Old 09-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #65
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Re: New Jane Anderson Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Post #57

Nell,

If you prefer to repeat Jane's teaching in your posts that is fine with me, however, you don't need to do it for my sake.
Just so you know, Drake, I don't need your permission to post on this forum and...doing something "for your sake?" Really? Uh. No.

Quote:
For I agree that Satan is attacking women, and that he deceived Eve by his "Eden method of misinterpreting the Word of God" as JP Lewis succinctly stated (I'll come back to this point shortly). Eve and women were not cursed, rather it was the serpent that was cursed. Women are not inferior, neither are they less then men. Of course Satan seeks revenge on women and wants to attack her promised Seed and could, if successful, exact a revenge on women as you suggest here... "Satan working through male biased translators" would be a master stroke."

But that is not really relevant because the question is not "would it" be a master stroke, but rather "was it?". Or to bring it current in our conversation... is it?
No. MY statement was "that would be a master stroke," implying that if that's what happened it would be "master stroke"...the serpent using God's word against him. Make your own argument as you see fit, but please do not change mine and declare mine "irrelevant" then make some grandiose rebuttal as though it were mine. I believe this is called a strawman. Something you no doubt learned from your buddy, Evangelical.

Quote:
Evangelical analyzed the translations and the gender composition of those teams and made a compelling case for there being no male bias.

Drake
There is enough evidence that it's reasonable for the translators to take another look at the 8 passages to determine the accuracy of the translations.

Evangelical made a "compelling case" for there being "no male bias." Jane made a compelling case that there was male bias. Why don't we put the issue to the translators to verify the veracity of the translation? Why is that such a problem to you and your buddy?

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote