Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 06:54 PM   #9
KindnessNotBlindness

Default Re: New Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentathen View Post
I would be interested to find out if after having left the LC, have you looked for/found any fellowship similar to what you were hoping to find when you first came into the LC? I've found some, sadly very few, groups who do seem to truly follow the leading of the Lord in a corporate way, without a hidden "clergy" or system that's really organizing things from behind the scenes. I'd be interested in what yours and other people's experience has been.
I have personally left all religion, spirituality, or anything of the sort and am atheist. It is a peaceful existence. I don't personally believe that these groups and organizations are anything but divisive that leads to elitism and shunning other groups, religion, etc. I was in the LC for 34 years but I was encouraged to and did visit other denominations and all have been houses full of skeletons. As in people who were superficially living for the Lord but inwardly dying. Unfortunately, I personally have been treated very, very unkind by Christians. There is a lot of ambition, jealousy and rivalry, and selfishness. I don't miss it. Peace to you.
KindnessNotBlindness is offline   Reply With Quote