View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 07:42 AM   #148
Drake

Default Re: New Jane Anderson Website

Seems obvious that the mission is: "helping Christian men and women understand how God wants them to view and treat each other, which includes repenting to each other."

Its a good thing that a man who impulsively controlled his wife and kept her in her place with cutting and manipulative words had a change of heart and realized the error of his ways, repented to her and the family, and set things right between them.

I personally have not met many Christian husbands who acted that way in or outside of the Lords Recovery. But for those who are like John once was they would do well to follow his lead even at the risk of being accused of being henpecked. In repentance, over compensation is not a bad thing.

Still, I may applaud a man's repentence but not every detail. I do not agree with the lemon verses teaching Jane promotes. It is a slippery slope as it even led Bushnell to postulate the first man Adam was a Hermaphrodite. (That forum members would neglect due diligence on examining that and let that pass without objection exposes a dangerous folly).

I also understand the natural response of seeking for an explanation of "why?" based on the traumatic events described in her first book. She and her husband John have found an explanation outside of themselves and their own contribution to that part of their history..... the problem were and are some mistranslated "lemon" verses, or culture, male bias in others who mistreated them. Yet, no one can predict the form of a reshapen wounded soul. The two books describe one story, two parts. Going in and coming out

So though, I am sympathetic to the people involved yet I reject the dangerous path of Jane's teaching on this subject.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote