is continual. Yes, He did it all, and spread a table before us. We are to come to Him and eat. And eat. And eat. When we remember, we eat again. We get busy with stuff, then eat again. We are to be diligent to enter all that He has already done: His one-time sacrifice and gift of righteousness AND His continually indwelling Spirit, which encourages us and nourishes us daily (if we eat of Him).

Hope that's a help Jo/Frankly, et. al.!