View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #101
aron

Default Re: afazio - Spiritual Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
One reason I keep repeating questions is that I'm waiting for someone to come up with an answer. Avoid the question, and I suspect I'm on to something and keep repeating it.
Here's an example: recently we were discussing the LC saying to "get out of your mind"; I brought up some examples of questions that one might have of glaring & obvious contradictions in LC teaching & practice, if one used their critical faculties as God designed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
~How come the movement started by women (Ruth Lee & Elizabeth Fischbacher transcribed & edited WN's spoken messages into printed book form) doesn't allow women as blended co-workers, and no one notices? Because they're brain-dead is why.

~Why does no one notice that a supposed ministry of reconciliation (2 Cor 5) doesn't reconcile with anyone, acting as if it were merely a guanxi network? Because they're trained (conditioned) not to notice anything.

~In one place, WL taught that the psalmist crushing his enemies' skulls and dipping his feet in their blood was a "type of Christ" defeating Satan. In other parts of the same training, such sentiments got roundly panned as "natural" and "fallen concepts", and not aligning with the New Testament ministry of grace, love, forbearance, forgiveness &c. These kinds of whipsaw teachings were paraded in front of thousands, and in the testimonies no one got up & said, "Um, Mr Oracle, seems there's a discrepancy between point III(A)(1c) and point VII(C)(2b) Can you explain?"

People would sit there passively while flatly contradictory teachings were presented. Nobody said a word! Not even one question?! How could they not be brain-dead? And we could bring up one contradiction after another: failure to teach consistently, failure to line up with the precedent set by the apostles' reception of the OT. . . and nobody said anything! "Check your brain at the door" indeed. "Get out of your mind" was pre-requisite for LC membership.

~Why does LSM esteem Protestantism as part of its foundational "goodly heritage", and in the next breath calls them "daughters of the harlot", and no one seems to notice?
Here was Drake's response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
What does that have to do with the topic of THIS thread??
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Those items are not relevant to this topic either aron..... just standard talking points you use in most threads....
However, calling brothers in the Lord "brain-dead" does not seem far removed from those solemnly warned in Matthew 5:22-25. Hope you are prepared for that.
Drake
If we ask questions that nobody seems to have answers to, we'll keep asking until someone tries to answer. Seems fair enough to me.