Thread: HERn's Blog
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 11:29 AM   #2
HERn

Default Re: HERn's Blog

"Instant Family". . . Oh no you don't God!

Wife and I just watched "Instant Family" at the theater and boy did it tug my heart strings and draw a few tears from my eyes. It's about a young couple who didn't have kids who end up fostering and then adopting three siblings. We definately could relate. Previously we fostered three sibling brothers, other boys and a baby girl that we were finally able to adopt. She's 19 and still lives at home where we take care of some needs. While watching the film I felt my heart tugged towards opening our hearts and home to other children. We arent young, but have good health.

"Father God! What are you doing to me!" That was my prayer during the movie when the Spirit was moving my heart. I continued: "Hold on here Father, you know we have been through misery the last three years birthing our daughter into adulthood, you know we are emotionally drawn out living with a 90 year old parent and travelling to take care of other parents two hours away. You know we don't have a support group and we need more fellowship we haven't found yet. We are strung out and at our wits end!"

So, I told God that He needs to bring grace into my family life in these areas and others in order that we would have the capacity to honor that tug of the Spirit and fulfill James' exortation that true religion is to take care of the orphans and widows. I believe my Father is mature enough to receive the honest prayers of His children. Do you need to have a "Dutch Uncle" talk with your heavenly Father?