View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 09:49 AM   #87
OBW

Default Re: Favorite hymns of mine

It was hard not to listen to one of the others nearby on the page. I started one and was greeted by a stringing of LCM catchphrases. By the end of about 4 lines there had been mention of God's economy (so glorious), consummated, God's eternal purpose . . . . I just couldn't help but kill it then and there. A smorgasbord of Leeology. Shot-gunning every high-sounding phrase they had in their arsenal. It would have made me laugh if it had not made me so ill.

And unlike the one JJ linked (which is at least mostly a regular hymn with no video), this one had pretty scenery scrolling words along with the choir (despite being called Karaoke).

I know this thread is about music we like. But so much of the LCM music was, and is, about catching people who think that simple and focused is poor and theologically (or Leeologically) jam-packed is what worship and singing is all about. Impress everyone with the depth of your theology.

Nothing trite like care for the dying, or Lord have mercy on me. Not even as low as the gospel of salvation. It must be nearly unable to contain the amount of stuff that can be crammed-in.