View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
I hate to be the one to throw cold water on things. But I just suggested to Don in another thread that once you add one “if” to facts, all bets are off because everything becomes variable.

This whole Adam/Eve, who was responsible for the fall line is interesting, but pointless. While we’re at it, shall we talk about what would have happened if Hitler had won, or Al Gore, or Hillary (v Obama) (not trying to compare any of them).

I’m not offended, and if this is just a little fun amusement while waiting for the next meaty topic, that’s fine. But it seems we are getting a little too sure of which way the answer would have been in the face of insufficient facts and precedence to make any such statements.

OK. I’ve said enough. Carry on. But it makes me feel a little like this guy.

Mike,

Since you shared with us how this thread makes you feel, I'll just go ahead and let you know that your post made me feel the same way.

Some of us have had a discussion that is meaningful to us. That's important. You haven't participated to the extent that some of us have, except to poo-poo on us. You are free to discuss what interests you and we want nothing but the same freedom in return.

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote