View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 03:03 PM   #472
ACuriousFellow

Default Re: God's Economy is in faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Yes I think we're in full agreement on this. And yes, we were warned explicitly not to follow the repetitive noisemaking path, yet on it we went most of us anyway... it was so enjoyable! But at the end, no transformation, just frustration. I mean, group chanting was such a head rush. I was 'in spirit, on the ground'!

But really, I was just in a state of heightened suggestibility in which I sat through meeting after meeting, training after training, conference after conference, absorbing all the Lee teachings. At that point, he could have sold us fried eggs, told us it was God's economy, and we would have congratulated ourselves on being so fortunate. It was a golden opportunity, his cheerleaders would say, as we sat raptly, transfixed.
I must admit that for a time I subscribed to this as well. By the end of my tenure, I saw how vain it was when it all came together: their obsession with Lee's ministry, the neglect of scriptural study, the neglect of their members, their history of intimidation and litigation. My trust in The Lord's Recovery died slowly but surely, and all the while painfully.
ACuriousFellow is offline   Reply With Quote