View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
Indiana

Default Re: Reconsideration of the Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps8602 View Post
I found this article to be very disturbing. As one who has been around the recovery since the 70's I can testify that there are a number of items that are grossly incorrect, whether this is because of rumours and false stories or made up by the author I have no idea.
The brother who wrote the article was also disturbed, and he had plenty of ground to be – so he responded in this article.

Quote:
If we want to have meaningful dialogue concerning the situation then we should be honest and remove this article.
Let's be honest, but let's not remove the article.

Let's talk about "rumors" "false stories" and something "made up", because this is now something you have claimed. Let's see how much substantiation of your claims can be made.

The leadership was given plenty of opportunity to be forthright and respond to the article. They did not do so. Although the article is inflammatory, it was also a sincere attempt at addressing the real situation and clearing the way for the saints. There are too many important points to just let go. So he said in his concluding word, the following:

Quote:
CONCLUSION
Today we have many questions in the Lord's Recovery. In order for us to press on, we need to clarify those questions. According to the writer's understanding, almost every co-worker of his early years, does not agree with the recent works of Mr. X. Does that mean that everyone but him, does not see the heavenly vision? This pamphlet represents the voices of many. What we ask is to clarify these questions which will enable us to press on. We are not judging things according to right or wrong. In that day, we will all stand before the judgment-seat of Christ. Only He is our judge. Today we hope that we may keep an undefiled conscience toward God, toward men and toward ourselves.

Dear brothers and sisters in the Lord's Recovery, please do not read this pamphlet with colored glasses, but with a pure heart. Check with the pure Words in the Bible. Whether you are included in this writing or just a third party, if you have the peace in your conscience, then forget this writing. However, if your conscience bothers you, then that could be the Lord rebuking you through this writing. Please be sure to come back to the Lord and thoroughly deal with all the wrong doings. It is everyone's responsibility to protect the testimony of the Lord's Recovery.

Regarding the financial questions, we hope that the ministry office will put out a detailed Regarding the financial questions, we hope that the ministry office will put out a detailed statement by a CPA firm, or let IRS or FRANCHISE TAX BOARD examine all financial matters.

This legitimate request regarding financial questions and matters was ignored. The leadership to either deflects or superficially addresses legitimate concerns, and make their requests for you not to make an issue of anything.
Quote:
As one who has been around the recovery since the 70's I can testify that there are a number of items that are grossly incorrect..
If there are items that are grossly incorrect, can you suggest another one? The first one you thought was obviously wrong, was not wrong.

I have always found this article to be risky to use, but not to the point of not showing it. This article was what the saints got exposed to in those days! And, the article troubled Witness Lee. How much of it can be substantiated? I think we can find something to refute. But we are also going to be left with a substantial amount of truth to deal with.

Last edited by Indiana; 01-14-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote