View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #84
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Eating & Drinking Jesus Daily - who emphasizes this besides the LC?

Wow - I was concerned a little that while I traveled this thread would languish . . . but to the contrary, maybe I should go on travel more! You guys are having way too much fun without me.

So I don't know where or how the practice started, or what it should or shouldn't be called. "But this I know" (as the hymn starts out) that I enjoy taking the word many times by prayer. I usually start out in the morning in a fuzzy-headed condition. I may breath the name of Jesus or say "Thank you Lord for this day" a couple times, and then I get into the word. I may start out reading a few verses to myself, but then read them aloud. And then I'm moved to pray something like, "Lord thank you that I can take everything to you in prayer and thank you I don't need to be anxious for anything." This, for instance, would be a way of speaking Philippians 4:7-8 back to Him. I enjoy doing this kind of thing and often might then break out in song to Him, or whatever I feel led to do or speak.

This practice, no mater what it might get called, will not be given up by me unless the Anointing tells me I should! And I don't believe He would tell me that, because it is fresh and living and of Him! It is nourishing and I am fed of Christ to pursue Him all the more. Argue the merits of this if you must, but I don't think anyone can sway me. To me, this is a way to get my head wrapped around Him and what is true, AND be nourished in spirit.

Jo, dear brother, please forgive us if we go over the line with you and don't exhibit brotherly love. I do want to hear what you say, and do consider it. (As Ohio said yesterday, it causes me to seek Him more and get answers from Him.) The last couple days whilst I was traveling, I also thought we might start a separate thread on "Christian Mysticism," since it keeps being brought up you (Jo) on various threads. Maybe we should examine this further, apart from specific the topic at hand - which is, Who emphasizes eating and drink Jesus besides the LC?

Now I think it is well established, at least to me, that eating & drinking is a main topic in the Bible, and can be readily shown from the first two chapters in Genesis to the last two chapters in Revelation. And I think it is also established well, again - at least to me, that the LC's practice of mindless chanting is off the mark and not to be emulated. Are there any current ekklesias you know of who teach and/or practice something of eating & drinking the Lord?